D&D 5E Tasha: Now on D&D Beyond, Roll20, Fantasy Grounds

Today's the day that Tasha's Guide to Everything is as a hardcover available in North America. For everybody else, it can be found on various digital platforms for $29.99.

tasha.jpg

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Read it. Not quite cover-to-cover, but I don't tend to enjoy reading too much of class features or spell descriptions unless I'm actively making a character that's going to use them. (Don't get me wrong, I read a lot of them, just not everything.) First impressions: Cool, but maybe not quite as exciting as I was expecting. Still, I think this book is going to be seen a lot going forward, so time will bear out.

As someone who likes playing fighters, I see myself using quite a few of those new fighting styles!

Wasn't there a blow-up a while aback over rumors that sorcerers would be able to switch out spells on a long rest? I haven't seen anything like that in the book - the best sorcerers can do is to switch out a cantrip on any ASI level. Overall, I'm really liking the class options - as a DM, I probably would have very little issue with allowing my players to have them, especially for weaker classes like ranger.

And I'm really intrigued over what the backstory of the "villainous Master of the Bakers Guild" with his bullywug guardian in a rapidly-moving carriage might be, as illustrated in the Group Patrons section. Is he attempting to escape the city after plotting to commit mass murder with poisoned cookies or the like?

Last edited:

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Just reading through it now. I'm disappointed that they got rid of the fighting styles that granted cantrips.

Edit: Reading further, it seems like it is just style for the fighter that they removed.

Just reading through it now. I'm disappointed that they got rid of the fighting styles that granted cantrips.

Edit: Reading further, it seems like it is just style for the fighter that they removed.
There never was a cantrip-granting style for the fighter - I grumbled bout it at the time.

The Paladin and Ranger spell-styles are exclusive, you can't get them with the feat. Although if you are spending a feat you are better getting Magic Adept anyway.

I'm a bit sad that the Tandem Tactician feat doesn't seem to have made it into the final book. Much more interesting than Eldritch Adept or Artificer Initiate.

I'm a bit sad that the Tandem Tactician feat doesn't seem to have made it into the final book. Much more interesting than Eldritch Adept or Artificer Initiate.
Not surprised, I think the the opinion that it was overpowered was widely held.

Eldritch Adept now has two powerful options. As well as Devil's Sight you could use it to pick up Eldritch Mind, which gives you advantage on all concentration saves.

Intelligence Magic Stone is probably the most build-defining option in Artificer Initiate, but it also gives you the Blade cantrips now. Good for intelligent rogues. INT Cure Wounds might appeal to wizards.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases