D&D 5E Tasha: Now on D&D Beyond, Roll20, Fantasy Grounds

Today's the day that Tasha's Guide to Everything is as a hardcover available in North America. For everybody else, it can be found on various digital platforms for $29.99.

tasha.jpg

Last edited:

Not surprised, I think the the opinion that it was overpowered was widely held.
Yeah, but they could have toned it down rather than cut it completely. It'd be nice to have something that boosted Help. It's a really handy niche for a npc when you've got only a couple of players and the GM provides an extra quasi-party-member to help out, but doesn't want to steal the spotlight.

Wouldn't Warcaster be more useful than spending a feat on Eldritch Mind?
True, that would usually be better. Is their any situation where you would have to make a concentration check as a result of something other than damage? Otherwise, the only advantage is the ability to swap the power for a different one (unless you have warlock levels OC). Devil's Sight remains a powerful option for anyone who can cast Darkness.

Lieslo

Explorer
Lot of good stuff that I would use here though Tasha comes across like a high school queen bee which grates a little.
Puzzles are good but my players will probably read this which will give them a clue even after adapting

Yeah, but they could have toned it down rather than cut it completely. It'd be nice to have something that boosted Help. It's a really handy niche for a npc when you've got only a couple of players and the GM provides an extra quasi-party-member to help out, but doesn't want to steal the spotlight.
If it's an NPC they don't have to follow class rules, the DM can give them anything they like.

Expert Sidekicks get a bonus action help.

Last edited:

Weiley31

Legend
And I'm really intrigued over what the backstory of the "villainous Master of the Bakers Guild" with his bullywug guardian in a rapidly-moving carriage might be, as illustrated in the Group Patrons section. Is he attempting to escape the city after plotting to commit mass murder with poisoned cookies or the like?
That or said Master of Baker's Guild is speeding off to finally confront and kill his rival who is the Master of The Beer Brewer's Guild.

Baumi

Adventurer
Great Book. So much Player materials and I love the fixes to Spells/Features like Summons and Beast Master. 8D

Sacrosanct

Legend
It was on Beyond last night at 9pm PST, but it's not on roll20 until 10am PST today. weird. Also, the character options slider bar isn't enabled yet in Beyond.

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases