Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn '08

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Karl seems very dissappointed, "too bad, I would have liked to have seen the place of sales. I am also sorry to have encountered such un fair bidding practices.

Our map was wanted by another, so he sent some goons to try and take it away from us, only fto find that we prevailed. we found out a gentleman named Scrate wanted to be a go between for the sale of the map. That seems pale compared to a sore loser in a legitamate bid at an aution. You did say this was a form of aution chouse, right?"

Theroc

First Post
[sblock=group so far]
Theroc= Fighter (I think)
ScorpiusRisk= cleric
Walking Dad= cleric

Two clerics!! come on guys two more and we start :lol: [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC stuff]
Viktor is indeed a fighter. He's more a skirmish control fighter than a meatshield though. But I'm sure he can fill in that role anyway.[/sblock]

Viktor did not speak at the moment, simply observed, deciding that he'd be better off learning of his companions once the job was assured, rather than operating under a possibly false pretence.

hellrazor111

First Post
"A job? I'm always looking for work, I think I'll check it out." Cray takes another long drink. "What's this DTC Firebuilder, I would like to know a little about who we may be working for."

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Well I don't know much more than I said," turning back to Cray. "They're a Trade Company with base locations throughout the South. Buy one place, sell another and vice versa. Used to pack up the wagons with weapons on pick up days."

He thought back on that and shook his head disdainfully. "They're certainly a self confident group."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"A job? I'm always looking for work, I think I'll check it out." Cray takes another long drink. "What's this DTC Firebuilder, I would like to know a little about who we may be working for."

[sblock=ooc]

hellrazor111 gets one of the last two spots leaving room for one more and Cray is a paladin so the group so far is:

Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Paladin
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, human cleric

That seems pale compared to a sore loser in a legitamate bid at an aution. You did say this was a form of aution chouse, right?"

Weel nods. "Or, rather, part of it was. There was actually quite the marketplace, so there were plenty of spots to simply buy something properly--if I'd had much in the way of funds, I suppose. But our object was at a high-bid auction house that the man who ran the entire Bazaar jogged ... I mean, ran."

Scott DeWar

"Er, jogged? Uh, oh I see. Yes, he ran the bizzar. I understand now. Um, I wonder if there might ever be a regular trade route there when it gets back to running again.

Where is this market place? how far away is is? Any Idea how long before it is running again? What kind of things did they sell there?"

though the questions are politely asked, the are rattled off to show a strong line of curiosity underlying the calm demeaner.

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, human cleric

" Where is this market place? how far away is is? Any Idea how long before it is running again? What kind of things did they sell there?"

Weel stutters a moment. "Well, I was actually transported there via magic, and I'm afraid the return trip is such a blur that I can't say I remember the way back. And I'm afraid the proprietor didn't give any kind of indication when the bazaar might open back up. I think he was planning on concentrating his efforts on studying the pay... no, urn. Yes. Studying the urn we broke."

[sblock=OOC]I'm not sure Team Cleric is the best party makeup, but if no one else is going to step up for the spots, Weel's still game. I just figured there was plenty of divine magic, but no arcanists or rogues...[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Weel stutters a moment. "Well, I was actually transported there via magic, and I'm afraid the return trip is such a blur that I can't say I remember the way back. And I'm afraid the proprietor didn't give any kind of indication when the bazaar might open back up. I think he was planning on concentrating his efforts on studying the pay... no, urn. Yes. Studying the urn we broke."

[sblock=OOC]I'm not sure Team Cleric is the best party makeup, but if no one else is going to step up for the spots, Weel's still game. I just figured there was plenty of divine magic, but no arcanists or rogues...[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc] You woulod think a rogue or wizard player would jump at the chance to adventure with two clerics (better to get healed?) but if you encounter a trap you could always barrel through and heal afterward.

ATTENTION: We have four so recuritment will end at the end of this week, so as to be far to those waiting. Those who are in please pm me a link to your characters please. [/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Karl is showing amazement on his face at the mention of magic being used to transport a person, " I have only heard of such things being done by the great storines my parents would tell. wow!"

The explorer is also a bit baffeled at the regular mis-statements being made : urn verses pay, and the synominous meanings thereof. He also feels sorry for the poor man who constantly is confused with what he is trying to say, but out of politeness, says nothing.

Remove ads