• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn '08

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=ooc] Dire tadpole , trouvere and 'Nock: just wanted you guys to know i have been reading what you have posted about the armor and didn't just flit off to tarag's forge.

by the way trouvere, were you saying that the shoe was tarag's size? [/sblock]

Richard Rawen

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I was just getting ready to ask about the take 10 on aid another. I think I need to go pester that grumpy ol' codger tarag[/sblock]

"I can give assistance in minor work, but I am truely unskilled in things like the making of armor. I may have to find the ore skilled armorer, like the one i heard , oh what's his name? that over confident bard? Kelder, I think his name is. I heard Kelder the bard call Tarag Ol' grumpy butt, i think."

Karl Stands,"I will be seeing you guy soon." He exits to Tarag's forge.
Richard's head whips around as the fellow leaves. He glances down at his only clean, non-work clothing, and shrugs. "Business does keep one busy!", the fighter-turned-smith hurries after the potential customer.

Richard Rawen

First Post
"Oh, I am sorry. I thought Tarag was a dwarf.You are a human! Or do I have the wrong forge?"
[sblock=]Richard meets the man at Tarag's, "Heh, no you have the right place, 'Names Richard, I'm minding the forge for Tarag while he's, uh, away on business." Richard suppresses a smirk, proud of his diplomatic turn of phrase, then realizes he's paused mid thought, and hurries on with his speech, his face growing serious.
"I heard you mention Mithral, which is, to be quite blunt, not something I've ever worked on, er, that is with, before.
I'm more focussed on weapons for one thing, and though I am capable of making armor if that other fellow is confident of his abilities to work such a rare metal, I wouldn't want to bluff you into thinking I have that confidence."
The young man shrugs a bit, "Not yet anyways."[/sblock]
OOC: Paraphrased from the Tarag's Forge thread.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Jonah Stone Human Druid lvl1 (unapproved)

The door to the Red Dragon Inn opens, and a tall, thin man enters. As he turns to shut the door he gives a quick whistle and a huge black dog runs into the common room. The beast stands at least three and half feet from floor to the top of its head and with a soild look making it easily over a hundred pounds. The tall man smiles at the dog as it stands in the middle of the room looking around smelling the air. Falling in beside the man as he walks up to the bar, it then jumps up putting its paws on the bar and its head even with its owner who is over six feet tall. "Blue", he says in a backwater country drawal. The great dane drops back to the floor and ducks his huge head in shame. Turning to the bartender he asks, "I'm told be asking for Joe, but by the descript I's givin' you must be he. I'm Jonah..
Jonah Stone." His hand extended the newcomer leans in to hear Joe over the patrons. Leaning back up straight he looks around a little nervous. Joe gives him a nod as if to go ahead, and the man calls out, "I be Jonah and me big friend thar be Blue." He looks back at Joe and then says, "Were from the southluns lookin fur work."

Dire Tadpole

First Post
Julien Zani, Shaper 1

Midias Sunchosen, cleric of Hyrag 1
"To help the wounded and destroy the undead. Or just healing any champions of GOOD and help them in their endeavors."

I agree that helping the wounded and destroying the undead is a worthy goal. I certainly subscribe to your viewing concerning healing and help in endeavours.

What sort of person is a Champion of Good?

The door to the Red Dragon Inn opens, and a tall, thin man enters. As he turns to shut the door he gives a quick whistle and a huge black dog runs into the common room. The beast stands at least three and half feet from floor to the top of its head and with a soild look making it easily over a hundred pounds. The tall man smiles at the dog as it stands in the middle of the room looking around smelling the air. Falling in beside the man as he walks up to the bar, it then jumps up putting its paws on the bar and its head even with its owner who is over six feet tall. "Blue",he says in a backwater country drawal. The great dane drops back to the floor and ducks his huge head in shame. Turning to the bartender he asks, "I'm told be asking for Joe, but by the descript I's givin' you must be he. I'm Jonah..
Jonah Stone." His hand extended the newcomer leans in to hear Joe over the patrons. Leaning back up straight he looks around a little nervous. Joe gives him a nod as if to go ahead, and the man calls out, "I be Jonah and me big friend thar be Blue." He looks back at Joe and then says, "Were from the southluns lookin fur work."

Hello Jonah, I am Julien, a wanderer from Momenvassia

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Jonah Human Male

"Momennva..., sorery Master Julien sur." Jonah says doffing his hood back and raising a knuckle to his forehead. "Never heard o' tha place, sorery." He says again looking at the floor then at Blue. The great dog puts his belly to the cool floor and just stares at Jonah with his tongue lagging out. Jonah removes the jute sack and attached bedroll from off his shoulder setting them on the floor. He opens the sack and then pulls out an empty waterskin. "Do ye know were I could fill me skin fur Blue and me's sur," he asks Julien.

hellrazor111

First Post
Midias Sunchosen, cleric of Hyrag 1
"To help the wounded and destroy the undead. Or just healing any champions of GOOD and help them in their endeavors."
Cray finishes his drink and after ordering a new one, sits at Midas' table "So your also a crusader of goody rightousness. Hi, I am Cray a paladin."
The door to the Red Dragon Inn opens, and a tall, thin man enters. As he turns to shut the door he gives a quick whistle and a huge black dog runs into the common room. The beast stands at least three and half feet from floor to the top of its head and with a soild look making it easily over a hundred pounds. The tall man smiles at the dog as it stands in the middle of the room looking around smelling the air. Falling in beside the man as he walks up to the bar, it then jumps up putting its paws on the bar and its head even with its owner who is over six feet tall. "Blue", he says in a backwater country drawal. The great dane drops back to the floor and ducks his huge head in shame. Turning to the bartender he asks, "I'm told be asking for Joe, but by the descript I's givin' you must be he. I'm Jonah..

"Hello Jonah I'm Cray, were all looking for work buddy, well most of us." looking over at Blue, "It's a dog, yes?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Jonah human male (unapproved)

ooc: after I stop laughing maybe i can post (good post hellrazor)

IC: Looking up at the man sitting at the table Jonah's eyes widen as he sees the scar on the mans face. Then noticing the armor and huge sword he becomes alittle more hesitant, Blue notices his masters distress and stands up off his belly alert. "D..dog? Ye meanin' Blue here?" He gives Blue a pat on the head rubbing down behind the dogs ears. "He's me dog yes." Getting confidience from Blue, Jonah seems alittle less frightened and steps up to the table. He looks again at the scar and gives a timid bow to Cray. "Ye spoke of work ma' Lord.", he asks of Cray.

hellrazor111

First Post
ooc: after I stop laughing maybe i can post (good post hellrazor)

IC: Looking up at the man sitting at the table Jonah's eyes widen as he sees the scar on the mans face. Then noticing the armor and huge sword he becomes alittle more hesitant, Blue notices his masters distress and stands up off his belly alert. "D..dog? Ye meanin' Blue here?" He gives Blue a pat on the head rubbing down behind the dogs ears. "He's me dog yes." Getting confidience from Blue, Jonah seems alittle less frightened and steps up to the table. He looks again at the scar and gives a timid bow to Cray. "Ye spoke of work ma' Lord.", he asks of Cray.

"Good, a dog," Cray says with a warm smile "thought you brought a bear in, blind as a blind badger I am, friend, but don't take it as a weakness." Cray laughs as he points at his eyes. "But what I was sayin was that about everyone is looking for works, theres a man named Richard working to pay for some armor, it sounds. But I just got to the city myself, so I'm not sure what goings that are on." He stops to think, "and you don't haves to call me 'Lord', my names just Cray." Cray leans back and takes a drink of his beer.

Remove ads