• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn '08

orsal

LEW Judge
Eusebius wanders over to the bar and orders drinks. He collects a tray and makes his way back to the table. Serving them to those who ordered them, with a smile and a nod, he sits down, drinks deeply from his own tankard, sighs contentedly, then leans forward and says to Razh, "So, friend, when do we set out to reclaim your ancestral home? Was it orcs you said had overrun it? Or something else?"

Nurlan orders a dwarven ale. Eusebius' next comment attracts his attention. "Hmm.. it sounds like you've got quite a story you never talked about in Monemvassia"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Karl Rutherford, rogue 2, awaiting approval
he sounds of a mule braying is heard and then a human voice trying to calm it are heard out side of the door of the Inn. about ten minutes later a human under a heavy burden of a pack saddle and his own equipment shuffles through the door, the sun brightly and cheefully streaming through behind him.

"Hello Joe," he says toward the bar from behind the equipemnt, can i get a room and a bath? been trudging through a swamp."

Joe thumbs toward the sign with the announcing requirment in response.

*siiiigh*

"All right. Karl Rutherfor, explorer!" he then smiles to joe who has the Key in hand to give to Karl as soon as he turns around. The young human grunts as he heads up the stairs.

An Hour later, a refreshnd Karl returns, clean clothing, clean person and a bit happier, Sans equipment load, as he plops dopwn on an empty chair an an empty table. when the waitress arrives he asks for the food for the day and an ale.

Theroc

First Post
Viktor looks about, feeling a bit lost.

"So many people here, and not a lick of adventuring work? Must be a slow spell on adventures..."

Richard Rawen

First Post
Viktor looks about, feeling a bit lost.

"So many people here, and not a lick of adventuring work? Must be a slow spell on adventures..."
Richard grins at the man's comment, "Hadn't you heard? We just got done saving the world from the ultimate menace or some form of dire indigestion or some such!" The big human's grin widens as he leans back in his chair.
"Somethin'll come up," Richard says mildly, draining his stout and waving away an offer for more. "something always comes up."

Scott DeWar

'I, and three others,just got done sabving a swamp from the menace of a wizard trapsing through looking for a shocker lizard . . .that is to say I and others just subdued a shocker lizard so a wizard would not have to get his feet muddy in a swamp. We lost one of our numbers to the lizard. She was brave and corageous. Karl's may name"

H e raises his ale to salute both Richard and Viktor.

" So, Where is a good place to get some armor made? I hear Tarag's is good...where else?"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Nurlan orders a dwarven ale. Eusebius' next comment attracts his attention. "Hmm.. it sounds like you've got quite a story you never talked about in Monemvassia"

Rasereit's normally loud, gruff voice softens just a bit. "Aye, that Ah have. 'Tain't a pleasant one, though. Ye gettin' up, Father E? Ah'll take another. Nah, make it two." He winks, but his mind is elsewhere for a moment.

"So ye want t'hear a tale, eh? Ah'm not much of a taleswapper, so if'n ye go first, Nurlan, an' the good Father comes back wit' some drinks, maybe me fat tongue'll loosen up a bit."

Dire Tadpole

First Post
Julien Zani, Shaper 1

"Like most paladins, one who can ignore the desires of evil. As one of freedom, I do not worry much for order but willing to fight for what is good and free the opressed. And putting evils money to better use."

I see that we are of kindred hearts. Allow me to answer with a toast to the most noble mission of seeking out the evil of the world, so that in the vanquishing of it such forsaken treasure may be seized and redeemed. Thus turning to good use what may have brought oppression and strife to the world.

A tall human wearing a chainshirt enters the tavern. He proudly wears the signs of a cleric of Hyrag. He loudly speaks up: "Greetings Joe... Midias Sunchosen, cleric of Hyrag... A beer, please." Then he looks around and starts his walk to an uncrowded table.

Midias Sunchosen. My name is Julien Zani. What does a cleric Hyrag seek here amongst the unemployed?

Karl Rutherford, rogue 2, awaiting approval
he sounds of a mule braying is heard and then a human voice trying to calm it are heard out side of the door of the Inn. about ten minutes later a human under a heavy burden of a pack saddle and his own equipment shuffles through the door, the sun brightly and cheefully streaming through behind him.

"Hello Joe," he says toward the bar from behind the equipemnt, can i get a room and a bath? been trudging through a swamp."

Joe thumbs toward the sign with the announcing requirment in response.

*siiiigh*

"All right. Karl Rutherfor, explorer!" he then smiles to joe who has the Key in hand to give to Karl as soon as he turns around. The young human grunts as he heads up the stairs.

An Hour later, a refreshnd Karl returns, clean clothing, clean person and a bit happier, Sans equipment load, as he plops dopwn on an empty chair an an empty table. when the waitress arrives he asks for the food for the day and an ale.

'I, and three others,just got done sabving a swamp from the menace of a wizard trapsing through looking for a shocker lizard . . .that is to say I and others just subdued a shocker lizard so a wizard would not have to get his feet muddy in a swamp. We lost one of our numbers to the lizard. She was brave and corageous. Karl's may name"

H e raises his ale to salute both Richard and Viktor.

" So, Where is a good place to get some armor made? I hear Tarag's is good...where else?"

Julien, answers Karl's question, not caring if it had been directed at himself. Karl the Explorer, My name is Julien Zani. I have just established myself here in Orussus. While I spend much of my time loitering here at the Red Dragon in hopes that I may see some new thing. I have also established a shop where sate my desire for the intricate craft. My knowledge lies mostly with the craft of weapons, but my interests vary.

I have not been here long, so I may not have what you desire. But, if it pleases you, tell me of your wish.

Boddynock

First Post
"Ye gettin' up, Father E? Ah'll take another. Nah, make it two."
Father E gets up. He smiles to himself as he goes to the bar, remembering his friend Rurik Axebender, who taught him much about fidelity to one's companions, and about the healthy thirst of dwarves. As he waits for Joe to pour the drinks his hand drops to the chain at his waist. Where is Rurik now?

Picking up a few more tankards he goes back to join his new friends, his own gaze, like Razh's, turned inward. Then he smiles, puts the drinks in front of the warrior and says, "There! You are duly fortified. We look forward to what you wish to share with us.

Scott DeWar

Julien, answers Karl's question, not caring if it had been directed at himself. Karl the Explorer, My name is Julien Zani. I have just established myself here in Orussus. While I spend much of my time loitering here at the Red Dragon in hopes that I may see some new thing. I have also established a shop where sate my desire for the intricate craft. My knowledge lies mostly with the craft of weapons, but my interests vary.

I have not been here long, so I may not have what you desire. But, if it pleases you, tell me of your wish.

"I am thinking some armor. This Tarag has a forge already set up and such. Just wanting to know if there are any other established armorers about of good repute. "

Dire Tadpole

First Post
Julien Zani, Shaper 1

"I am thinking some armor. This Tarag has a forge already set up and such. Just wanting to know if there are any other established armorers about of good repute. "

Reputation must start somewhere. There is a good chance I can help you with what you seek. But, perhaps these here with experience may offer such references as you desire.

Remove ads