• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn 2010-17

Gurdjieff

First Post
He hugs Irene tightly. "So the brass dragon halfling has returned! It is so great to see you again! You know, my new digs in Monemvassia... called Irene's Amphitheatre. We had given you up for lost."

"Hah, you can't get rid of me that easily!" Irene says, slowly loosening her grip on Nurlan.
"And you named an amphitheatre after me? That's so awesome! You'll have to take me there sometime and show me around! I bet when you go there to sing, whole Monemvassia comes to listen, don't they! Yeah, I bet they do."

Finally, she lets go of Nurlan completely. She wipes the tears from her eyes, putting her biggest smile on her face again.

"Now tell me Nurlan, tell me everything! Where did you go? What have you been up to? Did everything go well in Monemvassia? How about all the others, Tenebrynn and Charlarn, Tor and Somac? Eanos here already told me Rinaldo got his shop up and running, that's so cool! Have you written any new songs from your adventures?"

Ximix

First Post
Ximix - Cleric 4th

The Elf sits back in his chair, his slender frame relaxed as the barmaid takes the plate piled with small bones. He sips at the last glass of mead from the pitcher he'd been brought.
A gentle buzz accompanies his full belly and he enjoys watching the interactions of both the Halfling and then the Bard. He had hoped to talk with the Kataran, but missed his chance with the courier mission showing up. The priest couldn't bring himself to jumping at that job, the pay seemed better suited for the less experienced ... though he himself was not so far past the first steps out these very doors.
His gaze travels over the life-sized replica of the dog, musing over the energy/mass manipulation and...
"Who made the dog?" the question slips out into the room before the cleric fully realized he asked... looking about, he hopes to hear an answer.

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Eanos sits back, settling back into his normal, quieter niche, letting Irene and Nurlan catch up without interrupting. Meanwhile, his sharp ears catch another query:

"Who made the dog?" the question slips out into the room before the cleric fully realized he asked... looking about, he hopes to hear an answer.

"Nodis," he says, glancing around to see if he catches sight of the mischief-maker. "He claims it will disappear soon enough."

orsal

LEW Judge
"Now tell me Nurlan, tell me everything! Where did you go? What have you been up to? Did everything go well in Monemvassia? How about all the others, Tenebrynn and Charlarn, Tor and Somac? Eanos here already told me Rinaldo got his shop up and running, that's so cool! Have you written any new songs from your adventures?"

Nurlan pauses, recognizing this is going to be long...

"After you disappeared chasing Jezibel, Tor and I spent some time in Monemvassia waiting to see if you would ever make it back. I had the chance while singing in the pubs around town to make some contacts that have proved quite handy, but we heard no more of you or Jezibel, so we eventually moved on. I then travelled some more around Enworld, Tor took me to meet his family, and the others returned to Orussus. I haven't seen Somac or Charlarn since then, although I did see the others later, when my travels took me back to Orussus.

"In fact, Tenebrynn, Ashnar and Rinaldo were with me in this very hall when I got a message from Monemvassia, hiring me and some comrades of my choosing for a special mission in service of the Royal Family. Imagine that, Nurlan the minstrel from Lhondaio a secret agent of the King of Monemvassia! The King's brother, Duke Antoine, had been assassinated in one of Monemvassia's vassal towns, and they wanted some foreigners to conduct an undercover investigation. So I recruited our old friends, as well as Eanos here, and Mordik, a dwarf we met at the same time, and went undercover. I went as part of my world travels, ever eager to sing in new places, and Mordik became my assistant. The others were strangers to us, traders and lone travellers, so that we would not arouse suspicion."

I'll pause, in case Irene wants to interject something. The narrative will continue.

Gurdjieff

First Post
Irene!

Irene sits quiet, just listening to the marvellous story Nurlan is telling her. Her glass, even though empty, is raised to her mouth, tilted a little, and put back on the table again, followed by a confused look on the halfling's face, yet she stays focussed on the bard.

Do continue!
Hi Velmont!

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Interest check on a quick little adventure that I am researching right now. I think it will be for a party of 4 players (due to 1 NPC) levels 6-8. I know jkason wishes to step out for some fresh air. So really need three more canidates.

Mainly this is to see if any judges want in so I will not be e-mailing them ;)[/sblock]

orsal

LEW Judge
OOC: HolyMan: While he'd deny any interest in a hypothetical adventure, I think Sir Nurlan would probably fall for your adventure hook.

Nurlan continues his tale. "I impressed Balmorrow, the local impresario, enough to get hired on to sing at Three Rings' only theatre. A gold-coloured lute string had been found at the murder scene, so we were wondering if a musician was involved. The lute was Balmorrow's, and we were able to follow the track -- the missing string was stolen by a stagehand, who gave it to his girlfriend, who worked for the mayor and gave her the string. There was also a button found at the scene; Rinaldo noticed it had come from the innkeeper's vest. By a bit of an accident we got the trust of Abraham the innkeeper and Balmorrow. They were onto a secret assassin's network that operated out of Three Rings, trying to uncover it. We figured the clues were planted by their enemies to frame them.

Anyway, after we learned all that, Mordik and I followed the clues to the mayor's office. But she figured us out, ordered us to be locked up."

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Then no e-mail for you LOL, Could you post up a link to your character next time you post. And anyone else who wants in, if your character isn't linked in your signature, please post a quick link. I want to mold my NPC (thinking we need a healer of some sort). [/sblock]

Gurdjieff

First Post
Irene, flabbergasted

[sblock=OOC] Then no e-mail for you LOL, Could you post up a link to your character next time you post. And anyone else who wants in, if your character isn't linked in your signature, please post a quick link. I want to mold my NPC (thinking we need a healer of some sort). [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]http://www.enworld.org/forum/1376623-post71.html for Irene, who's interested (but level 5!).[/sblock]

Remove ads