Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn 2010-17

rubisco

First Post
Petra, Fighter 1

"My pretty hair consents to this arrangement, good sir" Petra says, her hand coming to rest on her rapier's hilt. It was a move intended to bring her comfort, though she easily realized it could be misconstrued as threatening. She continued with a slightly patronizing but mostly assertive tone, "The driver will meet us in the front of Edwyd's Victuals in 45 minutes. We will head north on Merchant Avenue, west on Allimon Street, and north on Thunis Street to arrive at Edwyd's home. The specificity of this route is important, but not as important as the safety of the paying passengers and their precious, probably fragile, cargo. And I want a guarantee that, no matter what, this driver will get us to our destination without fail. Is this understood?" Petra stands stolid, looking the bearded man in the eye, and waiting for his inevitable assent.

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The bearded man adopts a hurt look. "My lady, allow me to express my deepest condolences if I've offended you in any way. Certainly, the cab will get you to your destination promptly. As for safety, well, the driver is no fighting man, but you'll be in the city proper, which is well guarded. I'll just pass your instructions to the driver then."

He grabs a cloak from the pegs by the door, runs out into the rain and holds a hurried conversation with the man in the cab. In short order, the bearded man returns to report: "All set! Pay the man upon arrival, he'll keep track of the distance traveled. Pleasure making your acquaintance." With a reserved nod, he returns to his seat at the bar.

rubisco

First Post
Petra, Fighter 1

"The pleasure is mine," Petra smiles as she spins on her heel to face the entrance to the Inn. She peeks into the previous room, only to find it vacant. She decides she'll wait the rest of the hour at Edwyd's Victuals, finding no interest to lounge in the Inn.

Petra dons her hood, takes a deep breath, and leaves the Inn for Edwyd's store.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The tavern door swings open halfway, and young man is about to enter, when he suddenly stops, turns his nose towards the outside, and walks out of the bar before he quite fully entered.

Patrons enjoying their drinks at first give him no attention, but the swinging of the tavern door wafts a gentle, but powerful, and oh-so-delicious smell into the room. It's the smell of something fresh out of the oven, something with a tender, flaky crust, wonderfully, crispily made, with insides juicy and dripping with... wonderfulness, and... It's the smell of Edwyd Edwyd's nigh divine apple pie.

One red-haired dwarf, slumped over a table, apparently in a drunken stupor, suddenly jerks upright. "If tha's nah' the best thing Ah ever smelt in me 'ole life..." Without another word, he bolts out the tavern.

People stand up from their tables, peering out the window. A small crowd of observers has gathered around a cab just outside of Edwyd's Victuals. Those peering, forgetting their drinks, leave the tavern, murmuring amongst themselves, a half dazed grin on their faces, following the young man, and now the dwarf, to the source of the celestial smell.

The tavern is nearly empty now. Joe just chuckles and continues wiping a glass that never seems to get clean.

Rhydius

First Post
A clean shaven young man with dark, close cropped hair shuffles backward through the tavern door. He turns around looking over the room until his eyes rest on Joe. "You must be Joe," he says smiling faintly, "and that must mean that introductions are in order."

"Call me Rhydius," he announces to the room at large, "I'm a tinker by trade. I can mend most anything, and I specialize in the inner-workings of anything mechanical."

Rhydius walks up to the bar, shrugs off his pack, and leans his walking stick against it. "I'll take an ale if you please."

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
A young human with red hair in a Nordic braid raises his recently refilled tankard.

"Ja! Velcome Herr Ryhdius!!" He is obviously of the northern reaches by his fair skin and accent.

Rhydius

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I'm assuming that Joe hands Rhydius a mug of ale at this point.
I had planned on giving a little time for others to respond, but since it seems this thread has been dormant for a while I suppose I'll just go ahead.
[/sblock]
Rhydius raises his mug in salute, and nods toward the northerner. "Well met northman, and what do folks call you?"

Rhydius

First Post
"Pleased to make your acquaintance, Pendrake," Rhydius says before downing a large portion of his ale. He looks up, one eyebrow raised and remarks, "this ale ain't half bad," his surprised delight clearly showing through his words.

Remove ads