(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Backtrack for some players missing when last I posted...

WizWrm said:
Velbrik, who had been watching the events quietly, turns from his barstool to face the crowd.

"In all honesty, I am very much intrigued by the first job. The Volstein heir seeks his birthright in a tomb inhabited by undead? There's bound to be an interesting story behind that, knowing what little I do of the Volstein family history, and a good deal of excitement besides," Velbrik says, "Which is something I could certainly use after weeks of dusty travel."

Brindle sipped at his Cider, a rue smile upon his face as he listened to Velbrik 'Hullo, aren't you a right brave little Lamb. As I told good Mister Delmontes, though. I might want to pass on this one for the moment, Lad. Let's just say that it might be a bit much right now. Mister Tiggle seems to need some help, though. I'm sure Tiggle's little adventure is roaring with excitement, eh my good Gnome?' Brindle smiles at the Gnome before returning to watch the assembled adventurers from behind his drink.

<Please see OoC thread>

WizWrm

First Post
Brindle sipped at his Cider, a rue smile upon his face as he listened to Velbrik 'Hullo, aren't you a right brave little Lamb. As I told good Mister Delmontes, though. I might want to pass on this one for the moment, Lad. Let's just say that it might be a bit much right now. Mister Tiggle seems to need some help, though. I'm sure Tiggle's little adventure is roaring with excitement, eh my good Gnome?' Brindle smiles at the Gnome before returning to watch the assembled adventurers from behind his drink.

Velbrik looks in annoyance at Brindle, "Yes, and as I told good Mister Delmontes, I have decided on the third job as my first priority should he need my assistance, since I had previously agreed to work with him. Since it looks like his group's numbers are dwindling right now, it does appear as though that will be my obligation, now, doesn't it? There's a good fellow."

He mutters to himself, "Something you might have picked up on yourself if you hadn't been filling yourself with mead."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Troi shakes his head. "What the hell is with these people, callin' me 'mister' and 'sir'?" He says, to no one in particular. "Makin' me feel old... I'd like to think I'm on a first name basis with people, here, y'know?"

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
WhatKu said:
"Sturm, If we cant wrangle up enough people to kill some undead, we should go along with that Halfling i think. As my Uncle Faust always said "Best to go along with a minor job to make sure you have enough to take the bigger one. Sometimes even Fools Luck cant save ya me boy"."

"Well, I'd certainly be up for some undead bashin'....but I suppose I can't complain about a bit o' easy money before we tackle the hard stuff. Ye can count on me t' watch yer back while we handle Tiggle's errands for him. Mebbe when we're done the undead will still be there. Not like they're 'bout to up and die on us, eh?"

Zumar laughs to himself, amused at his own wit.

Last edited:

Smiling from his table near the back, Telerin calls out, "But you are old, Sir Troi! Didn't you know that already?"

Whitefang made a subdued howl of agreement and Telerin patted the wolf's head before making himself comfortable and closing his eyes a moment. He was going to have to get up soon...he was finding himself in need of some form of a drink.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Telerin
"But you are old, Sir Troi! Didn't you know that already?"

"Hey!" Troi calls, turning to look at Telerin. "None a that! Unless you decide to come along, ya can't say things like that." He smiles at Telerin.

Troi
"Hey!" Troi calls, turning to look at Telerin. "None a that! Unless you decide to come along, ya can't say things like that." He smiles at Telerin.

"Fine, fine," Telerin says with a smile still on his face, eventually opening his eyes again, "I'll wait until you get back. Then I'll check how many grey hair's you've gotten. How's that sound, Sir Troi?"

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Telerin
"Fine, fine, I'll wait until you get back. Then I'll check how many grey hair's you've gotten. How's that sound, Sir Troi?"

"Alright, fine," Troi says. "Be that way." He sticks his tongue out in Telerin's direction, then turns to face the other way.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
My character

Enter Silver Cat...

The Doors open once more, this time for a figure wrapped ingrey cloak and hood, his features obscured by his dress.
Whipping off the travel-stained cloak, the newcomer reveals himself to be an Elf though a strange looking one to be sure.
Shimmering silver hair cut just below his neck hangs in his face that set with an aqualine nose and thin pursed lips. A rather haggard expression seems to be set upon the Elf's face, weariness from the road perhaps? Perhaps something deeper.
Eyes the color of pale Amber peer here and there within the Inn, looking for signs of the rowdiness that the newcomer is used to, the deadliness of such a place where he came from. Back in Rivenblight, the word 'tavern' was often a synonym for 'battleground'. 'We shall meet at the Green Griffon at the third hour after noon, bring your Second and your kin, for they shall bear you home upon a funeral beir...' Yes, tavern, Silver Cat mused, whata quaint place this is.

His hands relaxing, edging away from the matching hilts of his Rapier and Poignard, the Elf spoke up in a clear voice 'I am known as Silver Cat, and I guess that 'Adventurer' will do for my profession. I am adept at entering places guarded and locked as well as handling my blades, as is common for one from my home, Rivenblight.'

A few whispers follow this statement, as Rivenblight was a dangerous place indeed, somewhere that no sane person went.
Adveturers true, but the place was rife with the remnants of Elven Civil War, though it was calm these days, and had been for the past decade.

Silver Cat steps to the bar and asks the gnome there for whatever local beer is to be had, and a shot of whiskey, dwarven if possible, while depositing his pack next to the stool where he takes a much needed rest.

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Troi raises his hand in his traditional greeting to the newcomer.

"Hey there, Silver Cat." He says, nodding. "I'm Troi Delmontes, a student of monsters. Rivenblight... that's not a nice place at all. I personally come from Lathirn, so I kinda have an idea a where you're comin' from."

"So what brings ya here?" Troi asks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads