• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn I

Status
Not open for further replies.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Velbrik
"If you don't mind, I'll wait a bit to see what the turn-out is for your notice on the third job, though considering prior obligations, I will let your offer take priority for now."

"That's fine by me." Troi says. "You're not under obligation or somethin' to come with us, so it's no big deal."

Telerin
"I almost hate to say it, good sir, but I think you can count me out for tommorrow. I think I'd prefer to rest and be lazy for a little while longer, but I wish you good luck, and if you do travel into my forests...I suggest watching yourself. It can be dangerous at times."

Troi nods. "That's okay with me, I suppose... though I'm kinda disappointed that you're not comin'. But hey, to each his own, man... I'm fine with that."

He then heads over to his notice, and holds it against the wall. He plucks the dagger out of it, and proceeds to make some modifications to the notice. He then takes an inkpen forth from a pocket, and adds some writing. Once done, he replaces the dagger, then returns to his seat.

THE VINYARD JOB TAKEN

By Troi Delmontes, and the following:

Zoe Clearwater
<////////////////>
Rinaldo di Senzio
Felixandryr Tharvishan
Thurgan Hammer
Velbrik
Grak Shieldsmasher

If you don't want to come along, see Troi.

Spellcasters - if you're interested in coming along and you're not on this list, see Troi.

Meet here at the Red Dragon Inn, tomorrow, at dawn.

"Hmm..." Troi muses. "Only seven left, and maybe only six if Velbrik decides ta take off. Dunno if I like that number..." He shrugs. "Especially without another spellcaster. If Velbrik leaves, we're down to just Felix... we really should have another."

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Quoth Torindel:
"What about you two, Khaz and Sturm you gonna come along for the fun ? I know we could use a hand, never know who or what you'll see on the roads and I know I could use the Laughing Warrior's blessing... I've called for his aid on more than one ocassion where I had gotten into a little more than I could handle." [/B] [/B]

" 'Pick up job'? Oh for shore, and after that let's take the floor-sweepin' job, and the knittin' job, and then maychance we'll 'ave got the grit and experience to take on the lofty ole wetnurse job."

Sturm chuckles scoffingly.

"Come on now, don't the undea' job seem a slight one more excitin'? I've never got to kill no one's already been dead before, ain't never seen so much as a ghost in my time, and ain't that a thing t' cry over? Unless'n you count me ole gret-granna, who's been mistook more'n once for somethin' out the grave by some passin' wag w'out no knowing which way was what."

A sip of the drink.

"All 'at I'm saying is, sounds like a rowdy good time."

Jade Solstar

First Post
Cocking his eyebrow slightly Torindel grins a sly grin at Sturm and says with a slight chuckle "Now don't get me wrong ol' friend I do want to go traipsin about after the undead critters myself. But I was figuring that by the time we finished pickin up this shipment for Tiggle we would be ripe to be cleaning up after the undead and whomever else may have fallen there between now and then... I wouldn't want to be fightin off ghosts and ghouls right yet. Think of the bartab you'll get for taggin along to lend us your skilled hand."

[OOC-Those going after Tiggle's shipment right now are Milo & Torindel...don't think I missed anyone!]

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"So, Zoe," Troi says, taking a seat next to her, "whaddya think? Do ya wanna come with on that job I signed ya up for?"

Dungannon

First Post
Once more the main door to the inn opens, this time admitting a rather ordinary looking man. Clad in leather, armed with a rapier on his hip and a light crossbow over his shoulder, the newcomer unshoulders his pack and makes his way to the bar.

"Hey Joe, Tiggle, and the rest of the fine patrons of the Red Dragon Inn, my name is Devlin and I'm a collector."

After the introduction, Devlin takes an empty stool at the bar, stows his pack at his feet, pulls out a gold piece, and motions Tiggle over. "My good bargnome, I'd like some of your fine spiced cider and room where I can store my belongings and change into something a little more comfortable."

Thels

First Post
Brindle
The doors of the red Dragon open, letting in the 'fresh' smell of the City, and something else .

A figure, thin to the point of emaciation, taller than most men and dressed all in greys and blacks, the man stepped smoothly and with purpose into the commons of the Inn. A sweep of his hand removed the tall top-hat that he wore, a tattered Griffon feather adorning it's band, a single pale Opal set in silver pin holding the feather in place. Greasy and lank hair hung from his pate, ofset by eyes of a brilliant green, keen and aware. Despite his disheaveled state, his teeth were pearly white and his gait strong and sure.

'Brindle...' muttered a Dwarf into his cups, a word repeated by several of those in the room.
The man, for his part, smiled a rictus grin more at home on a corpse and said in an all-too-strong-voice 'Brindle at your service, Lords and Ladies...and what a delicious new lot I see before me.'

Zoe is watching the commition from the distance of her chair, while she occasionally takes a sip from her 'Lazy Day'. A shiver runs over Zoe's back once she notices Brindle in the inn. Brindle! She frowns as she sees Troi messing with one of the parchments he just hung up. I hope Troi knows what he's doing.

Troi
"So, Zoe," Troi says, taking a seat next to her, "whaddya think? Do ya wanna come with on that job I signed ya up for?"

Zoe moves closer to Troi in order to lower her voice. "Well, I don't know. Are you familiar with this Brindle guy? I Can't place it, but there's just something about that fellow that gives me the creeps." Zoe pauses for a moment to look at Brindle, making sure he's not paying specific attention to them. "I've heard stories about young people taking on missions provided by him. Most never returned. Are you sure this mission's going to be all right?" Zoe looks a little spooked.

"Oh, and before I forget," Zoe adds, on her regular tone, "if you changed your mind about taking this Rinaldo guy along, we should better do something about his manners on the trip. It's not proper not to introduce yourself, even after a lady asked your name... twice."

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Thels said:
"Oh, and before I forget," Zoe adds, on her regular tone, "if you changed your mind about taking this Rinaldo guy along, we should better do something about his manners on the trip. It's not proper not to introduce yourself, even after a lady asked your name... twice."

When Zoe looks back at Rinaldo, she can see his surprise face.

"Oh my! You said you ask twice? I am sorry I didn't answer. It happens some times I talk a bit too much and I concentrate on one person my discussion, it is an habit I have when I trade. I'm sorry if I offend you.

I will present my self to you properly, even it is a bit late, because it is never too late to do well.

My name is Rinaldo di Senzio, and my profession is spice merchant, but it is not my only talent. And now, to at least start to correct my fault, I will offer you a glass of the finest wine of this establishment, which I have no doubt will be one of the best of the region, I hope it will at least stop the insult here. Tiggle, please, can you give this lady her glass of wine."

Last edited:

WhatKu

First Post
"Sturm, If we cant wrangle up enough people to kill some undead, we should go along with that Halfling i think. As my Uncle Faust always said "Best to go along with a minor job to make sure you have enough to take the bigger one. Sometimes even Fools Luck cant save ya me boy"."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Zoe
"Well, I don't know. Are you familiar with this Brindle guy? I Can't place it, but there's just something about that fellow that gives me the creeps. I've heard stories about young people taking on missions provided by him. Most never returned. Are you sure this mission's going to be all right?"

"Trust me, it'll be fine." Troi replies quietly. "I know he doesn't look honest, but... I don't think he would honestly hand out somethin' that would outright kill us, y'know? As long as we don't ask for it. So as long as we're careful and whatnot, we should be fine... I've dealt with far worse than 'im, that's for sure..." He lightly rubs his left shoulder as he speaks.

"Oh, and before I forget, if you changed your mind about taking this Rinaldo guy along, we should better do something about his manners on the trip. It's not proper not to introduce yourself, even after a lady asked your name... twice."

Rinaldo
"...My name is Rinaldo di Senzio..."

Troi nods, then looks to Zoe. "See, there ya go. This place is crowded, y'know, so ya might wanna speak up..." He smiles lightly at her. "Not sayin' you weren't, or nothin', but... yeah, y'know what I mean."

Creamsteak

Explorer
Joe, while wondering around the bar, starts to look for something. He grabs a small piece of paper, silently walks out from behind the bar, goes to the bulletin board and posts the following,

Looking for a Tracker. Searching for Artifacts in the Dwemer ruins. Have encountered small Dwarven Golems. Mostly shaped like spiders and insects, but there may be worse. My servant has delivered this advertisement to the Red Dragon in hopes that someone will take up the work. It could be dangerous, many a golem has been enchanted. My assistant will be waiting for anyone wishing to hire on for my expedition in Allimon with an initial starting payment of 10 gold pieces. Further payment will be provided when the job is done, payment subject to the difficulty of the task.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads