(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Other Guy

First Post
“Ah, don’t feel too bad about it, Mintrik,” Loskrad says to the newcomer, “trust me, you wouldn’t have like him anyway. Unfortunately, it appears as if there is no work available at the moment, though that will probably change soon enough.

“So, you’re a wizard?” the young man smiles, taking an immediate interest in Mintrik, “please tell me more about yourself. Where did you study, what sorts of spells do you know?”

Da Stick

First Post
An Elf wearing a green leather enters the inn. He has long balck hair hanging in front of his eyes, and when you look closer you'll notice that this elf has red eyes. He carries a longbow on his back and has a quaterstaff in his hand. He walks to the bartender and ask.

"I would like a glas of milk."
"Do you know if there's work around here?"

And sat himself at the bar.

silentspace

First Post
Other Guy said:
“Ah, don’t feel too bad about it, Mintrik,” Loskrad says to the newcomer, “trust me, you wouldn’t have like him anyway. Unfortunately, it appears as if there is no work available at the moment, though that will probably change soon enough.

“So, you’re a wizard?” the young man smiles, taking an immediate interest in Mintrik, “please tell me more about yourself. Where did you study, what sorts of spells do you know?”

Mintrik nods at Loskrad and picks himself up off the floor and dusts himself off. "Yes, I believe you are right. I wouldn't have like him anyway."

"Yes, I'm a wizard. I always knew you had to be pretty optimistic to be a wizard, we tend to die early in our careers, as I'm sure you know. But I never expected to hear another wizard say they didn't want wizards!"

"I studied right here in Orussus. As to what kind of spells, I don't specialize in any one school, I like to be able to access the full range of magic, if I need to. I have a focus on the enchantment school, though."

"What about you, Loskrad? From that big sword you're carrying, I'd guess you were a fighter. But you never know, eh?"

Other Guy

First Post
Loskrad smiles and replies, “indeed, I am a warrior, as are all wizards of my Academy.” His eyes fill with pride for a moment as he thinks of his homeland, “though—truth be told—I am not yet a wizard. I hope to fix that and prove my worth to my superiors through adventuring.

“Unfortunately, there seems to be a general lack of adventure going on at the moment. But when an opportunity presents itself, I will offer you my company. Perhaps I can help you avoid that awful tendency of young wizards.”

Da Stick

First Post
Because the bartender doesn't give an answer, he walks to two men who are talking together one with sillver hair the other with black. And says:

"Hello I'm Kataki. Do you maybe know if there are any adventures around here, or perhaps some work?"

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Da Stick said:
Because the bartender doesn't give an answer, he walks to two men who are talking together one with sillver hair the other with black. And says:

"Hello I'm Kataki. Do you maybe know if there are any adventures around here, or perhaps some work?"
From her tall seat at one of the tables a gnomish woman puts in "Its a little bit boring here at the moment, but I imagine things will pick up. Its traditional, by the way, that you introduce yourself to the bar as a whole." She is dressed very casually compared to the rest of the inn - no weapons or armor and clothes unsuited for traveling. A riding dog at her feet is unsaddled and looks eagerly at Kataki as if expecting a pat.

Pbartender

First Post
With a muffled thump and a puff of sulfurous smoke, an apparently disgruntled halfling appears in middle of the tavern. Without pause, he takes up a tirade that had undoubtedly been interrupted by whatever arcane phenomenon deposited him so unceremoniously in the center of the Red Dragon. As he stomps toward the bar for a drink, he grumblingly mutters something about wizards, their proper places within the less reputable of the Outer Planes, their likely filial relations with the denizens of said Planes, and the undoubted illegitimacies of the aforementioned ancestry.

Aside from the clothes on his back, and a short sword strapped to his side, he seems to be rather lacking in the department of worldy possessions.

Reaching the bar, he hops up on a stool, quaffs the contents of a random bottle placed in front of him, and calms down enough to sigh in relief, "Aye! Did I need that..."

He turns to the crowd for the customary greeting, "Halloo, Mates! I'm Jack, and I need another drink..."

He turns back to the bar, looking for another bottle.

Last edited:

Da Stick

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
From her tall seat at one of the tables a gnomish woman puts in "Its a little bit boring here at the moment, but I imagine things will pick up. Its traditional, by the way, that you introduce yourself to the bar as a whole." She is dressed very casually compared to the rest of the inn - no weapons or armor and clothes unsuited for traveling. A riding dog at her feet is unsaddled and looks eagerly at Kataki as if expecting a pat.

Kataki looks at the woman and says to her: "I'm sorry, I didn't know that."
then he raised his head and said to the rest of the inn: "Hello mates, My name is Kataki".

silentspace

First Post
Other Guy said:
Loskrad smiles and replies, “indeed, I am a warrior, as are all wizards of my Academy.” His eyes fill with pride for a moment as he thinks of his homeland, “though—truth be told—I am not yet a wizard. I hope to fix that and prove my worth to my superiors through adventuring.

“Unfortunately, there seems to be a general lack of adventure going on at the moment. But when an opportunity presents itself, I will offer you my company. Perhaps I can help you avoid that awful tendency of young wizards.”

"Aye, that's a good deal if I ever heard of one!" Mintrik toasts Loskrad "To adventure!"

DM-Rocco

Explorer
A lone figure dressed in simple sweeping robes casually walked through the doors of the Red Dragon Inn. He paused a moment to survey the Inn, making a mental note of who was were and prejudging them as they surely would do to him.

His eyes slowly landed on the familiar figure of Joe, to whom he gave a slight nod, and then he quietly retreated to the far side of the bar, to sit in the corner, by the hearth. Those who looked could see his jet black skin pull the cowl of his hood tighter around his head. His features head tight and gaunt yet well proportioned for a man of over six feet.

Those with sharp eyes could make out thick locks of whitish silver hair framing a serious face. He had the appearance of a Drow, an elf of the underdark, but his height told the truth of his heritage, for Drow commonly never get above 5'6", but that never stopped others from thinking him part of that evil race.

Those with Keener eyes can actually see further into his hooded face and catch the hint of human ears. Those that sit down and buy him a drink get to know a bit more. He introduces himself as a cleric of no God, a man of faith in things that give him power. His family was cursed, or some would say blessed, to have the features of the vial Drow, but after taking some time to converse with Calamar the Dark, you get the sense that his motivations in life are Lawful and Good.

His family comes from a long line of Mystic Thurges and he is making it known, to those who ask, that he is seeking to make his mark upon the world as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads