(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Otu

First Post
"Guess that means that two can still go through. I know I want to go through now."

Semabin also walks to the portal and steps through.

Gooch

Explorer
Halydin's actions

Somewhere between the boisterous song and the loud and ale fueled laughter a slight man in a long green and brown riding cloak enters the warm smoke filled bar. With a quick flip of his hand the hood of the cloak falls back and reveals the man is actually a half-elf...but he is unlike any half-elf ever seen by most of the bar patrons.

His brown hair is cut severely, bald on the sides and clipped to a near flat-top on his crown. Strange other-wordly, possibly fey scribed tattoos adorn the sides of his head wrap down his neck eventually shift and turn down his arms and hands. He is adorned in some strange textured leather armor and wears a bastard sword and a short sword on his side. A long bow is slung across his back.

His movements are tentative but made with the smooth haste accustom to those familiar with forest dwellers. He steadies himself momentarily and then remembers his druid mentor had directed him to carry out the required custom that came with entering this place.

Halydin warily approaches the barkeep and with a hushed voice speaks, “Hail barkeep. I’m Halydin Stormshadow, one of the protectors of the great forest south of here, my master had bid me to offer my respects.”

The half-elf cautiously slides a silver piece across the bar top and motions for Joe to provide him with a tankard of house ale.

Steadfast

First Post
Halydin notices a man with a pole-arm disappearing through a portal of some kind. Standing next to the portal is a boisterous looking dwarf.

Gooch

Explorer
Halydin's actions

Halydin catches the eye of the stout dwarf standing before the shimmering portal and remembers his master had told him to look for the standard bearer of Gerndath. Ignoring the freshly drawn ale before him Halydin rises to his feet.

"Friend Dwarf. My master had directed me to find you."

Halydin swiftly crosses the few feet between himself and Rogar. The Dwarf nods knowingly as Halydin follows him through the glowing portal.

TheNovak

First Post
Gooch said:
Halydin catches the eye of the stout dwarf standing before the shimmering portal and remembers his master had told him to look for the standard bearer of Gerndath. Ignoring the freshly drawn ale before him Halydin rises to his feet.

"Friend Dwarf. My master had directed me to find you."

Halydin swiftly crosses the few feet between himself and Rogar. The Dwarf nods knowingly as Halydin follows him through the glowing portal.

Rogar's thick eyebrows arch upwards a bit in suprise, but he nods after a moment. "Ye'd be the ranger, then. Aye, yer master told me about ye as I passed through his woods, and 'twas an honor tae be meetin' so fine a man as hisself. Well, if ye can keep yer elfness to yerself, ye're welcome along, lad. Jus' pretend ye're a tall dwarf. Can't go wrong with that!"

Other Guy

First Post
Loskrad looks at the portal, counts in his head, and speaks to those left in the room, “Well, then, I suppose that makes five. It’s best they jumped in before me and before allowing their minds to process thought, I probably would have just slapped the wizard had I entered.” He yawns and leans back on his chair.

“Master Joe, how long does it generally seem to take before legitimate offers are proposed? Are there any right now that I don’t know about? I would be quite happy to help anyone in need who isn’t as full of himself as that man.”

TheNovak

First Post
Realizing that he still hasn' stepped through, Rogar does so, albeit hesitantly. Cautiously putting his left foot through the magic doorway and slowly shifting his weight forward, the dwarf suddenly overbalances and tumbles headlong through the doorway.

Emiricol

Adriev, finishing his song, glances around and shrugs. "Ah well. Anyone with that much magic hardly needs a scout like me, even with my wonderful singing voice," he laughs. "Ooh! Ale!" Adriev happily begins sipping the free ale. This singing thing is everything I'd hoped! Free drinks and great at parties!

silentspace

First Post
A very thin human male wearing gray robes enters the inn. He has silver hair, olive skin, and light grey eyes. He carries a light crossbow and a club slung over his shoulders. Seeing the bartender, he speaks.

"You must be Joe." Turning to the room, he continues "I am Mintrik, a wizard. I'm looking for work. Anyone know of any?"

Mintrik's eyes are drawn to the glowing portal. Some of the other patrons explain what is happening, and Mintriks studies the portal for a second thinking.

He said he has no need for spellcasters, but I'm hungry for work. I have courage and discretion, that is for sure. The only thing that would seem to disqualify me for this mission is my being an arcanist. Well, I know I can contribute, if he will let me. I might as well try.

Mintrik steps through the portal.

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
silentspace said:
A very thin human male wearing gray robes enters the inn. He has silver hair, olive skin, and light grey eyes. He carries a light crossbow and a club slung over his shoulders. Seeing the bartender, he speaks.

"You must be Joe." Turning to the room, he continues "I am Mintrik, a wizard. I'm looking for work. Anyone know of any?"

Mintrik's eyes are drawn to the glowing portal. Some of the other patrons explain what is happening, and Mintriks studies the portal for a second thinking.

He said he has no need for spellcasters, but I'm hungry for work. I have courage and discretion, that is for sure. The only thing that would seem to disqualify me for this mission is my being an arcanist. Well, I know I can contribute, if he will let me. I might as well try.

Mintrik steps through the portal.

Sadly, the portal closes as Mintrik is stepping forward. he is belatedly informed that the wizard hadrequested no more than 5 applicants.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads