• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"I am quite fascinated at the possibilities of a moving house," Kazanto replied. "Please, I would be most interested in investigating. Are you sure it wasn't claimed by a rogue hermit crab?"

jkason

First Post
[sblock=HM]
Did InVinoVeritas say he wished to join the game?

I am assuming that is the 1st lvl divine caster you speak of. I hope he has time to join in.

That's whom I meant, yeah. He had her comment on the situation, and since that made her active in the inn, I just sort of assumed. Though your summons seems to have confirmed it.

And thanks for all the summoning legwork, BTW. Still gotta spread XP or I'd have given you some for that one. :) [/sblock]

"I am quite fascinated at the possibilities of a moving house," Kazanto replied. "Please, I would be most interested in investigating. Are you sure it wasn't claimed by a rogue hermit crab?"

Ryall is once again distracted by the mermaid. He starts to dismiss the idea, then stops and asks her, in all sincerity and awe, "Do they grow as big as a house in the mer ... land?"

jbear

First Post
Relic calls over the buxom Trixie, struggling to keep eye contact and with a friendly slap on Dane's shoulder and a grin as wide as a cat who'd just eaten a mouse begins:

My good friend here has offered to buy me the Adventurer's special! With a little extra rat, if you don't mind, love. It's been all mushroom, bugs and bark the last few weeks. Since he's paying get him a little something for himself to cheer him up!

Relic rubs his hands with glee.

Ah, this is the life! Oh, Dane, how rude of me. I forgot my fancy adventuring type manners. It's been a while since anyone has even called me a fancy adventuring type. I'm quite flattered. But I forget myself again. What was I saying ...?
Relic stares off into space for a moment.

Oh yes, that's it...

Relic stretches his hand out towards the man.

You can call me Nevyn.

OOC: How do you get the ooc highlighter around your ooc speech? I was wondering what divine character you were talking about as well. Kazanto is a Summoner by the looks, so as it stands, 3 wizards! Hehehe ... maybe I should change my character? I'm not really sure how things work with 3 wizards (usually cannon fodder til about lvl 5, at least in 3.5).

GlassEye

Adventurer
jbear,
type: [OOC]whatever you want here[/OOC] to get the following:
OOC: whatever you want here

use: [sblock=OOC]again, whatever you want[/sblock] to get:
[sblock=OOC]again, whatever you want[/sblock]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
OOC: How do you get the ooc highlighter around your ooc speech? I was wondering what divine character you were talking about as well. Kazanto is a Summoner by the looks, so as it stands, 3 wizards! Hehehe ... maybe I should change my character? I'm not really sure how things work with 3 wizards (usually cannon fodder til about lvl 5, at least in 3.5).

[sblock=ooc]
Kazanto is an oracle.
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Kazanto is an oracle.
[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Yeah, sorry. Someone pointed that out in the character submissions thread. There is a merfolk summoner awaiting approval and I thought that may have been you. Anyway, the Oracle class looks really cool. So when I get to lvl 2 I think I'll be picking up an official curse myself. Pretty amazing being able to use those orisons endlessly as well. Or is there an imposed limit on how many you can do? So we have a healer, two scrawny mages ... just need someone big and dumb to stand behind![/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Kazanto nods. "It is quite possible, and the shells are best avoided, whether filled by snail or crab."

"Well, no wonder you left yer home, then," Ryall says, clearly frightened at the prospect of wandering giant snails and crabs. "If you grew up a place like that, maybe you're all the muscle we need. Did ya have to fight that kind off a lot?"

Relic stretches his hand out towards the man.

You can call me Nevyn.

Ryall takes the hand, and his nervousness seems to melt a bit as one of the adventurers introduces himself.

"Well met, Nevyn," he says, still a bit guarded. He glances to the other two who have engaged him and gives a vaguely hopeful smile as he raises an eyebrow.

Qik

First Post
"An' it's Dane, not Dale, though don't suppose important folk are like to ever remember it," he says sadly.
Setting a hand on the beleaguered man's shoulder, Quioan replied, "My apologies, friend Dane - I have been traveling for many weeks to reach the city of Venza, and I fear the fatigue has not yet fully lifted. As such, I'm still working to lift the fog from my mind." Offering his hand to the man, the elf introduced himself. "My name is Quioan Scorchsong - feel free to make a mistake or two with it, as it's only fair," he adds, with a ghost of a smile.

Quioan's smile widens at this comment by the merfolk. "While not entirely out of the question - as I'm new to Venza, I can't vouch from experience on the kinds of creatures it harbors - it is unlikely that the house was moved by such means. We don't get many such creatures here on land."

Seating himself at the table with Dane and Relic, Quioan turns to the old man. "So, if I may ask, just what sort of tricks do you have up your sleeve?" Smiling slightly, he adds, "...old dog."

jkason

First Post
"My name is Quioan Scorchsong - feel free to make a mistake or two with it, as it's only fair," he adds, with a ghost of a smile.

Ryall seems to be warming up again with the introductions. "Nice ta meet ya."

Quioan's smile widens at this comment by the merfolk. "While not entirely out of the question - as I'm new to Venza, I can't vouch from experience on the kinds of creatures it harbors - it is unlikely that the house was moved by such means. We don't get many such creatures here on land."

"I heard tell someone saw a frog big as a person out in the marshlands," Ryall offers, then he chuckles and waves his hand dismissively, "But I'm pretty sure that was just old Fitzwallace having one too many ales."

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads