[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

soulnova

Explorer
Galandra waves at Menik. "Just gone shopping... nothing else happened really. Waiting for a new job I guess."

The ranger nods at Maui. "Oh, but Mika is bigger now. Is not that heavy see? Is nothing more like a backpack to me. And check this out." Galandra motions Mika to come closer to open one of the saddlebags. "A bear trap" Galandra shows the trap with strange glee and pride. "My Old Man taught me how to use them when we'd hunt... Well, let's just say that if I have time to set them, some poor sod is not going to move from that spot."

She glances up to see what they others have to say about her idea when...

========

At that moment, Damaris enters the tavern humming a song wearing a shiny new Mithril chainshirt. She doesn't really pay much attention to the people around even if the place is crowed. She almost waltz to the bar and rises a hand. "Gimme a glass of your best wine!" she says on a cheery tone.

=======

Galandra's eyes widen. For a couple of seconds while the Bard is being served her wine, the Ranger is left speechless as she just saw a ghost.

"Damaris?" she calls in disbelief.

The girls almost chokes on her wine, recognizing immediately the voice behind her. "(ohshit), *cough*, Galandra? "

"Damaris!" Galandra almost leaps to her side. "Are you alright!?"

"Hehehe! My, my, nice to see you too!" Damaris looks nervously at the sides while Galandra gives her a bear hug. "By the goddess! Have you gotten stronger... my ribs, you are crushing-"

"Oh sorry! Mom was worrying sick about you and the Old Man asked me to look out for you! I was starting to think you...-" Galandra steps back a little to let her breath and takes a good look at Damaris, her smile slowly disappearing "...uh...Where did you get that armor?"

"Well, of course I bought it, you silly. Doesn't look amazingly shiny?" Damaris giggles and rolls her eyes as it was obvious.

"But... You don't need this kind of- (is that magical?) Why do you need magical armor if you sing?" something is not adding up for Galandra.

"Oh... about that. *Ehem*, let's say I've been a source of great courage and motivation for my companions." Damaris looks up to Galandra, but she's still not following. The bard sighs. "Galandra, I've been taking some good jobs here in the tavern. I got like, lot's of money, this ring and-"

"YOU WHAT!?"

Mika is startled by the sudden outburst of her human and hides below a table where Amien and the others are.

"What the hell-?" Damaris is also taken back by her sister's reaction.

"How do you even think....!? Have you lost your mind!? You can't take these jobs!"

"Excuse ME!?"

"They'll kill you!"

"I have been quite good on this so far, barely a scratch on me! Thank you very much for the vote of confidence, sis!"

"Damaris, I have gotten bloodied, cut, shot at and I almost died once already. One thing goes wrong and you could die on one blow!... I mean... you are-"

"Oh, come on, say it! Please! Weak? Frail? Is that is? I can punch as good as anyone! I had hurt myself more doing needlework! Maybe I'm better than you after all, HELL, I was ALWAYS a better shooter than you, but noooooo... Dad had to pick you to be his precious little hunter"

Galandra suddenly seems to realize something. "What are you talking about? You, you had all the boys drooling for you, everyone loved you. I thought you left because-, because you didn't want to settle down on Whiteoak."

"Truth is always more complicated than, I have come to find! You would surely become the best hunter in town and then, what about me!? Sure, I could make them do whatever I wanted (oh you both know I could!), but how would that speak about me!? There was nothing for me back there!"

Galandra tries hard to calm herself and keep her cool. "You don't need to take this jobs to prove anything. Damaris, please.... They are too dangerous. I'm sure you could find-"

"Well, it seems I still have to prove something to you anyway! I'm quite capable of looking after myself. Thanks for the chat!" Damaris grabs her wine of glass and turns away to the back of the tavern.

"UGH! DAMARIS!" Galandra throws her arms in the air giving up. She knows Damaris' common sense is not exactly her strong. She comes back to the table, her mind racing. She should have suggested to go together... but no, Damaris was going to want to keep her distance now for only the gods knew how long. It wasn't like she could just stalk her with Mika through her jobs. She would eventually find out and the shitstorm would be apocalyptic on proportions.

She finally looked up to the rest. "I'm.... sorry you had to see that. I just..."

"Amien... I need to ask you a huge favor. You have all the right to say no and I would understand, really. Would you... would you please keep an eye on her for me? I fear she's going to get a big job out of spite and I simply can't be there to make sure she doesn't get killed. We have taken these jobs and I know you are someone I can rely on when things get ugly on a fight... if this is too much, again, I understand"

Systole

First Post
Daylily_150.jpg

Seeing Kailinn come through the door, Daylily picks up the remaining two bottles of rotgut, rises from his barstool, and heads over to her. In a straight line. Knocking over tables, chairs, and the occasional customer who isn't fast enough to get out of the way. "Oyeh, Darkchild! I was wanting to say, you should not feel so bads for trying to make stab Arrdara because of the bad mind magics. I almost kill Elder Storyteller one time for same reasons." He shakes his head. "It was much not good, so I promise, I make the mind strong, like the muscle. And get magic for nice hat. That is small help." He points to his back, where he usually wears a wolfskin cloak, but it appears to be missing. He looks around in drunken confusion for a moment. "Oh, I was forgetting. Fats merchants is making more magic to it right now. I trade them the yellows metal for it. Hur hur hur." He tilts his head back and drains another half bottle of the potent spirits.

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra looks up hasitly as the two sisters start fighting, but thankfuly Daylily's timley arrival pushed it from his mind quickly. However, the solider keeps a steady eye on the pair of them for the next few minutes.

Laughing at the drunken elf's debauchery, Aradra says "Arrdara agrees whole heartily with that statement. Let me buy you another one of those Daylily. It's the least I can do as thanks for saving our asses more than once."

WindCrystal

First Post
Amien feels relieved now that he has no reason to be paranoid. Finding a new seat now he kicks back and relaxes with the remaining mead he has, starting to think contemplatively... Maybe he should become a lumberjack someday.. Naaaaah.

Suddenly he hears his name again, and he stumbles back into social composure in lieu of the request. "Huh? Who? Oh, uh what is this big job you say somebody is going on?", he asks in interest of possibly getting himself into something rather rewarding through this request.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

The mountain princess looks at Daylily for a moment, surprise writ plain on her face. She turns back to Aradra and nods. "Very well, my friend. My thanks for your gracious forgiveness. Now, I think I'll take Master Elf's sage advice and go find something to help ensure my mind is not taken from me again." She catches an incoming shot of whiskey from Marla's tray, downs it in a smooth gulp and places it back on the tray. As she turns to leave, she flips a gold piece neatly into the empty glass. "See you boys again in a bit; I've some shopping to do."
[/section]

Current Block
Initiative: +03
AC: 25 (12 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
HP: 139/139
CMB: +14 CMD: 26
Fort: +13 Reflex: +09 Will: +09

Standard Block
AC: 27 (14 Touch, 24 Flat-Footed)
HP: 127/127
CMB: +12 CMD: 26
Fort: +09 Reflex: +07 Will: +07

Rage Block
HP: 160/160
CMB: +14 CMD: 26
Fort: +12 Reflex: +07 Will: +09

Rage Block (Hafísbíta in Hand)
Initiative: +3
HP: 155/155
CMB: +13 CMD: 25
Fort: +11 Reflex: +06 Will: +08

Fatigue Block
Initiative: +2
AC: 26 (13 Touch, 24 Flat-Footed)
HP: 127/127
CMB: +11 CMD: 24
Fort: +09 Reflex: +06 Will: +07

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +10, Sense Motive: +0

Special: Rage (Remaining Rounds: 16/16)
Special: Spirit Totem (+9/1d4+2)
Special: Claws (Remaining Rounds: 05/05)

Current Weapon in Hand: Hafísbíta

Hafísbíta Powers Available
Special: Boon: Shield (Remaining Points: 10/10)
Special: Boon: Healing Surge
Special: Boon: Cure Light Wounds (Remaining: 03/03)
Special: Boon: Heroism (Remaining: 01/01)
Special: Boon: Gallant Inspiration (Remaining: 01/01)

Spells Available
  • Level 0: Unlimited
  • Level 1: 7/7 per Day
  • Level 2: 6/6 per Day
  • Level 3: 3/3 per Day
Level 0: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Jolt, Haunted Fey Aspect, Mending, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
Level 1: Ear Piercing Scream, Magic Missile, Protection from Evil, Shield
Level 2: Frigid Touch, Protection from Evil (Communal), Resist Energy
Level 3: Fly, Haste
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

Watching the other denizens of the inn, the young woman's eyes are drawn to the boisterous elf guzzling liquor. Perhaps awe, or amazement, describes the look on her face as she watches a half bottle of spirits disappear at a time. The expression quickly fades as she obviously notices the rather... strong... odor becomes apparent.

Picking up her drink, Charity walks across to the less populated side of the room, looking over her shoulder. Before she can find a place to sit, a place to sit finds her, chair back biting into her side as she nearly stumbles over it. Wooden legs are loudly pushed across the floor a few inches before she recovers. Seeing the table is occupied as she straightens herself up, she stumbles over words, "Sorry... wasn't watching... the chair..."

Pulling the offending chair out a little more and sliding down onto it in a vain effort to disappear from sight, Charity finds herself at Corbin's table. Recomposing herself, she greets him, "Hello! Is this alright? I didn't mean to ruin your quiet evening."

(She is dressed in traveler's garb, themed in reds, golds, silver and white, and armed only with a dagger at her side.)

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ At Kaedyn's Table ~

Morrolan.png

The paladin looks over the crowd in the tap room and cannot help overhearing some of the conversations. The boisterous ones are not the most trustworthy on first impressions to his mind. Even if they are very capable, Sir Kaedyn would not exactly want to enlist their aid by their natures. Sometimes certain help is worse than no help.

However, the recommendation of one woman to her sister to enlist the aid of the warrior sitting at the next table was another matter. He considered their value of camaraderie and trust for a moment and nods to himself. Finishing off his last bite of food, he washes it down with his drink.

Turning in his chair towards Amien, he asks, "Are you two interested in a quest?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

~ At Table with Daylily & Aradra ~

Swash1.jpg

Borric cannot help but notice the loud elf and his stench. The archer with the wolf looks to be a competent professional as well by his estimation. Same with the woman that had been there a few moments before. At least their gear looks to be of good quality, marking them as adventurer's of some seasoning compared to the two sisters having a lively reunion.

Bored waiting on Fury and the other two, he leaves his table with a full tankard of ale in hand. The watered down 'ork piss', as Grog calls it, was wet enough to help alleviate his hangover without getting snockered more in the drinking.

Standing before their table, he nods a greeting, "Hoy, fellas. You two mighty heroes or dastardly villains?" He grins disarmingly.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +16
AC: 30 (25 w/out shield, 28(23w/shield) flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 103 Current: 103
CMB: +15 CMD: 28 (30 vs. Disarm/ 32 vs. Trip) Fort: +12 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+10 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6Dmg) or Combat Expertise (-3/+3AC), Lunge

Current Weapon in Hand: Darkwood Shield(LH), MWk Spiked Gauntlet (RH)
Chakram: 1/1 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

WindCrystal

First Post
Amien turns in his seat to see the new voice that had brought his voice close to the two, leaving no doubt it is they that he wants. It is the Paladin. Looking between himself and Galandra he quickly nods, "Why, of course! I am always available for adventuring services, unless of course I am already on a quest which leaves me busy. I am also open to any kind of task that needs to be done."

After his brief marketing of himself, he looks to Galandra once more, lowering his voice to now give a proper answer to her personal request, "Sorry, Galandra, it seems as though another adventure just came our way. I won't be able to baby sit for you right now, though quite frankly I would make a horrible parent figure and an even worse substitute to act in place of a parent figure. Never was able to keep my brothers.. as in my friends, from running off and doing something less wise than something unwise that I myself would do."

jackslate45

First Post
~Table with Borric and Daylily
Aradra looks up at the newcomer. Taking note of the shiny gold armor, as well as the many weapons he has on his person, Aradra had the feeling that this man was no newbie.

Taking a second to ponder the question, Aradra replies "If I had to choose between those two, the former sounds more accurate. Name's Aradra. If you have no one else to sit with, feel free to sit here. " Gesturing to one of the open seats.

Remove ads