[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Systole

First Post
Daylily_150.jpg

Daylily rolls his eyes and snorts. "Hero, villain. The city people is always crazy with the ideas of these things. But Jiragans knows there is only the fightings and the huntings." He takes another swig from the bottle before continuing. "The last fightings, Arrdara goes so he can gets the yellow metal. The Darkchild goes so she can keep the weak village-living peoples from getting eated by monster, even though this is a very natural thing for to happen to weak village-living peoples. But I am Jiragan. I go only for the fight. Wells, for fight and and also for the steak and salad. And ... jahhhh ... also because the Elder telled me to go. Drink?" he says, offering the mostly empty bottle to the others.

jackslate45

First Post
Dellrian Thankirk, NPC

The door opens once again, and a half elf appears over the threshold. His dirty blond hair seems to be splattered with a brown substance looking similar to mud, and his clothes seem to have been recently dirtied by grass stains and dirt. The half elf looks exhausted, but the man's face brightens when he sees the inn as crowded as it is. "Excellent! This is what I was hoping to see the Inn as! It doesn't feel right if it is not fully packed!"

Moving in between the other visitors towards the bar, the man speaks to Grog "Grog, my good friend, how have you been! Haven't seen this place lively in some time. Perfect! Just what I was hoping for."

The man then lowers his voice, and whispers something into Grog's ear, who nods and points to one of the side rooms. The man smiles and says "Thank you sir!"

Turning to face the room at large, the man says "Good afternoon ladies, gentlemen, animals, and others from the great beyond! I have an excellent opportunity for those skilled in scouting techniques, and those who are interested in ancient crypts! I will be in the side room, should you be interested! Grog, my usual please, thanks."

At that point, the man walked into the side room, awaiting those adventurers to heed his call.
[sblock=GM]
Through the Looking Glass, a level 5-6 game, is now open. I originally had Menik, Lem, Galandra, Maui, Vicenzo, and (once he arrives) Tasanto for this game, but it looks like Galandra might get stolen by PM.

Characters can start migrating over to the thread linked above.
[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
Galandra nods to Amien. "I understand."

She shakes her head to Kaedyn. "I'm sorry pal, I have some stuff I need to handle first. But I'm sure Amien here will help you out."

OOC: @jackslate45 Yeah, I thought Galandra was going with you.

@perrinmiller I was under the impression you wanted Damaris instead of Galandra. Damaris went to sit on another table, she will get to you.

=================
Damaris mumbles something under her breath while sipping from her wine, but afterwards she sighs and takes out a parchment and starts writing a letter to her mother, explaining she's alright and in high spirits, she doesn't have to worry about her. She will send it as soon as she has the chance, but first...

She will wait until the Paladin has finished talking to the table where Galandra is and approach him on private to talk about his offering.

"Well, hello there! Are you looking for someone in particular for that mysterious quest of yours? An specific set of skills?"

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
Hearing the call for those from the great beyond from outside the door, Tasanto rushes into the inn. Seeing the grubby man that was making the call for work, he makes a stop at the bar to order a meal first, then proceeds to the same meeting room as his new possible employer.

"I heard there is crypt work available?"
as he passes into the back room.
[/section]

jkason

First Post
A man with the darker complexion of the southern nations of the continent enters the inn. He pauses at the entryway, noting how crowded the place has become in his short absence.

"Well, look at that. I go off to get some work and shopping done, and someone throws a party. Hardly fair, but now I get to make a stylishly late entry, so I'll only punish the people who like that sort of thing," he says with a mischievous grin.

OOC: Ru is back in the building

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Corbin, male human cleric1

Corbin Elmentis (small).jpg
Corbin is taken aback at all the new arrivals to the Dunn Wright Inn. The place is growing packed with adventurers of many stripes. Perhaps all he needed to do was sit an wait a while. He finishes his bread and continues to sip at his mead. He would love to have some hearty stew, especially like Mum Jalise used to make, but his purse is so light, he isn't sure he can afford to splurge. Marla comes by with a fresh mug of mead, for which Corbin is quite thankful. "Thank you, love. Much obliged," he says, tossing her a few more coppers. "By the way, I never introduced myself. My name is Corbin, a humble servant of the goddess of divination. What is your name, my dear?"

Merla smiles as she picks up Corbin's empty cup and with a mock curtsy replies, "I am just the lowly wench, Marla, oh, humble servant of the goddess."

Corbin grins with genuine appreciation of her mocking tone and chuckles, "Tell me, Merla, are you offended by all priests, or just ones of my faith?"

The tiefling wench winces slightly at the mispronunciation of her name and meticulously pulls her bangs forward in an attempt to assure her horns are covered, "Not at all, oh, humble servant. I just don't like titles. Look at all the folks you see here. Every one of them claims one title or another. And each one of them meaningless. It's deeds that define a man," she says, ", or woman," she adds almost as an afterthought.

"Well in that case,", Corbin says after taking a fresh sip of mead, "perhaps you should just think of me as Corbin."

"Well met then, Corbin," the wench responds happily. "Don't you see that? It's so much less pretentious when you say it that way."

"Well met, Merla," Corbin nods. "Your wisdom belies your years. Has anyone ever told you that?"

"Only the simple ones, Corbin. There's a lot about me you don't yet know, but I suspect you'll learn more in time." Marla twirls back with the empty mug in hand and goes off to deal with other patrons.

A clever one, she is. I imagine it's best to try to keep on her good side. Corbin eyes the other patrons around the bar and keeps his ears perked for any individuals looking for someone that might benefit from his particular talents.

OOC: Anyone starting up any low-level adventures anytime soon? I'm anxious to dive in! :)

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
As Menik scans the room, looking for female elves who might become appropriate companions, he hears the man talking about cyrpts. A crypt might hold ancient secrets of magic - and undead - but that's nothing new, you can't go far at all these days without running into a bunch of undead anyway! He heads to the side room to check out the job offer.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Kaedyn Thorngood, Paladin of Helerion (NPC)

~ At Kaedyn's Table ~

Morrolan.png

Kaedyn snorts at the eagerness of the youthful (Amien). While not really that many years from adolescence himself, he is feeling the weight of responsibility. It makes him feel older than he is.

"Any task, Lad? Such a bold statement. I have a horse that lays piles the size of a large watermelon. You interested in cleaning them up?"

"What about you, lass? You good with a shovel or a pitchfork?"
he adds as he see the woman (Damaris) approach as well. He smiles to both of them with a twinkle in his eye and his tone was clearly not serious.

He gestures for Damaris to sit and for Amien to join him at his table.

"If you would like, please join me. I would buy you an ale, if you wish as you tell me about yourselves. I am Sir Kaedyn Thorngood of the Church of Helerion. Who might you two be?"

GM: Sorry, I am not going to begin recruitment specifically or get into anything plot related until all players are ready and reported into the DWI. Going to stick with chitchat until then. Yes, Soulnova, I know Galandra was not going. ;)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

The quiet dwarf in the corner finishes his meal, pushes his plate away and leans back against the wall. He continues to watch the patrons of the Inn, but keeps to himself. Whenever another patron makes eye contact the Dwarf nods in acknowledgement, but he doesn't make any moves to join another table.​
[/section]

Initiative: +02
AC: 16 (16 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed)
HP: 09/09
Senses: DarkVision (60’)
CMB: +00 CMD: 16
Fort: +03 Reflex: +04 Will: +06
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

~ At Table with Daylily & Aradra ~

Swash1.jpg

Borric takes a look around seeing a few people had just walked in, but not one of his previous companions. He takes the offered seat and gestures a toast with his own mug. It is already mostly full and he waves away the elf's offer.

He introduces himself, "Borric Hawkins."

"Heh, interesting question I posed, eh? Some might say I am a hero. Got the shiny armor to look the fookin' part, at any rate."

"Others have called me a cruel bastard. Either way just don't call me last when the beautiful whores are giving away their services for free. Ha."
He chuckles as takes a drink, but he is not really joking.

His continues in a neutral tone and shrugs, "Around here, I have been called the mageslayer. Even named my flail the same and smashing some fool wizard's skull like a melon. But now, I call my flail giant killer." He lifts up the mithral ball with spikes at the end of the weapon on his belt, then lets it fall back down at his side.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +16
AC: 30 (25 w/out shield, 28(23w/shield) flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 103 Current: 103
CMB: +15 CMD: 28 (30 vs. Disarm/ 32 vs. Trip) Fort: +12 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+10 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6Dmg) or Combat Expertise (-3/+3AC), Lunge

Current Weapon in Hand: Darkwood Shield(LH), MWk Spiked Gauntlet (RH)
Chakram: 1/1 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

Remove ads