• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
A stocky dwarf walks into the Dunn Wright Inn, a symbol of a white axe on a blue field set upon his tunic. A similar holy symbol hangs from his neck. "Alloooo. I was told that one might come here if he was looking for work?"

OOC: Dunkel Metzgerei being introduced. 1st level dwarven cleric.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Out side the back room the patrons see Maui and Taniwah, Maui not in good humor, exit. Soon Vincenzo exits, a smile on his face. "Maui, I am getting a few potions from the pearl. I will return shortly."

As he returns shortly after he exited he now has a look of determination on his face. "I got some minor healing potions, old friend, to accompany the moderate cure potions I already had and the healing stick I got from the last adventure. I am ready for this swamp travel. I just wish it did not have undead. Oh well, work is work."

Aura

Explorer
Commander Jacobson
Dressed in full White Cloak regalia, a human woman stands from a table with quite an assortment of characters about her and speaks above the background noise to the dwarf in the blue tunic. "I have a job," she begins, "and was just fleshing out my team." Striding towards Dunkel, she stops to greet him, offering her hand and eyeing him up critically. "It's yours if you want it."

In the background, Grunger mutters something about already having the dwarf warrior spot, only loud enough for those at the table to hear.

Commander_Fallout

First Post
He had rented a back room so that he could meditate in private. As the candles before him flickered about, so too did the shadows upon the walls. They leapt and danced and sprang about, twisting and contorting in their freedom from their bodies. The shapes changed now, however. There was a woman, with a sword, and a crowd of people...

The shadows pointed unanimously towards the door. Thanking them, Wahyu stood up and extinguished the flame, before opening the curtains and gathering up his belongings. He stepped out into the hall and into the commons area, where he saw exactly the scene that had been spelled out for him, laid out before him. He smirked and made his way to the crowd. It was easy to see her, being surrounded by an assortment of dwarves and gnomes and a halfling, whom he was pleased to recognize. He nodded to Hawk and to Cruendithas, before glancing up at the watchwoman, "My name is Wahyu, shepherd of spirits and Oracle to My Lady Above. I was lead to understand that you are looking for goers and doers in a matter of importance. However, I see that you've already gathered quite the number, and was wondering if you still had any room for members in your company...?"
[sblock= Wahyu's Mini Stats]
wayangavi_zpsd834477b.png

Wahyu
AC: 16 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 16/16
CMB: 0 CMD: 12
Fort: +1 Reflex: +2 Will: +4
Perception: +4, Darkvision 60 ft
Initiative: +6
Current Weapon in Hand: Light Crossbow (+3, 1d6+0, 19-20 x2)
Current Conditions in Effect:
Spells Remaining (1st): 5/5

Used Items:
-

Abilities Used:
-
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Jonas takes a place at the table with the Whitecloak commander, the chair creaking alarmingly beneath his weight. He silently takes in Mystie's recounting of their story, only nodding to confirm some of the details, and continues to hold his peace as the others trickle into the room and take their place at the table.​
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]--[/sblock]

Initiative: +02
AC: 17 (12 Touch, 15 Flat-Footed)
HP: 31/31
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +10
CMB: +05 CMD: 17 (+7/19 vs. Trip)
Fort: +06 Reflex: +02 Will: +04
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Commander Jacobson
[section]The appearance of the unusual Wayang nearly catches Commander Jacobson by surprise. A quiet, "Oh," escapes her lips as she quickly regains her regular composure. She nods to him, speaking simply, "Yes, I was thinking of you once I met Hawk and Crue. That makes for all three from the maid's report. You're in.

"This makes for a decent squad." The White Cloak looks to Grog and receives a nod from the grizzled half-orc. She continues, "Let's head to the meeting room, and be a good team and help your friend here carry her food in," she gestures towards Mystie for clarity. Jacobson leads the way back, standing at the door to allow you all to file in for the briefing.[/section]

Grunger, Dwarven Warrior
[section]The blonde dwarf is slow to rise and finds himself last in the procession into the meeting room. With a bit of a sway and stagger to his step, he makes his way to the door only to be stopped by Commander Jacobson. She leans down and speaks in low tones with him, her arm across the door, barring the way. His eyes light up, and the two have an exchange as you seat yourselves, with a look of obvious displeasure washing over Grunger's face. He seems to be attempting to make his case on some point, but in the end, he relents and his shoulders sink. Jacobson nods, adds one last trailing comment, and let's the dwarf turn around before closing the door.[/section]

[sblock=Continued in Game Thread]That's it, we got our group. Please continue posting in Rodents of Unusual Size, pt 3, as soon as I put up the replicate of this post for continuity. Looks like a good, healthy group… almost no replication in races, definitely not the human-centric feel most groups have. Everyone, have fun and welcome to ROUS3.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

The big half-orc takes up his tankard and heads to the back room with the others . . .​
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]--[/sblock]

Initiative: +02
AC: 17 (12 Touch, 15 Flat-Footed)
HP: 31/31
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +10
CMB: +05 CMD: 17 (+7/19 vs. Trip)
Fort: +06 Reflex: +02 Will: +04
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
Mystie reaches for her meal and juice that was delivered, and they start floating away from her, towards the room. She is not sure who did it, but it does free up her hands to grab her backpack and other things, so she is thankful. She follows the others in the procession to the back room to discuss the job further.

[sblock=actions]Bubba: follow Mystie
Mystie: switching to the game thread
[/sblock][sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 23/23, AC 13, 10 Touch, 13 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex +1, Will +4, CMB -4, CMD 5
Perception +0, Sense Motive +0, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +0, Handle Animal +9

Dagger -2, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +0, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +0, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
.,,,.....,,,,,,.Cantrips: Read Magic, Message, Spark, Unwitting Ally (DC 14 Will)
Racial Spells:
Dancing Lights (1/day), Flare (1/day), Produce Flame (1/day)
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 4/4 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil
.,,.,,.,,..Bard 1st Lvl:
2/2 remaining; Share Language, Grease (DC 15)
.Bardic Performance:
8/8 remaining;
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion, Mystie's Wand of Cure Light Wounds (25/25 ch)
......,,.......Consumables: 3 Alchemists' Fires, 1 Antitoxin
Consumables: 2/6 days trail rations, 2/6 days of dog food
....................... Scrolls: Endure Elements, Comp Languages, Diagnose Disease
....................Channels: 5 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 18-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action, Mystie and Jonas used
Bubba: Mastiff riding dog, Low light vision + scent; Perception +5, Understands Common
AC 13, Touch 12, FF 11
HP 16/16
.... Fort +5, Reflex +5, Will +1; Move: 40'
..................CMB +3, CMD 15 (19 vs. Trip)
Melee: Bite +3, 1d6+3 plus trip
Tricks: Attack x2, Defend, Heel, Flank and Hunt

Effects:
In hand:
[/sblock]
[/section]

Systole

First Post
Mirra_150.jpg

Mirra waves to Mystie and Jonas. "Good luck, guys! Don't be strangers." She settles down at the bar with a cup of tea and a book. It isn't long before she frowns. "A green-colored member of the genus Dendrobatidae? That doesn't make any sense. Unless he's confusing it with a Phyllobatidae ...?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Mirra Weathersmith

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 12/14
CMB: +2 CMD: 15
Fort: +3 Reflex: +6 Will: +1

Perception: +5
Initiative: +3

Bombs: 2/7
Cognatogen Prepared: Intelligence
1st Level: 0/3
Extracts Prepared: Enlarge Person, Shield, Detect Secret Doors

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear (+2, x2, 1d8+1) and Bomb (+4, x2, 1d6+3)
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads