[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Heinrich is in the middle of drinking from his mug when the latest arrivel enters, the single word "WOW" can be heard from inside his mug.

Aura

Explorer
"Thank you Charity. Living up to that name, eh?" Erin laughs quietly.

Charity, Human Female[section]
The comment seems cause a moment of self-reflection before Charity answers, "Hunh… well, I guess you could say that. Grog was trying to get a bite to eat so I thought I'd save him the trip. In any case, the name was granted to me by the high priest of Cortesia, in communion with the Bright Lady. My parents, a couple of real holy rollers, requested the high priest's service instead of naming me themselves." She pauses, twirling her hair with her index finger and thinking. "Perhaps I act the way I do because I am named properly by a divine source. Or, perhaps I merely try to live up to what was given me. Maybe both."[/section]

With that said, Charity looks to Wilmorn and gives him a couple pats on the back as he verbally wrestles with the odd denizens of the Inn. However, her smile breaks a bit and she looks over her shoulder at the woman in the red mask. After a moment of consideration, she addresses Wilmorn and Erin again. "Sorry. I was distracted," she explains simply.

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
Marla the Barmaid
[section]Having finished her initial delivery to (and chastisement of) the crazed fire mage, Mistress of the Dunn Wright Inn, Marla, turns her attention to others. Sweeping down the length of the bar, she places a full, frothy mug of beer in front of the dark-skinned Kepli. "Pretty eyes, hon," she comments as she takes in the newcomer for the first time.

The barmaid's attention is suddenly torn away by the entry of merfolk sage. "If you need anything else, let me know," she offers to Kepli before walking out onto the floor and staring down at the wet, slimy trail connecting the door to the man-fish. She kneels and draws her finger through it, then looks at him critically. "Next time, could you do me a favor and wipe off the excess water and," looking at her finger curiously, slimy residue dripping off, "other stuff… before coming in?" She wipes her finger on her apron and softens a bit, addressing Aszar again, "Need something to eat or drink? Let me know."[/section]

Somewhere behind the bar, a heavily muscled hand holds up a half-eaten turkey leg, as if in triumph. "Mebbe he drinks likea fish!" Grog's disembodied voice emanates from where he is undoubtedly seated behind the bar, busy with dinner. He laughs heartily at his own joke before the hand and turkey leg disappear from view.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Only for your profits to increase, would you hope for that Grog. " comes a retort from the red haired human by the fire. "Marla, if it would please you, I could summon das Feuer Volk inside die Taverne. Ja? It dry very well just fur you Frauline!" His accent is heavily laden with Olde Landellion and lightly spiced with humor. The smile on his face does not hide any of his myrth.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Aszar stares blankly at the waitress. His big milky white eyes, unblinkingly study her, so intensely it seems he's staring inside her head. "No." he says finally, and until he continues, its impossible to say if he meant no to the offer of food or to the watery trail. It seems to be the later, since he adds: "Shellfish, and water. My gratitude."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kepli Stormborn, shaman

[section]
Kepli smiles at the tiefling barkeep and hands over several coins. "Thank you."

Taking up the mug of beer she pours a small amount onto the bar top which earns her a frown from Marla. "Drink, and be happy with your servant." She takes a drink from the mug and wipes the froth from her lips with the back of her hand. Noticing the look from the quiet, dark-skinned man just a stool or two away she slides over and holds out her hand.

"Kepli. Some call me Stormborn, but I prefer just Kepli."

[/section]

Anastrace

First Post
Erin Vaneese

175px-Erin_vaneese_cropped.png
Seeing Charity distracted for a moment, Erin follows her gaze and catches a glimpse of the beautiful Kepli. Ah, she thought that's the commotion. After Charity finishes, "I never knew my real family, they gave me up to a wizard when I was a baby for ah, obvious reasons. The man who raised me, decided to do experiments to see what makes tieflings special. A bit of fire here, a pound of flesh there. I was overjoyed when he was killed. Best day of my life." she says with a laugh that seems semi forced.

grtrtle

First Post
Wilmorn, human male

Wilmorn visibly relaxes to the redhead's warm, comforting gesture, and offers her a heartfelt smile in return. Pull yourself together, fool. Master Martin would be ashamed to see you in such sorry shape. The impressive Kepli draws his focused attention, but he manages to tear away and return his attention to the paladin when the conversation resumed. He looks to Charity, "Whatever the reason, you do your name justice. Thank you."

The ranger strains to follow the tieflings words, that continue to set his nerves on edge. Her lack of remorse at her master's death failed to bother Wilmorn, and he furrows his brows at this lack of response from within himself.

"I fear my story is less...interesting. Luck favored me a mentor, and I'm just out here trying to make a living without his watch." Babying. The fleeting thought intrigued him, giving voice to a feeling he never thought he had while apprenticed. With a scan around the room, he shrugs. "Unfortunately, with all the folks here, I can't say I like my chances for work."

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Siddhartha extends his hand out with trepidation, and forces a smile. "My name is Siddhartha." His lack of expression belies his true thoughts. There is something mysterious and exciting about this one.

Anastrace

First Post
Erin Vaneese

175px-Erin_vaneese_cropped.png
She nodded, surveying the room and all its new occupants. "I agree Wilmorn" she said quietly adding "every couple minutes it seems our chances for work go down. I guess we'll just have to show we're better candidates eh?" she said flashing a toothy smile, her hand on her blade. "I have to admit though, some of these people are quite...fascinating. That Kepli in particular. Perhaps we should go have words with her?"

Remove ads