[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kepli Stormborn, shaman

[section]
Kepli grasps Siddhartha's hand. Her hand is rough, the hand of someone who has done a bit of work rather than the soft hand of a noblewoman. She gives his hand a shake and on releasing it glances down the bar towards where she swore she heard someone say her name. Catching the eye of a tiefling woman and her companion Kepli gives nod of acknowledgement and greeting.

Turning her attention back to Siddhartha she says, "This talking down a line is awkward. There's a free table, let's take it. It'll be more comfortable. Maybe a few more will join us. C'mon, it'll be fun." She reaches out and grasps Siddhartha's wrist and pulls. She's obviously not strong enough to move the man unless he wants to go but she gives him a look like she won't take no for an answer.

Finding she doesn't have enough hands for Siddhartha's hand, her beer, and her pack she lets go of Siddhartha and scoops up a strap of her pack and drags it along to a nearby empty table. Seeing a large red handprint on the top she stops and frowns. "Umm, not this one. I, I don't like the feel of that."

She moves to another table that is almost empty. Its only occupant is a man with his head on the table and lightly snoring. She pulls out a chair and finds that it has a bizarre construction that baffles her for a moment. She looks around in confusion until her gaze alights on a merfolk sitting on the floor nearby. "Oh! It's for you. I mean, it's built to accommodate your tail. Come join us. No point sitting on the floor by yourself!"

[/section]

Voda Vosa

First Post
The fish man seems suddenly interested in the woman offering him a seat. He was wondered that this place had an actual chair designed to accommodate his kin s unusual anatomy. He slowly and wordless approached the table. Once there his milky eyes fix on the woman for several seconds, as if studying her. It's unnerving for most mammals, whose metabolism demands faster reactions, but not for the colds blooded merman. "My gratitude" he said finally before coiling on the chair. His expression denotes amusement and comfort.

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Cortesia's guard nods to Erin and Wilmorn in turn, although Erin's story produced a betraying look of shock from the young Venzan. When Erin changes subject to the exotic folk at the other table, "You never know who might be called to a job with you--it's good policy to get to know people as best you can. And, well, it helps pass the time. By now, Robert, my working partner, and I know each other rather well, although we didn't have the benefit of a previous meeting." She gestures in the direction of the brown haired and bearded man with multiple scars.

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Siddhartha reluctantly gets up, encouraged by the oceans of empathy emanating from Kepli's eyes. He realizes that he towers over most of the other inhabitants in the tavern, aside from Grog. Stronger and faster too. He makes sure he sits next to Kepli, making sure to sit on the other side of the merfolk. He says nothing. Failing to trust anyone here, he rests his hand on the hilt of his sword.

Last edited:

grtrtle

First Post
Wilmorn, human male

Wilmorn sighs as he peels off his left hand from the mug. He notices with consternation he had unwittingly malformed the cup. Meanwhile, the redhead's words are strangely persuasive. At her mention, he glances over to the bearded, scarred man, and the aura about the man is warm and familiar. He looks from the man, back to the paladin, and then over to the tiefling next to him. "Perhaps we should consider Charity's advice..." The ranger blushes at that, realizing this was the very suggestion offered by Erin but a moment earlier.

He glances over to the muscular man, and his observing eyes quickly moves on to the rest of the table. The man is danger. But, then, what of the woman who can convince the man to join her? He studies Kepli a moment more, before re-evaluating the merman. Sadly, he draws a blank, unsure how to properly appraise what his eyes are seeing. Finally, Wilmorn thanks Charity, and takes his food and drink over to the suddenly crowded table.

"Ah, good sers..." Wilmorn pauses, uncertain if the human address applies here to the merman. "Might there be room for my companion and I to join you?"

jkason

First Post
A Crab Walks Into a Bar...

GalenSquare_zps278399c7.jpg

The door to the Inn opens, and the white garb and crest of Venza are hard to miss. The man's military cut and frown as he surveys the room suggest the White Cloak isn't in the best of moods.

[sblock=Know: Local 5]Commander Galen Parsons is a prominent member of Venza's local police force. He serves Coordinator Moretti in a floating capacity among the many districts the Coordinator manages.

[sblock=Know: Local 15]Those adventurers who have interacted with White Cloaks note that Parsons is known among his peers for his dislike of "vigilante mercenaries," i.e., adventurers.

[sblock=Know: Local or Nobility 20] Parsons has ties to House Gabbiano, a shipping Merchant Noble house which has recently seen a resurgence of its previously-poor fortunes

[sblock=Know: Local or Nobility 25]Parsons is romantically involved with Gabbiano's head retainer, the elf Finia[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

"All right," the man calls out after steeling himself. "I don't want to be here any longer than I have to, but: orders."

He points to one of the back rooms, raising an eyebrow to get Grog's attention. The half-orc grunts, then shrugs.

"Venza has need," the White Cloak announces, striding for the room he pointed to. "Yes, it pays," he adds before anyone can ask.

He spins around at the door to the room and shoves his gauntleted fists onto his hips as he says, "Though I can't imagine City of Glass standard scale is going to impress those of you who've been causing trouble for too terribly long. If you're willing to work for something that isn't the ridiculous mound of wasted money your fellows tend to ask, I'll be in here.

"Do not make me wait,"
he finishes, then turns heel and marches into the back room.

[sblock=RECRUITING]Okay, this is for "No Loitering," a 1st level adventure for 4-5 folks of that level. I should have the adventure thread up today or tomorrow, but for now, those who are interested can RP themselves out of existing conversations and post that they're entering the room with the ornery cop. :) [/sblock]

grtrtle

First Post
Wilmorn, human male

Wilmorn steps back involuntarily at the look from Siddhartha, and instinctively shifts his mug-filled hand to grip the...plate? Drat! He quickly sets down his food and drink in an empty spot by Siddhartha, and hurries back towards his old seat to pick up his weapon and gears. He returns momentarily, sets everything down near his seat, and situates himself at the table.

Unsure how to proceed, he looks around and studies what everyone is having for drinks and food. He is quickly interrupted by the white garbed man. A job! He hastily stands back up, nearly knocking over his food and drink. With an apology to everyone at the table. He starts towards where the man went. A few steps in, he slaps his forehead, returns to collect his gears, and heads to the back room.

Just before entering the room, he looks over to Grog to make sure Grog does not have objections. He catches sight of Aura and smiles at the kindly lady paladin, before entering the back room.

Last edited:

Anastrace

First Post
Erin Vaneese

"Ah, pardon me Wilmorn, Charity but I think opportunity has just come knocking. Please excuse me." With that, Erin heads towards the room with the White Cloak, with her hand adjusting her blade on her belt.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Aszar looks with his big white eyes at the former slave, and his eyes that drip mistrust almost as much as the merfolk dripped water. The turtle that now holds on to Aszar's shoulder peeks its head out to look at Siddhartha as well. "Advice:" Aszar states, looking down at the man. Despie being shorter, now that he is seated he remains a few inches above the warrior. "Lack of trust is unjustified in this place, and will hamper you from getting work... If such is your objective." He looks at the hand resting on the sword. His hissing voice and strong accent are harsh for the ear, although the meaning of his words are sound enough.

Aszar looks blankly at the human's clumsiness. He wonders how these creatures manage to survive their larval stage. As the military looking man enters the tavern an offers work, the merman uncoils from his seat, grabs his spear that serves as walking stick, and adds to Kelpi and Siddhartha. "I was honored to share your table, as fleeting as the moment was."
Aszar moves to the room, following the human and the tiefling.

Remove ads