[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

jackslate45

First Post
~ In a private room ~
[section]

"I was born, raised, and trained in Rorn, where I was with the army for 5 years until I was discharged. I found Shadow in my first few months after leaving basic training, on a routine scouting mission. His pack had been hunted down, and he was a lone child survivor, doomed to die. I was ordered to put him out of his misery, but I refused, arguing that if we can train him a wolf's nose will help immensely on while scouting. It took a while, but eventually my captain agreed, on the condition that it was me that trained him."

Shadow's tail was wagging as he too enjoyed the attention Melisande gave him. Aradra looked sadly at the wolf before continuing. "Unfortunately, it was hard to get him to trust me initially, as he would not let me get close. Yes, he was no bigger than a small dog at the time, but in order to gain an animals trust you have to wait until it gets used to you. Something I learned when I was still at home."

"I started slowly, bringing food and water close enough within his smell range, and leaving it there. Shadow would get used to my smell, but also know that I am there to help him. Over the next 2 years I did this, every day. At first he would not come out of the cave he took shelter in, but eventually he would just watch me as I performed this ritual. On my off hours, I would hide up in the trees above him, and just watch to make sure nothing got close."

"One day, when I was doing it, he actually came out of his cave, and started approaching. Freezing, I waited until he was close enough to smell me, and then he started eating the meal I brought him out of my hands. That was the first time he actually came within reach distance of me."

[/section]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=Francis John III, Self-Proclaimed Halfling Prince]Character Sheet
HP: 16/16
AC: 17 FF:15 T:13
CMB: 1 CMD: 13
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +8 Initiative: +2
Bluff: +13 Diplomacy: +7 S. Motive: +5
Sleight: +7 Stealth: +10
Armed: Light Crossbow +4 1d6
Bolts Remaining: 17/20
Unarmed: Shortsword +3 d4+1
Adaptable Luck: 3/3
[sblock=Bacon, War Pig]HP: 18/18
AC: 14, touch: 10, flat-footed: 14 (+4 natural)
Fort: +6 Ref: +3 Will: +1
Initiative: 0
Defensive Abilities: ferocity
Speed: 40 ft. (30 medium, 20 heavy)
Melee: gore +4 (1d8+4)
CMB: +4 CMD: 14
Skills: Perception +6
Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent[/sblock][/sblock]
The halfling's interest is still piqued by the painted pantomimer. He walks up to the stage and tosses a few pence at the feet of the performer, and returns to order another round of Halfling on Fires for Devlin and himself.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
HeinrichAvatar_zps3d3206d8.jpg

"Larrisa, I don't know. Field of honor ist a bit nebulous in my home. Das baron uf home ist nict honor. steal vhat he vant. It seems das herr at batle, he vas sure arrangement fur all was made. I just do not know of these things. I am not soldier, just vizard."

He sits and ponders Her words in silence, in heavy contemplation.

"I worry more of poison from Blanchard, but revenge of this general is not to be dismissed either. Too many secrets."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Heinrich
Initiative: +2 Perception: +12 (Greater Darkvision w/ spell) AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch) (better with spells)
HP: 46 Current: 46
BAB: +5 CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (15 ff)
Fort: +6 Reflex: +8 Will: +11 CONC: +21 Special: FIRE RESIST 10
Current Conditions in Effect:
cat's grace - 11 minutes rounds: [one]
Haste - 1 rnd/lv; multi person effect [party of 4 for 11 rounds]
Current Weapon in Hand: WAND: acid arrow
CHARGED ITEMS AND SKILLS:
WAND ACID ARROW: 38/50
Scroll: Summon Monster IV
WAND CURE LIGHT: 50/50
* DRAW FIRE AROUND HIM FROM SOURCE = TO CAMPFIRE OR LARGER
* FIRE JET 9/9 TIME PER DAY 1D6+5 DAM
* DC: 21 REF FOR HALF OR BURN ANOTHER RND FOR 1D6
* AVOID ADDTL DAM BY DC 16 REF SAVE
* DANCING FLAME 5 PER DAY
OTHER
SPELL SPECIALIZATION: FIRE BALL ; GTR SPELL SPECIAL: FIREBALL ; ECTOPLAS SPELL ; SILENT SPELL ; PIERCING SPELL Spells Memorized
Code:
Save DC:          
General: 15 + SL                
Evocation: 17 + SL          
Elemental (Fire): 16 + SL            
Evoc + (Fire): 18 + SL

0 Level              Level 01               Level 02                
* Prestidig.     * feather fall          * See invisibility
* Disrupt Undead * Burning Hands(ev,E,*) * Scorching ray (ev,E)
* Dancing lights * Feather Fall          * Levitate
* acid splash    * ear pierce scream     * Resist Energy
                 * magic missile         * Warding Weapon
                 * Shield                * cat's grace
                 * Expeditious Retreat   * Scorching ray (ev,E)
                 P magic missile         P scorching ray (ev,E)
                 P magic missile         P cat's grace
                 P Shield                P Scorching ray (ev,E)

LEVEL 3                LEVEL 04                LEVEL 05
* Flame Arrow (E)      * summon monster 4 (E)  * lightning arc
* Haste                * stone skin            * Elemental body [E]
* Dispel Magic         * dimension door        * wall of force
* Dispel Magic         * Detonate              * Teleport
* lightning bolt       * Blk Tentacles                      
* Displacement         P summon monster 4 (E)
P Haste

LEVEL 6
* Tar Pool (E)
* Chains of fire
* form of the dragon 1                

[sblock=Book:]
Level 00  
* Resistance * Acid Splash [c] * Detect Magic * Detect Poison * Read Magic * Daze * Dancing Lights
* Flare * Light * Spark * Disrupt Undead * Touch of Fatigue * Mage Hand * Mending * Message
* Open/Close * Arcane Mark * Prestidigitation
Level 01
* Break * Burning Hands (E,*) * Chill Touch * comp lang * Ear piercing scream * Endure Elements (E)  
* enlarge person * expeditious retreat * Feather Fall * Identify * Jump [c] * Magic Missile
* magic weapon * Shield * Touch of the Sea & * Touch of Gracelessness
Level 02  
* Arcane Lock  * Burning gaze (E) * Cat's grace * darkvision * Elemental Touch * Flaming Sphere (E)
* Fox's cunning * Knock * Levitate * Resist Energy * Scorching Ray (E) * See Invisibility
* Spectral Hand * Warding Weapon * false life
Level 03  
* Dispel magic * Displacement * Draconic Reservoir * Fire ball (**,E,ev) * Flame Arrow (E) * Haste
* Lightning bolt (ev) * Tiny Hut * Ablative Barrier [c] * Fly  
Level 04  
* Black tentacles * darkvision, gtr * Detonate * Dimension door * scrying * stone skin
* summ monst IV [E]
Level 05  
* Elemental body II [e] * Feuer vyrm [fire snake] * lightning arc * Summon monster V * Teleport
* Wall of Force
Level 06
* undeath to death * chains of fire * tar pool * sirocco * forceful hand * Form of the dragon I  
[/sblock]

( - ) denotes a cast spell    
(*) cast at +1 level (trait)  
(**) cast at +2 levels (Feat)
(E) elemental: flame school  
(ev) evocation
(A) denotes changed to acid
(&) takes 2 spell slots to cast
(#) recalled via pearl of power
(E,A) denotes 50% fire/50% acid
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Listening to Melisande description of what she does in the Helerion church, Charity postulates, "Hunh, so you're a go places, fix things member of the order? They must place a lot of trust in you..."

Charity's words trail off as she watch Melisande and Shadow interact and conversation shifts to the meeting of Shadow and Aradra. Relaxing for the story, the young woman sits cross-legged, smiling and nodding throughout. At the end, she offers, "Food is a powerful motivator, yes..." Chuckling softly, she casts an eye over at Melisande, then points to Aradra knowingly.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Melisande, Paladin

~ In a private room ~

Melisande%20Avatar_zpslnotfw6i.jpg

Melisande had listened to the story of Shadow and Aradra, it being not as familiar as those of the Order and their mounts. But there was a lesson to be taken from it as well and she added her own comments.

"There is virtue in patience and it can bring its own rewards."

Melisande was used to traveling alone most of the time, having no special bond with her horse. But she was too faithful to be jealous of such a thing. She was happy for those that had such companions.

Turning back to Charity she answered, "I am but one of Helerion's champions. I go where the divine instructs, the Order itself does not actually tell me what to do. It is not their place and they know this. So my position is not based upon trust of me, but of Helerion."

"How about you, Charity? Are you a faithful warrior and champion too?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Melisande
Initiative: +1 Perception: +15 (Darkvision)
AC: 28 (27 flat-footed, 13 Touch) - Currently 18 with Chainshirt
HP: 158 (DR3/-) Current: 158
CMB: +20 CMD: 33(32ff) (+2 vs Sunder/Disarm) Fort: +18 Reflex: +11 Will: +14
Special: Immune to Fear, Disease, Charm
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack (-4Att/+8(12)dmg), Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Aura of Good/Courage/Resolve
Current Weapon in Hand: None

Lay on Hands (6d6): 12/12 Remaining
Smite Evil (5x/day, +4 Att, +17 dmg, +4 Deflect AC): 5/5 Remaining
Alter Self: 1/1 Remaining
Divine Bond (+3): 3/3 Remaining
Spells Remaining:
1st Level 4/4+2 Pearls (Protection from Evil, Hero's Defiance, Bless, Divine Favor)
2nd Level 3/3+1 Pearl (Effortless Armor, Blade Tutor's Spirit, Righteous Vigor)
3rd Level 2/2 (Greater Magic Weapon, Greater Magic Weapon)
4th Level 1/1 (Resounding Blows)[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Indeed," murmurs Larissa. "Even in Rorn, duels are not always truly the end of a matter. Kin may bear ill will and seek vengeance off the field. But bringing back a slain duelist adds problems far beyond that."

She shakes her head. "It seems we have wandered into a dangerous feud, one that will not even end in death. Should he challenge me, I would gladly make an end of this general. But to do so I would have to have the tax man seize his lands and property before the fight."

[sblock=Larissa stat block]
Larissa
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 83 Current: 83
CMB: +10 CMD: 21
Fort: +10 Reflex: +3 Will: +9 (currently wearing Cloak of Protection)
PER Roll: +2
Move: 30’ (w/boots of Striding & Springing)
Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword

Weapons:
+2 Greatsword Attack: +13/+8 = [BAB(6/1) + STR(4) + WF(1) + Magic(2)]
Damage: 2d6+8, Crit: 19-20/x2,
Special: pommel is hollow, contains scripture
Pow Att w/+2 Greatsword Attack: +11/+6 = [BAB(6/1) + STR(4) + WF(1) + Magic(2) +PA(-2)]
Damage: 2d6+14, Crit: 19-20/x2,

Spells prepared:
0 Level (4) Level 01 (4+1) Level 02 (3+1) Level 03 (1+1)
* Detect Magic * Bless * Bull's Strength * Dispel Magic
* Read Magic *Divine Favor l * Grace * D: Heroism
* Light * Detect Evil * Silence
* Guidance * Remove Fear * D: Spiritual Weapon
* D: Shield of Faith

Channeling at current level: Channel 4d6,
DC 17 =(10 + 1/2 Cleric lvl + CHA +2 for Glory) for
Undead to Save. 5x/day, Selective (skip up to 2 targets)

[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
HeinrichAvatar_zps3d3206d8.jpg

"If it were me, hmmm, I vould haf made arrangements before making the challenge. I am not a cocky person. I fall too easily in direct battle. I do not know how to have changed outcome of end." He slouches in surrender, looking down at the table.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Heinrich
Initiative: +2 Perception: +12 (Greater Darkvision w/ spell) AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch) (better with spells)
HP: 46 Current: 46
BAB: +5 CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (15 ff)
Fort: +6 Reflex: +8 Will: +11 CONC: +21 Special: FIRE RESIST 10
Current Conditions in Effect:
cat's grace - 11 minutes rounds: [one]
Haste - 1 rnd/lv; multi person effect [party of 4 for 11 rounds]
Current Weapon in Hand: WAND: acid arrow
CHARGED ITEMS AND SKILLS:
WAND ACID ARROW: 38/50
Scroll: Summon Monster IV
WAND CURE LIGHT: 50/50
* DRAW FIRE AROUND HIM FROM SOURCE = TO CAMPFIRE OR LARGER
* FIRE JET 9/9 TIME PER DAY 1D6+5 DAM
* DC: 21 REF FOR HALF OR BURN ANOTHER RND FOR 1D6
* AVOID ADDTL DAM BY DC 16 REF SAVE
* DANCING FLAME 5 PER DAY
OTHER
SPELL SPECIALIZATION: FIRE BALL ; GTR SPELL SPECIAL: FIREBALL ; ECTOPLAS SPELL ; SILENT SPELL ; PIERCING SPELL Spells Memorized
Code:
Save DC:          
General: 15 + SL                
Evocation: 17 + SL          
Elemental (Fire): 16 + SL            
Evoc + (Fire): 18 + SL

0 Level              Level 01               Level 02                
* Prestidig.     * feather fall          * See invisibility
* Disrupt Undead * Burning Hands(ev,E,*) * Scorching ray (ev,E)
* Dancing lights * Feather Fall          * Levitate
* acid splash    * ear pierce scream     * Resist Energy
                 * magic missile         * Warding Weapon
                 * Shield                * cat's grace
                 * Expeditious Retreat   * Scorching ray (ev,E)
                 P magic missile         P scorching ray (ev,E)
                 P magic missile         P cat's grace
                 P Shield                P Scorching ray (ev,E)

LEVEL 3                LEVEL 04                LEVEL 05
* Flame Arrow (E)      * summon monster 4 (E)  * lightning arc
* Haste                * stone skin            * Elemental body [E]
* Dispel Magic         * dimension door        * wall of force
* Dispel Magic         * Detonate              * Teleport
* lightning bolt       * Blk Tentacles                      
* Displacement         P summon monster 4 (E)
P Haste

LEVEL 6
* Tar Pool (E)
* Chains of fire
* form of the dragon 1                

[sblock=Book:]
Level 00  
* Resistance * Acid Splash [c] * Detect Magic * Detect Poison * Read Magic * Daze * Dancing Lights
* Flare * Light * Spark * Disrupt Undead * Touch of Fatigue * Mage Hand * Mending * Message
* Open/Close * Arcane Mark * Prestidigitation
Level 01
* Break * Burning Hands (E,*) * Chill Touch * comp lang * Ear piercing scream * Endure Elements (E)  
* enlarge person * expeditious retreat * Feather Fall * Identify * Jump [c] * Magic Missile
* magic weapon * Shield * Touch of the Sea & * Touch of Gracelessness
Level 02  
* Arcane Lock  * Burning gaze (E) * Cat's grace * darkvision * Elemental Touch * Flaming Sphere (E)
* Fox's cunning * Knock * Levitate * Resist Energy * Scorching Ray (E) * See Invisibility
* Spectral Hand * Warding Weapon * false life
Level 03  
* Dispel magic * Displacement * Draconic Reservoir * Fire ball (**,E,ev) * Flame Arrow (E) * Haste
* Lightning bolt (ev) * Tiny Hut * Ablative Barrier [c] * Fly  
Level 04  
* Black tentacles * darkvision, gtr * Detonate * Dimension door * scrying * stone skin
* summ monst IV [E]
Level 05  
* Elemental body II [e] * Feuer vyrm [fire snake] * lightning arc * Summon monster V * Teleport
* Wall of Force
Level 06
* undeath to death * chains of fire * tar pool * sirocco * forceful hand * Form of the dragon I  
[/sblock]

( - ) denotes a cast spell    
(*) cast at +1 level (trait)  
(**) cast at +2 levels (Feat)
(E) elemental: flame school  
(ev) evocation
(A) denotes changed to acid
(&) takes 2 spell slots to cast
(#) recalled via pearl of power
(E,A) denotes 50% fire/50% acid
[/sblock][

Aura

Explorer
~ In A Private Room ~

Charity, Human Female

Charity twirls a red lock of hair around her finger as she thinks on Melisande's question, not answering immediately. "Well, hunh," she begins, shifting in her seat a bit. Speaking with a tangible uncertainty, the young Venzan continues, "I'm not sure about the champion part, depends on what you mean by that. But, more importantly, you're indicating you do things directly by the will of Helerion. I more think the way I do things is in accordance with the wishes of the Bright Lady. It seems to be, she seems to provide support for me in these endeavors. The nudge and push she gives me in terms of encouraging specific action is rather... subtle." She stops, seemingly at a loss for further words. She looks down at the wolf, then back up at Melisande and Aradra.

jackslate45

First Post
~ In a private room ~
[section]

Aradra's eyes caught Charity's silent charade of looking at Melisande and then at him. Not much gets past the scout anymore. With a smile Aradra looks over at Charity and says "Well, I guess that is something Shadow and I have in common. Food can indeed be a powerful motivator. Nothing makes people happier than a full belly."

Melisande's statement catches Aradra's attention, and he nods in agreement. "'The careful hunter always gets the prey.' Something I heard while in the army." However, he did not really expand on the statement anymore.

While Aradra had a working knowledge of the Sword Saints, he did not receive inspiration from any particular one of them. Rather, it seemed to him that their combined experiences allowed him spells that he would not have been able to cast, and their experience allowed Aradra to be prepared for most combats that are inherently dangerous. They did not work thorough him in other ways (other than that one time, but Aradra didn't pay attention to it as close as he should), thus when the topic changed Aradra leaned forward again in his chair, his interest piqued. "How exactly does your god tell you want to do? I've actually never understood that."
[/section]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa nods sullenly at Heinrich's observations. "Why do the gods grant the power to raise the dead?" She asks speculatively. "Surely if they wish to see a soul returned from the beyond, they could see to it themselves. Why would they delegate such power to human vessels?" She shakes her head. "As grateful as I am to my Lady, I have often questioned her wisdom in granting me the power she does. But to have true power over life and death...Who would crave such a thing? And the cost of resurrection is an offering of treasure. Why do lands and holdings make an aged lord worthy of rebirth while the children of peasants die in his fields?"

[sblock=Larissa stat block]
Larissa
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 83 Current: 83
CMB: +10 CMD: 21
Fort: +10 Reflex: +3 Will: +9 (currently wearing Cloak of Protection)
PER Roll: +2
Move: 30’ (w/boots of Striding & Springing)
Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword

Weapons:
+2 Greatsword Attack: +13/+8 = [BAB(6/1) + STR(4) + WF(1) + Magic(2)]
Damage: 2d6+8, Crit: 19-20/x2,
Special: pommel is hollow, contains scripture
Pow Att w/+2 Greatsword Attack: +11/+6 = [BAB(6/1) + STR(4) + WF(1) + Magic(2) +PA(-2)]
Damage: 2d6+14, Crit: 19-20/x2,

Spells prepared:
0 Level (4) Level 01 (4+1) Level 02 (3+1) Level 03 (1+1)
* Detect Magic * Bless * Bull's Strength * Dispel Magic
* Read Magic *Divine Favor l * Grace * D: Heroism
* Light * Detect Evil * Silence
* Guidance * Remove Fear * D: Spiritual Weapon
* D: Shield of Faith

Channeling at current level: Channel 4d6,
DC 17 =(10 + 1/2 Cleric lvl + CHA +2 for Glory) for
Undead to Save. 5x/day, Selective (skip up to 2 targets)

[/sblock]

Remove ads