[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

resrick

First Post
latest

Barnibus laughs at the ruckus stirring up within the inn. "Ha ha now that is a sight I have never seen before. A man turning into a dragon! What is this world coming to!" He takes another deep swig of his drink, not even noticing its new shade of color. He then turns to address the young lady at the bar with a uniquely colored beverage. "Alas lass I do not believe the dragon means any harm" he then turns to the puppy "and as for you little pooch, it is not wise to snarl at a beast that is so much larger than you." Looking closer at his teeth a smile comes across the Skald's lips,"but with teeth like those even the largest of creatures would most likely tremble in fear." He looks up to the man keeping the wolf calm,"you have yourself a fine companion there my friend. A worthy ally in the great hunt." He lifts his mug in salute.

"NOW! let us all lift our steins to the air and salute these brave souls and sing to their glorious battles before and all those to come!"

(cast summon instrument to summon a Accordion)

Barnibus begins to pound the ground with his foot, creating a resounding rhythm throughout the inn and then begins to play the accordion in a rousing melody meant to get the tavern singing and dancing along with him.

"SING WITH ME MY FRIENDS!" he says as he raises his voice in a wonderful drinking song.

[sblock=Finnegans Wake] https://youtu.be/L6QTwZDzak4 [/sblock]
[sblock=Performance] Play that funky music!: 1D20+6 = [10]+6 = 16
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats] Barnibus the Beautiful

AC: 16
HP: 10
CMB: +3 CMD: 15
Fort: +3 Reflex: +3 Will: +2

Perception: +0
Initiative: + 2

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Used Items: None
Raging Songs: 5/5
Cantrips: Summon Instrument, Light, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation
Lvl 1: (0/2 used) Cure Light Wounds, Moment of Greatness
[/sblock]

*edit* had to add in the Performance!

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
HeinrichAvatar_zps3d3206d8.jpg

"Ach! Vhat haf I started!" Heinrich then buries his head under his arms.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Heinrich
Initiative: +2 Perception: +12 (Greater Darkvision w/ spell) AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch) (better with spells)
HP: 46 Current: 46
BAB: +5 CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (15 ff)
Fort: +6 Reflex: +8 Will: +11 CONC: +21 Special: FIRE RESIST 10
Current Conditions in Effect:
cat's grace - 11 minutes rounds: [one]
Haste - 1 rnd/lv; multi person effect [party of 4 for 11 rounds]
Current Weapon in Hand: WAND: acid arrow
CHARGED ITEMS AND SKILLS:
WAND ACID ARROW: 38/50
Scroll: Summon Monster IV
WAND CURE LIGHT: 50/50
* DRAW FIRE AROUND HIM FROM SOURCE = TO CAMPFIRE OR LARGER
* FIRE JET 9/9 TIME PER DAY 1D6+5 DAM
* DC: 21 REF FOR HALF OR BURN ANOTHER RND FOR 1D6
* AVOID ADDTL DAM BY DC 16 REF SAVE
* DANCING FLAME 5 PER DAY
OTHER
SPELL SPECIALIZATION: FIRE BALL ; GTR SPELL SPECIAL: FIREBALL ; ECTOPLAS SPELL ; SILENT SPELL ; PIERCING SPELL Spells Memorized
Code:
Save DC:          
General: 15 + SL                
Evocation: 17 + SL          
Elemental (Fire): 16 + SL            
Evoc + (Fire): 18 + SL

0 Level              Level 01               Level 02                
* Prestidig.     * feather fall          * See invisibility
* Disrupt Undead * Burning Hands(ev,E,*) * Scorching ray (ev,E)
* Dancing lights * Feather Fall          * Levitate
* acid splash    * ear pierce scream     * Resist Energy
                 * magic missile         * Warding Weapon
                 * Shield                * cat's grace
                 * Expeditious Retreat   * Scorching ray (ev,E)
                 P magic missile         P scorching ray (ev,E)
                 P magic missile         P cat's grace
                 P Shield                P Scorching ray (ev,E)

LEVEL 3                LEVEL 04                LEVEL 05
* Flame Arrow (E)      * summon monster 4 (E)  * lightning arc
* Haste                * stone skin            * Elemental body [E]
* Dispel Magic         * dimension door        * wall of force
* Dispel Magic         * Detonate              * Teleport
* lightning bolt       * Blk Tentacles                      
* Displacement         P summon monster 4 (E)
P Haste

LEVEL 6
* Tar Pool (E)
* Chains of fire
* form of the dragon 1                

[sblock=Book:]
Level 00  
* Resistance * Acid Splash [c] * Detect Magic * Detect Poison * Read Magic * Daze * Dancing Lights
* Flare * Light * Spark * Disrupt Undead * Touch of Fatigue * Mage Hand * Mending * Message
* Open/Close * Arcane Mark * Prestidigitation
Level 01
* Break * Burning Hands (E,*) * Chill Touch * comp lang * Ear piercing scream * Endure Elements (E)  
* enlarge person * expeditious retreat * Feather Fall * Identify * Jump [c] * Magic Missile
* magic weapon * Shield * Touch of the Sea & * Touch of Gracelessness
Level 02  
* Arcane Lock  * Burning gaze (E) * Cat's grace * darkvision * Elemental Touch * Flaming Sphere (E)
* Fox's cunning * Knock * Levitate * Resist Energy * Scorching Ray (E) * See Invisibility
* Spectral Hand * Warding Weapon * false life
Level 03  
* Dispel magic * Displacement * Draconic Reservoir * Fire ball (**,E,ev) * Flame Arrow (E) * Haste
* Lightning bolt (ev) * Tiny Hut * Ablative Barrier [c] * Fly  
Level 04  
* Black tentacles * darkvision, gtr * Detonate * Dimension door * scrying * stone skin
* summ monst IV [E]
Level 05  
* Elemental body II [e] * Feuer vyrm [fire snake] * lightning arc * Summon monster V * Teleport
* Wall of Force
Level 06
* undeath to death * chains of fire * tar pool * sirocco * forceful hand * Form of the dragon I  
[/sblock]

( - ) denotes a cast spell    
(*) cast at +1 level (trait)  
(**) cast at +2 levels (Feat)
(E) elemental: flame school  
(ev) evocation
(A) denotes changed to acid
(&) takes 2 spell slots to cast
(#) recalled via pearl of power
(E,A) denotes 50% fire/50% acid
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=Trixie Stardust, Manufacturer of Falsities and Mistruths]
Character Sheet

HP: 14/14
AC: 12 FF:10 T:12

Perception: +3 Initiative: +2
CMB: 1 CMD: 11
Fort: +2 Reflex: +2 Will: +4

Bluff: 20 Diplomacy: 6 Intimidate: 9
Spellcraft: 5 Use Magic Device: 8

Armed: Light Crossbow +3 d8
Bolts Remaining: 40/40
Unarmed: Morningstar -1 d8-2

Spells Cast Today:

[sblock=Boots, Viper Familiar]
Name: Boots
Species: Viper
Size: Tiny
Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent
Speed: 20 ft.
Climb: 20 ft.
Swim: 20 ft.
Space: 2.5 ft.
Reach: 0 ft.

HD: 2
HP: 7
BAB: +4 [Master (1) + DEX (3)]
CMB: +1
CMD: 8 (can't be tripped)
Initiative: +3

AC: 16 [Dex (3) + Natural (1) + Size (2)]
Touch: 15 [Dex (3) + Size (2)]
Flat: 13 [Natural (1) + Size (2)]

Bite: +3 1d2-2
Poison: Fort DC 9, 1/round for 6 rounds, 1d2 CON, cure 1 save

Fortitude: +1 = [Familiar (2) + CON (-1)]
Reflex: +5 = [Familiar (2) + DEX (3)]
Will: +4 = [Sorceress (3) + WIS (1)]

Climb: +11
Perception: + 9
Stealth: +15
Swim: +11

Improved Evasion: when half damage reflex, 0 on success 1/2 fail[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Inner thoughts]I thought that italics represented thinking, not speaking? I think that might make Trixie's bluff more believable.[/sblock]

Speaking to human-Heinrich, "That surely must be some powerful magic! Much greater than any I 'might' possess." Tapping her foot to accordion rhythm, she spots Devlin across the floor. "Oh look! A little one! In person!" She skips over to him, and drags him by the arm. "Let's dance!" She pulls him over to Heinrich. "You too buddy!" She frolics around the great room, with a ginger in one arm and a halfling in the other.

resrick

First Post
144px-The_Alchemist_by_yuumei.jpg

"Ahhhhh" is all that can be heard from Devlin as he is pulled from his seat and begins being twirled around on the dancing floor. Although he doesn't know the slightest thing about dancing, music, or the likes he finds that he enjoys not only the fanciful rhythm from the Barbaric Bard, but also the fun and laughing of each step of the dance.

[sblock=ministats]Devlin Eldlya

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 26/26
CMB:+2 CMD: 15
Fort: +5 Reflex: +7 Will: +2

Perception: +8
Initiative: +5

Bombs: 7/7
Mutagen Prepared: Dexterity

Extracts Prepared: 1: Targeted Bomb Admixture 2: Cure Light Wound. 3:___ 4:____
Formulae List: Bomber's Eye, Cure Light Wounds, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Targeted Bomb Admixture, Expeditious Retreat, Stone Fist

Used Items: None

Read more: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Devlin_(resrick)
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Aishe Luminitse (Jaelle Nuri)
[section]

The young woman rises from her chair and walks gracefully across the floor into the light of the common room proper. One hand twisting a coal black braid, the other resting lightly on the hilt of the short sword strapped across the small of her back, she slips between the others gathered at the post and takes in the contents of the flyer in a quick glance. "Mmmm. Individuals need not apply, hey? And yet, I need work." She shakes her head, a slight smile pulling gently at the corners of her mouth. "Well, then, there's nothing for it. I'll be needing to find a group of like minded individuals and getting to know 'em, so we can approach this as a group."

She draws back slightly and gives the others gathered around the post an appraising look. "Well, how about it? Any of you thinking you might take on a partner or three?"

[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Taking 10 on Disguise Checks (for a 27).[/sblock]

Initiative: +03
AC: 17 (13 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed)
HP: 38/38
Senses: DarkVision (120’), Low-Light Vision Perception: +07
CMB: +06 CMD: 19
Fort: +05 Reflex: +07 Will: +01
[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Yosephus Errol Smithe, Cleric of Amenthia, the Healing Hand

Seeing the young woman reading the parchment on the bulletin board, the aasimar rises from his chair and cautiously approaches her. "I have been waiting for just such an individual as yourself. Well! My companion Devlin and I have. He is the halfling dancing over there. We have been waiting for others to show interest. You are welcome to wait with us at our table. You would make three. One or two more and we should have enough for a team." He points to the table where he has been watching for others. "By way of introduction I am Yosephus Errol Smithe. I serve my lady Amenthia, the Healing Hand. I bring healing to the team. I will let Devlin introduce himself as well as his skills when he gets done dancing."

[sblock=Yosephus]Yosephus Errol Smithe
AC: 19 (10 flat-footed, 19 touch)
HP: 26/26
CMB: +2 CMD: 12

Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
Perception: +3 Sense Motive: +11
Initiative: +0

Current Weapon in Hand: Morningstar
Channel Energy: 6/6
Spells:
Orisons: Create Water, Guidance, Purify Food and Drink, Resistance
1st Level: Bless, Hide from Undead, Shield of Faith, Cure Light Wounds (Domain)
2nd Level: Lesser Restoration, Silence, Cure Moderate Wounds (Domain)
Domain Powers Remaining Today:
Rebuke Death: 6/6
Resistant Touch: 6/6
Race Features:
Halo Status: OFF
Incorruptible: 1/1[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Stepping into the common room with Melisande, a rather roughed up Charity nods and smiles as the conspicuously taller woman comments on rat-meat in the stew. Her stride is just a bit stiff, although walking seems to be doing it some good. "Oh, I think I've had enough street meat for a lifetime, to be honest," she begins. A moment passes and she adds, "we went through a rough time when I was little."

Looking across the main room of the inn, searching green eyes see not just one but two people apparently interested in something on the bulletin board. "Hunh... odd. I've never seen anyone interested in what gets posted there. If you'll excuse me, Melisande, I'd like to see what has people's attention. Thank you for the conversation and swordplay."

With that, Charity approaches the board, dressed more like a young rake than a somewhat seasoned adventurer. Her sash and the sleeves of her poet's shirt flow with her stride as she approaches, only to stop and read the notice left for the Dunn Wright Inn denizens, bringing herself into the presence of two other interested parties as a consequence. "That's odd," she mutters, under her breath.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Barlo Hawkins, Human Bard

~ At the table beside Ethane ~

Elnefrai_zps89549ca6.jpg

Barlo took a moment to watch the events unfold as the little sorceress was using some minor tricks to play around with the color of drinks from the table nearby. He only shook his head at the antics.

"Some people are amused by the simplest of things. I would not trust the lass, she is a liar," he called over to the gold dragon that was a wizard.

The bard turned back to his new companion and moved his chair over to join him. "Well met, Ethane. No need for limericks. Because if everyone started composing them, then I would be out of a job, eh."

"I am not originally from Venza either. I came here looking for a friend. She was seen here at one point, but could be out on a quest or something. I have been checking to see if she comes back, but I also need to eat so I have been looking for some adventuring type work myself."

"Speaking of eating, I heard the frog legs are a specialty. Have not tried them myself yet. There is also a famously hearty stew."

[sblock=OOC]Taking 10 on Spellcraft and Sense Motive[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +4 Perception: +12
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +9 CMD: 22(20ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +8

Bardic Performances (lingering 2 rnds): 25/25 Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound]
1st Level 7/7 (DC16) [CLW, Feather Fall, Hideous Laughter, Timely Inspiration, Grease, Vanish, Charm Person, Silent Image]
2nd Level 5/5 (DC17) [Sound Burst, Heroism, Glitterdust, Mirror Image, Invisibility, Calm Emotions, Silence]
3rd Level 4/4 (DC18) [Haste, Slow, Phantom Steed, Confusion][/sblock]

Remove ads