[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
~ Out in the common area~ The wolf looks up at the two his master was speaking with, and upon seeing Heinrich, gives another loud snort. Aradra looks up confused at Heinrich and asks "What did you do to make him mad?"

"I mistook him fur a volf who talks und likes beer." *cough* "My mistake."

resrick

First Post
144px-The_Alchemist_by_yuumei.jpg

Seeing Yosephus step over and look at the paper the man had posted. Devlin's curiosity is touched a little. Putting away his notebook he walks over to the bulletin board and takes a peek after Yosephus is finished.

"Hmm...more travelling, a new island to explore, and technologies to discover! WHY NOT!" he proclaims with a large smile on his face. "Lets see what new trouble we can get ourselves into, eiy my friend." He grabs a chair across from Yosephus and strums his fingers on the tabletop waiting for the evening interview.

[sblock=ministats]Devlin Eldlya

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 26/26
CMB:+2 CMD: 15
Fort: +5 Reflex: +7 Will: +2

Perception: +8
Initiative: +5

Bombs: 7/7
Mutagen Prepared: Dexterity

Extracts Prepared: 1: Targeted Bomb Admixture 2: Cure Light Wound. 3:___ 4:____
Formulae List: Bomber's Eye, Cure Light Wounds, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Targeted Bomb Admixture, Expeditious Retreat, Stone Fist

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Used Items: None

Read more: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Devlin_(resrick)
[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
A New Arrival!

~Out in the common area~
[section]

The door on the Dunn Wright creaked open, and in walked another man . The man's hair appears well kept, and both his spear and full plate armor appear in excellent condition and quality. On first glance, one would mistake him for a well armored knight, except for two very odd things. This first is an imprint of a flower with wings upon his breast, as though flying. The second is a pale blue scarf, which covers the man's face. His eyes have the look of a professional, and he carries himself swift of foot, as though the armor was not slowing him down at all.

The man pulls down his scarf, and a clean shaven face appears underneath. He looks around for a spot to sit down, and spies one of the side tables that was recently emptied by the exodus of people. He goes over, sets down his backpack, and patiently awaits for the waitress to come buy. The man kept looking around, curiosity in his eyes. While he seemed experienced, this maybe his first time at the Dunn Wright.

[/section]

[sblock=Ethane Stats]
Ethane Beray
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 83/83
CMB: +07 CMD: 20
Fort: +10 Reflex: +06 Will: +14
Perception: +11
Initiative: +1
Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear +14/+09 1d8+2 20/x3
Current Conditions in Effect:

Used Items:

Level 0 Spells( 3 ): Light, Purify Food and Drink, Stabilize
Level 1 Spells(5+1): Shield*, Bless, Comprehend Languages, Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Protection from Evil
Level 2 Spells(5+1): Barkskin*, Grace, Resist Energy, Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon, Weapon of Awe
Level 3 Spells(3+1): Protection from Energy*, Invisibility Purge, Magic Vestment, Prayer
Level 4 Spells(2+1): Spell Immunity*, Greater Magic Weapon, Freedom of Movement
Level 5 Spells(1+1): Quickened Shield*, Quickened Divine Favor
* Indicates Domain Spell

Extend Rod: 3/3 per Day
Deflection Aura: 1/1: 20' Aura +2 Deflection AC / CMD. Lasts for 9 rounds
Aura of Protection: 9/9: 30' aura; gain +1 deflection bonus, resistance 5 Fire/Electric/Sonic/Acid/Lightning
Channel: 3/3 5d6 30' burst.
[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Yosephus Errol Smithe, Cleric of Amenthia, the Healing Hand

The aasimar nods at the arrival of the halfling. "Ah Devlin! It is good to see you again. I hope there is more interest. I doubt they will count the two of us as a team. Tamarie just left with another group and I heard that Darvus was called away for special training in someplace called the reel wurld. He will be gone for months. We will just have to wait in see if there is more interest before this Hans Mancini arrives this evening for interviews." He returns his attention to the bulletin board and continues to wait.

[sblock=Yosephus]Yosephus Errol Smithe
AC: 19 (10 flat-footed, 19 touch)
HP: 26/26
CMB: +2 CMD: 12

Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
Perception: +3 Sense Motive: +11
Initiative: +0

Current Weapon in Hand: Morningstar
Channel Energy: 6/6
Spells:
Orisons: Create Water, Guidance, Purify Food and Drink, Resistance
1st Level: Bless, Hide from Undead, Shield of Faith, Cure Light Wounds (Domain)
2nd Level: Lesser Restoration, Silence, Cure Moderate Wounds (Domain)
Domain Powers Remaining Today:
Rebuke Death: 6/6
Resistant Touch: 6/6
Race Features:
Halo Status: OFF
Incorruptible: 1/1[/sblock]

resrick

First Post
Barnibus the Beautiful has Arrived!

latest

From outside the doors of the inn, the sound of a man singing can be heard growing louder and louder. The doors to the inn burst open and a giant of a man walks through the door, blonde locks flowing out behind him loose against the wind. His loud singing continues for a few more seconds as everyone turns their faces to acknowledge the young man.

"OH HO my friends. Alas, I am Barnibus the Beautiful, come to your lands to seek adventure and songs! Let us drink this day to the many battles to come and to the glory of the gods for giving us strength to see our foes driven before us and to hear the lamentations of their women!"

Barnibus strolls over to the bar and slaps his hand down on the tabletop with a thump. "My good barkeep, a mug of Ale to soothe my travel parched mouth please. Then once my mouth has been cleansed of the dust, a round of songs for your patrons here from yours truly!"

Barnibus downs his ale in a single draw, turns to go to the stage and finally notices the naked man doing his routine. "By the GODS! What do we have here? A fellow warrior of the song has already beaten me to the merriment." He turns back once more, throws his mug to the ground, and asks for another ale. "I guess I will just have to wait my turn and sing the songs of the gods when my chance arises then!"

Barnibus continues to watch the specticle, waiting for his chance to sing. He looks around the room with a bright smile as well, admiring the vast change he has found in this new land.

[sblock=ministats] Barnibus the Beautiful

AC: 16
HP: 10
CMB: +3 CMD: 15
Fort: +3 Reflex: +3 Will: +2

Perception: +0
Initiative: + 2

Used Items: None
Raging Songs: 5/5
Cantrips: Summon Instrument, Light, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation
Lvl 1: (0/2 used) Cure Light Wounds, Moment of Greatness
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
~ Out Back ~

After a while of sparring, the young Cortesian is looking a bit worn down. Although no rank amateur, she cannot keep up with Melisande's breadth of experience or proficiency in that particular type of blade. When sparring finishes up and turns toward instruction, Charity nods and pays attention to the ins and outs of two handed bladework.

"I see... alright... well, I can't use my present blade this way," Charity pats the hilt of the mithral rapier the wore to the inn that day, "but I will make sure to apply it to the use of other weapons. I could see the weapon of the Bright Lady used in such a fashion, instead of just the classic Venzan single hand style. Thank you."

Fatigued from the activity, Charity suggests, "I think I'm going to need some dinner after that. Yes, a full meal, not just a drink..."

[sblock=stats and stuff]Ya, pretty much sums it up. To make things worse, Charity is only AC 11 right now. In an earlier post, she is described as wearing cotton pants, a poet's shirt and a sash. The only time she's shown up in the DWI fully combat-ready was her first appearance.[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
A sorceress walks into a bar....

[sblock=Trixie Stardust, Manufacturer of Falsities and Mistruths]
Character Sheet

HP: 14/14
AC: 12 FF:10 T:12

Perception: +3 Initiative: +2
CMB: 1 CMD: 11
Fort: +2 Reflex: +2 Will: +4

Bluff: 20 Diplomacy: 6 Intimidate: 9
Spellcraft: 5 Use Magic Device: 8

Armed: Light Crossbow +3 d8
Bolts Remaining: 40/40
Unarmed: Morningstar -1 d8-2

Spells Cast Today:

[sblock=Boots, Viper Familiar]
Name: Boots
Species: Viper
Size: Tiny
Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent
Speed: 20 ft.
Climb: 20 ft.
Swim: 20 ft.
Space: 2.5 ft.
Reach: 0 ft.

HD: 2
HP: 7
BAB: +4 [Master (1) + DEX (3)]
CMB: +1
CMD: 8 (can't be tripped)
Initiative: +3

AC: 16 [Dex (3) + Natural (1) + Size (2)]
Touch: 15 [Dex (3) + Size (2)]
Flat: 13 [Natural (1) + Size (2)]

Bite: +3 1d2-2
Poison: Fort DC 9, 1/round for 6 rounds, 1d2 CON, cure 1 save

Fortitude: +1 = [Familiar (2) + CON (-1)]
Reflex: +5 = [Familiar (2) + DEX (3)]
Will: +4 = [Sorceress (3) + WIS (1)]

Climb: +11
Perception: + 9
Stealth: +15
Swim: +11

Improved Evasion: when half damage reflex, 0 on success 1/2 fail[/sblock][/sblock]

After her long voyage all the way from the Northern Isle, Trixie Stardust walks up to the giant wooden door that provides entrance to the legendary Dunn Wright Inn. Hearing a raucous gathering inside, she timidly knocks, but receives no response. Not the first time she took matters into her own hands, her thin frame struggles but finally manages to open the well-worn hinges on the heavy oaken doors. Here goes nothing...

Trixie is greeted to such a view! So many interesting patrons, different races with there own sizes, shapes, colors, and smells. She had never seen anything like this before. I think I just might fit right in!

Cautiously approaching the bar, Trixie sits down. She is quite the sight with her colorful fashion sense, especially her bright purple wizard's hat. She waits for the bartender, an imposing half-orc named Grog. She orders a water. When no one is looking, she delicately wiggles her fingers at the glass. The the clear water turns a bright shade of pink. Much better!

Trixie turns back to the bartender. "Good evening big guy! What's your name? Mine is Trixie Stardust of course!"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Barlo Hawkins, Human Bard

~ At the table beside Ethane ~

Elnefrai_zps89549ca6.jpg

Barlo had not looked at joining the conversation with the shrewish woman and the other two experienced adventurers by the bar. He had seen the red-headed man and soldier before as regulars, but had not spoken to them.

With some of the inexperienced crew heading out on an excursion there were fewer people to talk with and the newcomer drew more attention than he might have otherwise in his arrival.

Picking up his goblet of wine, he shifted his chair around to address the stranger (Ethane).

“Hey there, friend. I have not seen you in here before… nor have I seen that cute emblem you have there on chest.”

“Barlo Hawkins is my name,”
“Adventuring minstrel of a sort is my game.”
“Some say I am shifty, others declare me nifty,
“Burt spurning my limericks would just be a shame.”

Barlo gave the man one of his incorrigible grins.

[sblock=Barlo’s Description] Barlo has unruly dark brown hair, often kept in a pony tail, with bushy eyebrows and brown eyes. His face is unshaven. He is attractive enough, in a rugged and incorrigible way. He is not quite 6 feet tall and just over 180 pounds. He prefers to wear darker colors, brown and grey. and carries a whip and rapier.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +4 Perception: +12
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +9 CMD: 22(20ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +8

Bardic Performances (lingering 2 rnds): 25/25 Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound]
1st Level 7/7 (DC16) [CLW, Feather Fall, Hideous Laughter, Timely Inspiration, Grease, Vanish, Charm Person, Silent Image]
2nd Level 5/5 (DC17) [Sound Burst, Heroism, Glitterdust, Mirror Image, Invisibility, Calm Emotions, Silence]
3rd Level 4/4 (DC18) [Haste, Slow, Phantom Steed, Confusion][/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Melisande, Paladin

~ Common Room ~

Melisande%20Avatar_zpslnotfw6i.jpg

Melisande cleaned and wiped off the blood from the falchions, sheathing them afterwards. “Certainly, some food and drink are in order. Let us go back inside. I hear there is some hearty stew, allegedly made from rat meat but I have it on good authority that is just a rumor started by the half-orc bartender.”

The paladin accompanied Charity back inside the tavern, returning to the common room instead of the private room they used before. She approached the area where Aradra was talking with a red-headed man and another female warrior. She bent over the wolf and skirched him behind the ears again, not interrupting the conversation already going on.

“Sorry, Shadow. We went outside to play for a bit and left you behind. You probably would have gotten too excited anyway and you friend Aradra might have gotten worried when the steel rang with you barking.”

[sblock=Mini Stats]Melisande
Initiative: +1 Perception: +15 (Darkvision)
AC: 28 (27 flat-footed, 13 Touch) - Currently 18 with Chainshirt
HP: 158 (DR3/-) Current: 158
CMB: +20 CMD: 33(32ff) (+2 vs Sunder/Disarm) Fort: +18 Reflex: +11 Will: +14
Special: Immune to Fear, Disease, Charm
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack (-4Att/+8(12)dmg), Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Aura of Good/Courage/Resolve

Lay on Hands (6d6): 12/12 Remaining
Smite Evil (5x/day, +4 Att, +17 dmg, +4 Deflect AC): 5/5 Remaining
Alter Self: 1/1 Remaining
Divine Bond (+3): 3/3 Remaining
Spells Remaining:
1st Level 4/4+2 Pearls (Protection from Evil, Hero's Defiance, Bless, Divine Favor)
2nd Level 3/3+1 Pearl (Effortless Armor, Blade Tutor's Spirit, Righteous Vigor)
3rd Level 2/2 (Greater Magic Weapon, Greater Magic Weapon)
4th Level 1/1 (Resounding Blows)[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
~Ethane's Table~
[section]

The man with the flower on his chest turns and gives a smile back. "Yes, I am afraid this is my first time in Venza. I have heard of the Dunn Wright before, but this is the first time I've been here. Ethane Beray, at your service." Ethane points to the symbol on his chest "This is the holy symbol of Ruvalra, which is more well known in the farms around Tritower. And, unfortunately, I do not possess the silver tongue to put all that in a limerick, so I'll let you do it for me."

He moves his backpack and longspear to make room for Barlo and says "You are welcome to join me. Do you have any recommendations for food here?"

[/section]

[sblock=Ethane Stats]
Ethane Beray
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 83/83
CMB: +07 CMD: 20
Fort: +10 Reflex: +06 Will: +14
Perception: +11
Initiative: +1
Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear +14/+09 1d8+2 20/x3
Current Conditions in Effect:

Used Items:

Level 0 Spells( 3 ): Light, Purify Food and Drink, Stabilize
Level 1 Spells(5+1): Shield*, Bless, Comprehend Languages, Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Protection from Evil
Level 2 Spells(5+1): Barkskin*, Grace, Resist Energy, Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon, Weapon of Awe
Level 3 Spells(3+1): Protection from Energy*, Invisibility Purge, Magic Vestment, Prayer
Level 4 Spells(2+1): Spell Immunity*, Greater Magic Weapon, Freedom of Movement
Level 5 Spells(1+1): Quickened Shield*, Quickened Divine Favor
* Indicates Domain Spell

Extend Rod: 3/3 per Day
Deflection Aura: 1/1: 20' Aura +2 Deflection AC / CMD. Lasts for 9 rounds
Aura of Protection: 9/9: 30' aura; gain +1 deflection bonus, resistance 5 Fire/Electric/Sonic/Acid/Lightning
Channel: 3/3 5d6 30' burst.
[/sblock]

Remove ads