[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

MerryMortician

Explorer
[sblock=Scroll Transcription]Touch of the Sea has been successfully transcribed into Aelspeth's spellbook.
DC 15 + (1 spell level) = [16]
Take 10 on Spellcraft: 10 + (8 spellcraft) = [18][/sblock]

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
Listening to her compatriots-to-be voice various concerns, Tamarie quietly interjects, "Is a pig really a major concern, here? It's nice to pre-plan your meals, but this seems... overboard."

Turning to Aelspeth, the mixed-blooded woman continues without raising her voice, "Let's not stray towards veiled accusations. We don't know where he was when it happened, how long ago it happened, or the practicality of changing clothes before coming here. I felt his language implied he was relating the story of a first-hand observer--hence the use of a pronoun that excluded himself from the situation." Tamarie shrugs. "Or, perhaps I'm wrong. I still recommend caution, though."

MerryMortician

Explorer
Aelspeth Noromiel, Conjurer

Aelspeth's eyes narrow at Arradon--she is unsure whether she has been insulted. In her parents' tongue, she replies, "I have seen blades forged from lovers' tears and bathed under the threefold moons of our homeland, but I have never climbed ivory steps." She listens as more questions are leveled at the man down the booth.

When the other woman speaks, Aelspeth breaks into a fit of giggles. "Overboard?" she snorts. But such amusement is clipped short by the statements that follow. "Fair enough. I retract my previous question. Mister Glouster, it would seem you have set this mission into motion already, and considered necessary gear. I understand your concerns regarding detection and I gather that many, if not all, of we assembled are capable of discretion. One final question: you mentioned some woman that led the sahuagin troops; can you offer any more details that might aid in her detection and removal?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Melisande, Paladin

~ In a private room ~

Melisande%20Avatar_zpslnotfw6i.jpg

Melisande had listened to the human woman’s tale of her training, noting the similarities and differences. It became clear that Charity was not yet a full paladin by her account.

“So you need training in a sword? Perhaps it is why He has seen that I chanced upon you this day. While Helerion is not the Bright Lady, a champion of one is kindred to a champion of the other in combating the forces of evil.”

“We could step out back and spar for some time if you would like.”

The aasimar paladin had a couple of swords on her weapons belt.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Melisande
Initiative: +1 Perception: +15 (Darkvision)
AC: 28 (27 flat-footed, 13 Touch) - Currently 18 with Chainshirt
HP: 158 (DR3/-) Current: 158
CMB: +20 CMD: 33(32ff) (+2 vs Sunder/Disarm) Fort: +18 Reflex: +11 Will: +14
Special: Immune to Fear, Disease, Charm
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack (-4Att/+8(12)dmg), Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Aura of Good/Courage/Resolve
Current Weapon in Hand: None

Lay on Hands (6d6): 12/12 Remaining
Smite Evil (5x/day, +4 Att, +17 dmg, +4 Deflect AC): 5/5 Remaining
Alter Self: 1/1 Remaining
Divine Bond (+3): 3/3 Remaining
Spells Remaining:
1st Level 4/4+2 Pearls (Protection from Evil, Hero's Defiance, Bless, Divine Favor)
2nd Level 3/3+1 Pearl (Effortless Armor, Blade Tutor's Spirit, Righteous Vigor)
3rd Level 2/2 (Greater Magic Weapon, Greater Magic Weapon)
4th Level 1/1 (Resounding Blows)[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Aishe Luminitse (Jaelle Nuri)
[section]

In a shadowy corner of the Dunn Wright Inn sits a slip of a girl, her nut brown skin and black braids near disappearing into the dim light and the smoke stained wall that is her backdrop. She's been sitting for a while, watching and listening, nursing a glass of dark red wine. It was an interesting place, this Inn. She'd been in and out of Venza on multiple occasions through her eighty plus years, but somehow had never managed to make it into this famous stopover for adventurers and swords for hire.

Hmmm. It may be about time I join the crowd . . . I was hoping work suiting my talents would've walked through the door by now, but I may be hoping in vain.

[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Taking 10 on Disguise Checks (for a 27).[/sblock]

Initiative: +03
AC: 17 (13 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed)
HP: 38/38
Senses: DarkVision (120’), Low-Light Vision Perception: +07
CMB: +06 CMD: 19
Fort: +05 Reflex: +07 Will: +01
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
[section]
~ Out in the common area~
Aradra takes Larissa's hand and shakes firmly. "Strange land indeed. When I heard of the City of Glass and the wonders we found there, I could never have imagined how much different it is than Rorn."

Aradra takes a look around the common area again, and with a small smile says "However, there are plenty of interesting people here. And after being here for nearly 5 years, it is starting to feel more like a home."

[/section]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa shakes the man's hand. "But where are my manners," she chides herself. "This is Heinrich, a mage of great power and a comrade of mine in a recent conflict." She gestures to the wizard.

[sblock=Larissa stat block]
Larissa
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 83 Current: 83
CMB: +10 CMD: 21
Fort: +10 Reflex: +3 Will: +9 (currently wearing Cloak of Protection)
PER Roll: +2
Move: 30’ (w/boots of Striding & Springing)
Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword

Weapons:
+2 Greatsword Attack: +13/+8 = [BAB(6/1) + STR(4) + WF(1) + Magic(2)]
Damage: 2d6+8, Crit: 19-20/x2,
Special: pommel is hollow, contains scripture
Pow Att w/+2 Greatsword Attack: +11/+6 = [BAB(6/1) + STR(4) + WF(1) + Magic(2) +PA(-2)]
Damage: 2d6+14, Crit: 19-20/x2,

Spells prepared:
0 Level (4) Level 01 (4+1) Level 02 (3+1) Level 03 (1+1)
* Detect Magic * Bless * Bull's Strength * Dispel Magic
* Read Magic *Divine Favor l * Grace * D: Heroism
* Light * Detect Evil * Silence
* Guidance * Remove Fear * D: Spiritual Weapon
* D: Shield of Faith

Channeling at current level: Channel 4d6,
DC 17 =(10 + 1/2 Cleric lvl + CHA +2 for Glory) for
Undead to Save. 5x/day, Selective (skip up to 2 targets)

[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
~ Private Room: Sea Sprite ~

[sblock=Francis John III, Self-Proclaimed Halfling Prince]Character Sheet
HP: 16/16
AC: 17 FF:15 T:13
CMB: 1 CMD: 13
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +8 Initiative: +2
Bluff: +13 Diplomacy: +7 S. Motive: +5
Sleight: +7 Stealth: +10
Armed: Light Crossbow +4 1d6
Bolts Remaining: 17/20
Unarmed: Shortsword +3 d4+1
Adaptable Luck: 2/3
[sblock=Bacon, War Pig]HP: 18/18
AC: 14, touch: 10, flat-footed: 14 (+4 natural)
Fort: +6 Ref: +3 Will: +1
Initiative: 0
Defensive Abilities: ferocity
Speed: 40 ft. (30 medium, 20 heavy)
Melee: gore +4 (1d8+4)
CMB: +4 CMD: 14
Skills: Perception +6
Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent[/sblock][/sblock]

"Poor Bacon! Overboard?! Well I'd never....."
This crew should certainly be more lively than the last bunch! "The poor pig, he might have to stay on shore. Hey Shem, if we do a standup job, could there be some sort of monetary bonus Or even some gold in good faith to help us prepare? Or even an advance if you will..." Francis winks at the cherubim, knowing its probably in vain. "And any other secrets about the ship or the inhabitants would undoubtedly be helpful."

[sblock=Diplomacy 11 (not sure if it this should be changing attitude or request.]Diplomacy /w Adaptable Luck +9: 1D20+9 = [2]+9 = 11
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]This should be interesting mix of characters.... 2 rogues, 2 magicians, and a magus? Combat should be fun. FWIW, Francis is absolutely useless in melee :)[/sblock]

Anastrace

First Post
Leira Olren, Master of Martial Arts

NorthShieldmaiden02.jpg

Leira focuses on the remnants of her wine in the glass. She idly rotates it about, while everyone else is moving about. "Another wine please." She continues to swirl the last bits around lost in thought.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The chubby, fat merchant named Shem talks quickly while he whisks out of the tavern with Qalabash Baram, Tamarie, Francis John III, Leira Olren, Aelspeth Noromiel and a very confused Arradon Delgaran in tow. Poor Arradon was swept in as the group came in his direction and all left out the door.

OOC:

[MENTION=40413]GlassEye[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6747658]Aura[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6778347]FrancisJohn[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6700202]Anastrace[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6795047]ealt[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6794573]MerryMortician[/MENTION]

We are starting here, once perrinmiller gets his placeholder post in:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?449770-LPF-The-Sea-Sprite

Last edited:

Remove ads