[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Shem Glouster answers, "The Sea Sprite is just outside the harbor, and I have three men with a large skiff ready to row you to the ship. There are wooden hand holds and rope ladders on the side of the hull, but the skiff also has some grapples and rope just in case."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Melisande, Paladin

~ In a private room ~

Melisande%20Avatar_zpslnotfw6i.jpg

Melisande nodded as the soldier left, leaving his friendly wolf to keep them company. She skirched Shadow behind the ears, seeing that he enjoyed it. “You like that don't you, eh.”

Seeing the words and deed rewarded with tail thumping approval, she smiled over at Charity as she continued the conversation.

“What do you mean about not being allowed a sword? That appears to be odd. You do have training in such a weapon, do you not?”

[sblock=Mini Stats]Melisande
Initiative: +1 Perception: +15 (Darkvision)
AC: 28 (27 flat-footed, 13 Touch) - Currently 18 with Chainshirt
HP: 158 (DR3/-) Current: 158
CMB: +20 CMD: 33(32ff) (+2 vs Sunder/Disarm) Fort: +18 Reflex: +11 Will: +14
Special: Immune to Fear, Disease, Charm
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack (-4Att/+8(12)dmg), Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Aura of Good/Courage/Resolve
Current Weapon in Hand: None

Lay on Hands (6d6): 12/12 Remaining
Smite Evil (5x/day, +4 Att, +17 dmg, +4 Deflect AC): 5/5 Remaining
Alter Self: 1/1 Remaining
Divine Bond (+3): 3/3 Remaining
Spells Remaining:
1st Level 4/4+2 Pearls (Protection from Evil, Hero's Defiance, Bless, Divine Favor)
2nd Level 3/3+1 Pearl (Effortless Armor, Blade Tutor's Spirit, Righteous Vigor)
3rd Level 2/2 (Greater Magic Weapon, Greater Magic Weapon)
4th Level 1/1 (Resounding Blows)[/sblock] [sblock=Preps for Don't Let It Go!]It looks like we are getting close to clearing out some of the folks from the DWI. If you desire to start having Charity socialize with Yosephus, Devlin, and Jaelle Nuri, do not hesitate. Melisande can sit allone with Shadow for awhile. :)
I can always use the time to put finishing touches on the adventure.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram

[section]
Qalabash watches Shem Glouster closely and nods, apparently disabused of all his doubts, when the man completes the full telling of his tale.

"Very well, Master Glouster, I'm your man!" A side glance at the strange, mixed heritage girl whose name he hasn't caught yet and a nod of approval to her and it seems Qalabash is ready to start his new employment. "Who else will rescue this poor man's ship from nefarious underwave pirates? Surely the Prince of Halflings, yes?" The old man's voice rose until it was clearly audible to even the newly arrived, water-drinking man hidden amongst the inn's crowd.
[/section]

ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
Arradon turns to the view the clamor coming from the private booth. Curiosity overcomes his usually cautious nature and he saunters over to the booth. "You might want to speak a little more loudly, old man, I don't think they can quite hear you in Jirago." A thin smile crosses his face as he leans against the side of the booth. He gestures towards the clearly intoxicated merchant. "Your friend here would rather things be kept quiet I believe."
[/section]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]Arradon Delgaran
AC: 15 (12 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB: +0 CMD: 13

Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +0
Perception: +6 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 1d8 (Dagger)
Hidden Blade: +0

Feats: Blind-Fight

Current Weapon in Hand: Dagger +0 (1d4+0, 19-20/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram

[section]
The 'old man' turns to the newcomer. Hearing a familiar lilt in the elf's way of speaking and seeing the dark cloak and armor (the better to hide the bloodstains, he supposes) he stammers a bit as he cuts off a flippant reply and forces a somewhat friendly smile. When he speaks his tone is significantly lower and in a Goti dialect of the Inner Sea tongue (still comprehensible to anyone who knows Inner Sea).

"I am not so old, friend." Switching back to Venzan, the common tongue of the region, he continues. "I am Qalabash Baram of the Rundaine-Rel. The wagons of my adopted family rolled far to the east and welcomed the kholani, allies of the elves, in their midst."

He turns to Shem Glouster. "Master Glouster, if you can, you should persuade this one to join in this endeavor. I am sure he has... skills. Now, since your task seems to come with a time constraint, I suggest we get moving."
[/section]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
~ In a Private Room ~

"Oh, well," Charity begins, thinking a moment, "I guess not all the other deities have pronouncements like that. It's based on a number of scriptures in the book of Dawn, including the observation that we need to be ready to defend family and community, the extolment of skill in arms pursuant of that observation, and the identification of the longsword as being a direct gift from the Bright Lady, herself. As such, the church requires that anyone in its employ or service should have competence in the longsword as a prerequisite for carrying the blessed blade."

Chest heaving, the red-headed Venzan sighs. "Alright, so this in mind, every priest, paladin, crusader or whatever trained by the church automatically undergoes training in the use of the longsword. By the time they graduate, they are automatically considered having competence in the weapon as a fulfillment of the holy texts. Thus, they are allowed to use the weapon, definitionally.

"The temple guards are a bit different. With a more widely varied martial background, the guards find themselves in the position of having to actually earn their sword. The determination of who is considered competent and who is not is left to the head guard, who is currently Anton Torelli. The ones judged qualified are the bulk of the front line fighters. The rest become the second rank fighters, archers, and the like.

"Enter into this picture little Charity. My sister did her best to raise me as she could, and part of that was using the church as a resource whenever she could. Thus, I was enrolled in the church school, and as I got older and the crowd thinned out a bit, found myself in even the smaller classes where the priests and such received their teachings. However, my sister was not interested in the martial aspects, so I never took any of the classes for that sort of thing. She wanted me to be a young lady." To make a point, Charity performs a mock curtsey.

"However, my brothers had other ideas. Our neighborhood, while not as wild and dangerous as The Planks, had a bit of a rough side to it. When not in school, I ran with them and their friends. We played stick-ball, pranked shop-keepers, got in fights--nothing surprising, really. Well, except they drug me into it. They settled down as they grew older, but also developed an interest in army stuff and armed training. And I went along with that as well. So as much as my sister was trying to make me into a lady, my brothers were trying to teach me to hold my own in a dark alleyway."

"By the time I turned sixteen, I didn't want to be dependent on other people for my very existence, any more. Without my sister's approval or even knowledge, I asked to join the church guards. Being that I was a known quality with proper education and an apparent willingness to do the work at hand, I was accepted. However, my size... other factors... have made it difficult to be taken seriously, and I have not been deemed competent in the weapon of The Bright Lady yet, and hold the relatively protected position of the second rank pole-arm fighter, instead. And that's when I'm not on other duties, such as greeter, which involves a colorful tunic and a friendly smile more than a practiced step and a strong swing."

A bit of silence washes over the room as Charity finishes her long explanation. Seeming a bit sheepish as she twirls her hair around her finger, she adds, "I'm sorry. I kinda got carried away. Hopefully I managed to answer the question in the midst of all that."

Last edited:

MerryMortician

Explorer
Aelspeth Noromiel, Conjurer

Aelspeth holds up a hand as if to hold Qalabash in place, obviously unthinking of the gesture's rudeness. She asks of Glouster, "How involved are you with the voyaging and bartering aspects of your trade? Your previous description seems to place you on deck when the attack occurred. I find it queer that your clothing--while practically indecent, gods be with you, that stain is never coming out...Hmm, where was I? Oh, your clothing is not wet. Your crewmen were diving into the sea to save their "gullets", were they not? How ever did you escape in one piece?"

The young elf has a great many questions but limits herself, allowing the man opportunity to respond. She waves delicately when Trixie passes. "Excuse me, Miss." The barmaid sets a mug down in front of a surly man at a nearby table before drawing near. "I've just come into the city and am famished off the road. Would you please bring a duck breast and a tall blush?" Trixie raises an eyebrow. She opens her mouth to speak but Aelspeth blurts, "Or whatever is the house special this evening."

[sblock=Scroll Transcription]Vanish has been successfully transcribed into Aelspeth's spellbook. I need to finish adjusting her character sheet.
DC 15 + (1 spell level) = [16]
Take 10 on Spellcraft: 10 + (8 spellcraft) = [18]
Over the next two days, unless the adventure begins, she'll continue to copy spells over, burning scrolls collected on the journey to Venza. First will be Touch of the Sea, then Ant Haul.[/sblock]​

ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
Arradon snickers at the elven girl's lack of civility. He addresses her in elven, "I'm surprised you could see all that from way up in your ivory tower, little sister."
He reverts to Venzan and turns back to Qalabash, "Well then Qalabash, I am Arradon Delgaran, and I suppose I could use some time out of the city. If your friend, the merchant here, approves." As he gestures toward the merchant his arm seems to spasm at the shoulder; his cup falls from his grasp to the tavern floor below with a loud clatter.​
[/section]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]Arradon Delgaran
AC: 15 (12 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB: +0 CMD: 13

Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +0
Perception: +6 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 1d8 (Dagger)
Hidden Blade: +0

Feats: Blind-Fight

Current Weapon in Hand: Dagger +0 (1d4+0, 19-20/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None[/sblock]

Last edited:

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Aye, I am of Rorn," she introduces herself, extending her hand. "Larissa Kondred, servant of Lady Kamara. A pleasure to meet a countryman in this strange land."

[sblock=Larissa stat block]
Larissa
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 83 Current: 83
CMB: +10 CMD: 21
Fort: +10 Reflex: +3 Will: +9 (currently wearing Cloak of Protection)
PER Roll: +2
Move: 30’ (w/boots of Striding & Springing)
Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword

Weapons:
+2 Greatsword Attack: +13/+8 = [BAB(6/1) + STR(4) + WF(1) + Magic(2)]
Damage: 2d6+8, Crit: 19-20/x2,
Special: pommel is hollow, contains scripture
Pow Att w/+2 Greatsword Attack: +11/+6 = [BAB(6/1) + STR(4) + WF(1) + Magic(2) +PA(-2)]
Damage: 2d6+14, Crit: 19-20/x2,

Spells prepared:
0 Level (4) Level 01 (4+1) Level 02 (3+1) Level 03 (1+1)
* Detect Magic * Bless * Bull's Strength * Dispel Magic
* Read Magic *Divine Favor l * Grace * D: Heroism
* Light * Detect Evil * Silence
* Guidance * Remove Fear * D: Spiritual Weapon
* D: Shield of Faith

Channeling at current level: Channel 4d6,
DC 17 =(10 + 1/2 Cleric lvl + CHA +2 for Glory) for
Undead to Save. 5x/day, Selective (skip up to 2 targets)

[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=Francis John III, Self-Proclaimed Halfling Prince]Character Sheet
HP: 16/16
AC: 17 FF:15 T:13
CMB: 1 CMD: 13
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +8 Initiative: +2
Bluff: +13 Diplomacy: +7 S. Motive: +5
Sleight: +7 Stealth: +10
Armed: Light Crossbow +4 1d6
Bolts Remaining: 17/20
Unarmed: Shortsword +3 d4+1
Adaptable Luck: 3/3
[sblock=Bacon, War Pig]HP: 18/18
AC: 14, touch: 10, flat-footed: 14 (+4 natural)
Fort: +6 Ref: +3 Will: +1
Initiative: 0
Defensive Abilities: ferocity
Speed: 40 ft. (30 medium, 20 heavy)
Melee: gore +4 (1d8+4)
CMB: +4 CMD: 14
Skills: Perception +6
Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent[/sblock][/sblock]

As the others continue their conversation, no one has noticed that Francis has passed out. Apparently he had drifted off into the magical wonders of slumberland. Qalabash's voice finally awakes him. "Damn that Grog! I bet he slipped some of his good stuff into my drinks.... oh yes, count me in for everything."

"I am ready to leave with everyone else, but I have one question of my own first.... how do we get my pig on board?"

[sblock=OOC]Apparently thread email notifications haven't been working for me, so I thought everyone was just busy IRL. Shows me to trust the internet![/sblock]

Remove ads