• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
Amber eyes watch the interaction between the Ungalla and Rak'tan intently, until the point where both have left the inn. "A job I was not destined to have," Tamarie observes, then takes a sip of wine from her flute. Looking back towards her tablemates, she adds, "Could be a long night."

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]Francis John, III - Self-Proclaimed Prince of All Halflings

Francis wants to keep the wagons rolling. He shouts to the back. "Heyyo Groggo! I have a special request for you. Whiskey. Dragon Punch." He lays out a fat ten piece upon delivery of the festive brew. Right as the liquor was about to hit his lips, Boots the snake quickly takes a peck at the back of his neck. "What the devil you useless piece of animated rope!" The snake flickers his tongue. Genuine remorse fills the halfling. The snake continues to hiss in his ear. "Oh, right then."

He turns to all seated around him at the bar. "I must bid you all adieu. Something has come up. I am certain we shall meet again, under even finer circumstances. Lady Tamarie and Sir Qalabash, I have truly enjoyed every aspect of our journey to see the sprite and back. May you never encounter another hag again! The rest of my new friends, I hope to see you again soon. Sorry Grog, gotta run!" Francis sloppily hops off his stool, stumbles across the room and runs out the door. The mug was still in his hand. He unties his pig outside, and rides him through the night to the Mystic Pearl.

[/section]

[sblock=MiniStats]
Character Sheet

HP: 21/21

AC: 14 FF:12 T:13
CMB: 1 CMD: 13
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +3 (+2 Fear)

Initiative: +2

Bluff: +17
Perception: +10

Shortsword +3 d4+1
Light Crossbow +4 1d6

Bolts Remaining: 17/20
Adaptable Luck: 3/3

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Spark
Level 1: Hypnotism, Sleep

[sblock=Boots, Viper Familiar]
HP: 10/10

Initiative: 3
AC: 17 FF: 14 T:15
CMB: +1 CMD: 8
Fort: +1 Ref: +6 Will: +3

Melee: bite +3 (1d2-2)
Poison: Fort DC 9, 1/round for 6 rounds, 1d2 CON, cure 1 save

Climb: +16,
Perception: +10
Stealth: +20
Swim: +16
Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent[/sblock]
[sblock=Bacon, War Pig]
HP: 18/18

Initiative: 0

AC:
14 FF: 14 T:10
CMB: +4 CMD: 14
Fort: +6 Ref: +3 Will: +1

Melee
: gore +4 (1d8+4)
Defensive Abilities: ferocity

Speed
: 40 ft. (30 medium, 20 heavy)

Skills: Perception +6
Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent[/sblock][/sblock]

ealt

Explorer
Maenor Thandgur

[section]

Maenor casually observes the goings-on near the bar. After the great flurry of activity comes to an end he lets out a small sigh. He reaches for his already opened wine bottle and refills his glass. He takes a drink with just a hint of a grimace and seems to be enjoying the new-found silence in Francis' absence. At Tamarie's quip about the night he lets out a chuckle, "That it could indeed." Pausing to take another sip he adds, "Is it always so busy around here?"
[/section]

[sblock=Maenor Thandgur Mini-Stats]Maenor Thandgur
AC: 15 (11 flat-footed, 14 touch)
CMB: +0
CMD: 14

Fort: +3
Reflex: +3
Will: +3

Knowledge (Arcana): +7
Knowledge (History): +8
Perception: +2
Spellcraft: +7
Use Magic Device: +4

Arcane Pool: 4/4

Concentration: +6

Prepared Spells:
Cantrips (DC 13)
• Acid Splash
• Light
Level 1 (DC 14)
• Chill Touch

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
"Last time I was here, there was some strange man pantomiming on the stage," Tamarie begins, pointing to the stage as if to clarify. "Caused quite a stir. I think he might have been part of some kind of cult or something. Anyway, it may not always be exciting in here, but it has its moments."

Switching subjects, Tamarie adds, "I get the feeling Grog, the bartender, is some sort of veteran. I have never asked directly about it."

Last edited:

MerryMortician

Explorer
Caius Aurelius, Soldier of Amenthia

The front entrance to the Dunn Wright Inn, a certain Portal to Destiny in its own right, never seems to remain closed long. A man robed and hooded in white enters. He stops just inside the door to lean a peculiar item against the wall. It is a farm implement, specifically a scythe, stripped with lime and painted white. It is starkly out of place within the walls of Venza.

Weapon stowed, the man walks to the bar. He leans forward, forearms over the edge of the countertop ending in a pair of clasped hands. The palms press callus-to-callus, fingers interlocked, until some sort of agreement is reached and one hand is extended toward the half-orc veteran on the other side. A moment later the man in white holds a glass of wine to his lips. It empties rapidly and is refilled. Something about the figure's posture makes it clear he is waiting.

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
Amber eyes watch the exchange between the bartender and the scythe carrying newcomer. Turning back to Meanor, Tamarie adds, "It is as if I sit watching destiny roll along in a codified set of rules as they pertain to each denizen individually. Clearly we did not share it with the red-skinned demonkin. Perhaps we share it with him," she points towards Caius before continuing. "Or perhaps only one of us does, and the other walks a separate path. Time will tell."

ealt

Explorer
Maenor Thandgur

[section]

"Such is the strange and twisted hand of fate, yes?" A light smile touches his lips. "I find it best not to focus too much on the machinations of fate. Whether it exists or not, our actions do not change. All we can do is what we feel is right and hope for the best."
[/section]

[sblock=Maenor Thandgur Mini-Stats]Maenor Thandgur
AC: 15 (11 flat-footed, 14 touch)
CMB: +0
CMD: 14

Fort: +3
Reflex: +3
Will: +3

Knowledge (Arcana): +7
Knowledge (History): +8
Perception: +2
Spellcraft: +7
Use Magic Device: +4

Arcane Pool: 4/4

Concentration: +6

Prepared Spells:
Cantrips (DC 13)
• Acid Splash
• Light
Level 1 (DC 14)
• Chill Touch

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Pirvinia4_zpsd6ee1686.jpg
Farziel_zpsaihyrbov.jpg

Pirvinia entered the tavern after being gone for a few weeks. She had completed another quest and had taken a vacation afterwards. During her time off she had acquired a new companion, letting the faithful thrush go to live a simpler life than one of danger.

So it was that a smaller female figure with red and black skin, thin leathery wings and horns sprouting from either side of her temple followed her into the tavern. Far’ziel smelled of some brimstone and smoke. It was hard to tell in the dimness of the tavern, but she was actually giving off the smoke in faint wisps.

“So, mistress, is this where spend your time looking for work?” the smaller woman asked.

Pirvinia nodded with a smile, “Yes, this is where would be adventurers come. They can swap stories, professional knowledge, and compare exploits. And anyone looking for some special talents for hire can advertise and find those of us that can do what others cannot.”

Far’ziel gestured towards the door, “Exploits like the one that resulted in an ugly wolf head on a pike outside?”

Pirvinia had a look of disapproval and nodded, “Yes, that would be someone’s idea of a trophy. Rather barbaric if you ask me.”

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+9, Perception: +10 (12 with Far'ziel)
AC: 17 (21 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 14, Flat-footed 14)-> 21 with Mage Armor
HP:
56 Current: 56
CMD: 16, Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +9
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor

Weapon in Hand: None
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 8/8, 2nd Level: 8/8, 3rd Level 8/8, 4th Level 5/5

Far'ziel
Initiative:
+6 Senses: darkvision; Perception: +12
AC: 26 (Touch 15, flat-footed 22) -> 30 with Mage Armor
HP:
28 Current: 22
Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +6
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor, Immune Fire, Vulnerable to Cold, DR5/Magic
SLAs: 1x/Hour--Scorching Ray [Att: +7, dmg: 4d6],
1/day--heat metal (DC 14), summon (level 2, 1 fire mephit 25%)
Weapon in Hand: 2 Claws [Att: +6, dmg: 1d3+1]
Special Attack: Breath Weapon (15-ft cone, 1d8 fire, DC13 half, every 4 rounds)

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC: 13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP: 15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
"Yes, we do our best. Sometimes our immediate questions are simple, such as can we be more than the sum of our parts? What do we do with our ability? Things of this nature." With that, Tamarie looks about the room, her eyes scanning over the newcomers: one man at the bar, and a woman and her companion just having entered, finally coming to rest upon the small, flaming creature. "My, what nature of being is this?" she asks, to no person in particular.

Remove ads