• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka, Human female Summoner

"This man, he is saying he is wishing to kill someone when his friend arrives. Should we not call to the city guard?" The small woman looks rather alarmed and places her hand on the toothy steel weapon she carries.

"Sister," interrupts the barmaid, Marla, "he is not going to murder someone. Now, you gonna take your hand off that meat tenderizer and order something?"

She blinks but since no one else around seems worried about murderous Tengu she places her hands primly in her lap. "I am still not understanding," she murmurs. She shakes her head 'no' when the burly man with the panther asks her if she is interested in the job. Her already pale skin pales further when another Tengu arrives.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I like the idea of establishing a set of communal NPCs, I'll add Marla to the first post - good use of her btw GE I'd give you Xp if I could.[/sblock]

Bertious

First Post
Cethyn-Ayah

Cethyn-Ayah opens his beak about to reply as the Tengu walks in causing him to pause and look intently at the newcomer. He stares for several seconds before muttering "Nope not Git-Git awkk." He nods his head towards Bozzago and speaks in a raucous cawing language [sblock=Tengu]"Greetings brother i am Cethyn-Ayah would you care to join me for some food and perhaps a drink while i await a friend?"[/sblock]

Returning his attention to the young lady he attempts to explain with gestures and words. "Awwk No not kill," gesturing the act of cutting a throat as he speaks, "murder," as he gestures to everyone in the bar. "There be a big difference even fledglings knows."

Mahorfeus

First Post
To almost anybody else, the raucous sounds Cethyn-Ayah made would have been complete nonsense, and quite frankly, might have been taken to be quite annoying. Such was the nature of the Tengu dialect. Bozzago turned to the Tengu, habitually suspicious of others, even those of his own race. Nonetheless, he tended to enjoy their company far more than that of others. Looking to him, Bozzago responded in kind, his dialect of Tengu sounding slightly different from Cethyn-Ayah's, but otherwise identical.
[sblock=Tengu]"Greetings friend, I am Bozzago - I would be much obliged to join you."[/sblock]
Seating himself at the fellow Tengu's table, Bozzago caught a tidbit of the conversation he was having, something of killers and murderers.

"Too true," he remarked, a tad too familiar with the act of murder himself - or at least, it's what it felt like to him.

[sblock=OOC]Gotta love that language barrier.[/sblock]

Ravenath

First Post
Ravenath, human fighter 1

-So, we have now two birdmen. -Ravenath was sitting besides the first tengu- So, how is called your people? I mean... the bird people like you. Please, understand that I have been in my town for too long. I don't know how it's called the race of half the people in this inn -and smiles, trying to not offend the two tengus with his speech.

Then, the owner of the black cat said something about a job in the back room.
-What do you say, Mister? Anybody needs help?

Vistarius

First Post
Git Git wasn't quite as tall as his childhood friend, nor was he nearly as refined. His simple traveler's cloak and outfit barely protected him from the elements. Not that it was a harsh environment, but it was important to note for the fledgling adventurer. The light crossbow on his back seemed bigger on his frail form, but it would probably be the least noticeable part of his attire. The Falcata, a curved blade, was on his hip, but a scorpion placed itself on his shoulder beneath his robes. Despite the clothing, the scorpion would be noticeable.

Walking through the doors and darting past the various patrons, he would find his friend and another Tengu. Looking them both over, he'd give a cautious look to this other "fellow".

Tengu:
Ah brother, I see you're doing well. Who's this fellow? You look stronger, more important than I last saw you.

It was excited chibbering and other various noises. He was glad to see the Tengu again, and was more than a little curious of the newcomer.

Bertious

First Post
Cethyn-Ayah

Glancing at the human seated with him he replies "Aawk this one and Bozzago be Tengu!" He looks as if he is about to continue as the third Tengu enters the inn causing him to pause.

Suddenly he stands releasing a joyous, "Rawk! Git-Git arrives!" Before continuing in the cacophonous noise that serves as his native
tongue.

[sblock=Tengu] "Brother it does me good to see you again you also seem to have grown in wisdom and knowledge if not stature. [/sblock]
He gestures to the Tengu he is sat with and then to the human.
[sblock=Tengu]This fine Tengu is Bozzago i have yet to get to know him well but i admire his taste in bladecraft. I have not caught the name of the human yet as my grasp of the human tongue seems somewhat weaker than i had thought."[/sblock]

Mahorfeus

First Post
Bozzago

"Awh, so you are Git-Git."

It had been some time since Bozzago had associated with Tengu other than himself; despite the unfamiliarity among them, he found comfort in being among his brethren. And they have not the look of cutthroats... he silently observed, noticing the strange lump on Git-Git's shoulder. Something resembling a mixture of relief and envy passed over him - to think that a Tengu could make more for himself than a life of crime! Refocusing himself, Bozzago nodded to Cethyn-Ayah's friend, switching back to his birdlike language.

[sblock=Tengu]"Your friend here was kind enough to offer me a seat and some company."[/sblock]

At last, the Tengu turned his attention to a topic that had been repeatedly mentioned, speaking in Common more clearly than Cethyn-Ayah, but still with the evident tone of his own dialect.

"What is this work I keep hearing of? Has it to do with this 'murdering' and 'killing' I hear of?"

He was genuinely interested in finding a way to put his skills to good use for once, but given the leaf he had turned not long ago, the answer to the latter question would greatly affect his decision. Of course, the two other Tengu seemed like decent enough people - Bozzago felt that he should know, having been an indecent person not so long ago.

Remove ads