• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Vistarius

First Post
(How are you doing the Tengu language in a spoiler tag? It's not working for me.)

He looked from his friend to the human, and then to the new Tengu. Performing a sweeping bow, he'd do the equivalent of a Tengu smirk and introduce himself.

Common:
"As he has said, I am Git-Git. I have a bit of a knack for the common language, a talent that most Tengu are said to have, but I possess it a bit stronger than most."

Elven:
"If you-"
Dwarven:
"Know-"
Goblin:
"What-"
Tengu:
"I'm saying..."
Common:
"It's nice to meet you."

After this quick, but flashy display he will pay some more attention to the words that have been mentioned. He was in a good mood, and though something seemed to unnerve him about this particular introduction, he couldn't place his fingers on it. At the word of "murder" and "kill", he'd pay extra attention.

Common:
"Murder? As in a group of crows, or the despicable act of removing someone from this world?" While he wasn't nearly as eloquent as he pretended to be, he had picked up a few words. The scorpion beneath his cloak shifted uncomfortably, as if it were keeping an eye out for him.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka, Human female Summoner

The girl at the end of the bar has clearly been listening in on their conversation because she suddenly says, "What?! Oh, thank goodness! Here I am thinking that everyone in this city is mad. A murder of crows." She shakes her head but looks quite relieved.

Ravenath

First Post
Ravenath, human fighter 1

-So... Tengu is the name of your kind. I have to thank you for the lesson, my friend. Now, if you excuse me, It seems I have business to attend. Farewell -and the tall blonde guy makes a reverence at the three tengu. Then, he leaves this main room of the inn to enter the back room.

Bertious

First Post
Cethyn-Ayah

"Group?" Cethyn-Ayah repeats almost seeming to taste the word as he considers it, "Group... Awkk yes group that is the word this one wanted!" Dipping his beak into his drink again before acknowledging the departing human, "This one and Git-Git maybe join you back there soon Awkk."

Gesturing to Git-Git to take the now vacant seat he asks "Would Git-Git like some meat and cider? How be... awk what..." stopping in frustration as it seems he can't find the words before resorting to Tengu once again
[sblock=Tengu]"Appologies brothers i just can't seem to find the right words in human. How fares the clan Git-Git i have not had news of them in some time and where did you get the pet?"[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
A moment after the blond fellow makes his exit, the bard pokes his head out the door and looks around the common room briefly. He then puts the 'Occupied' sign on the doorknob and ducks back inside, the door closing firmly behind him.

OOC: Recruiting for 'Crypt of the Everflame' is closed, unless one of the potential players decides the adventure is not for him.

Mahorfeus

First Post
Bozzago, Tengu Rogue

Bozzago emitted the rough equivalent of a chuckle as Git-Git showed off his skill, demonstrating knowledge of several languages he himself could not understand for the life of him. Only on the other Tengu's definition of 'murder' did it finally hit him.

"Murder of crows? Aw-haw, at times it would appear that I'm not nearly as fluent in the common tongue as I think I am. Murder indeed!"

The question had become one of linguistics rather than philosophy - the slight bit of unease that had come over him slipped away. Realizing that the other two Tengu are close friends, Bozzago opts to leave them be so they could catch up, attempting to stop himself from listening in. Scanning the inn once again, he notices the bard not-so-subtly marking the back door occupied.

Looks like I lost my chance. Next time, perhaps.

He fidgeted slightly, before appearing to space out at the table quietly.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=Mahorfeus]Sorry about that - my set up for this one will only allow four. If this one goes well it opens up a path for a couple more modules that I'm interested in running as well, so possibly one of those will work out for you down the road.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
(How are you doing the Tengu language in a spoiler tag? It's not working for me.)

OOC: s block or spoiler block
[ sblock=(name or purpose) ] information here [ /sblock ]
but you remove the spaces at the insides of the [ and ]

anlo if you see something that you would like to know how to do, you can hit quote and see the commands they used such as the [color=(hexadecimal number here) ] that you amy see on occasion.

galahad0430

First Post
A tall, slender man steps through the doors of the inn and looks about the common room. His sharp featured face has a slight frown on it as he locates a small table near a wall and heads towards it. Though his clothes are rather plain, they are well tailored and of an expensive cut. The ornate hilt of his thin sword flashes as he walks, reflecting the light sources of the room. His dark hair and dark eyes give him an almost predatory look which is further enhanced by the long scar running across his face.
Sitting at the table, he waits for the serving girl to come near and says to her,
"I hear there may be patrons here wishing to hire people with certain skills. Are there any here now?"
He looks up at the girl expectantly.

Remove ads