[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Grayn

First Post
((“Mistress Halfling, would you do me the honor and join my table?”)) Dame Morrogrim asked the newly arrived halfing in the impressive armor in perfect Halfing, but without any accent or hint of regional dialect. ((“There is far too much of this fine fare for only me and you seem to be a person that would do this modest meal its proper respect.”))

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Lyrra crinkles her face in the cutest fashion as she hears Amien say that he has never seen a perfect woman right to a woman's face. That is about as close as it comes to committing suicide in Lyrra's opinion. "Ouch thats gonna hurt." she says in a bit of a mumble.

When the Dame spoke to her, Lyrra looks over at the table with all the lavish food (at least lavish compared to what Lyrra is used to eating) on it and grimaces yet again and then shouts out to the rest of the room "Food free for all, courtesy of... pardon, whats your name?" she asks Dame Morrigrim as an after thought.

Last edited:

soulnova

Explorer
Looking over to Galandra as she describes her sister, Amien scratches his cheek and his eyes trail upward as he tries to think, the features described seeming too good to be true, "What you describe sounds like a perfect woman, and I know for sure I've never seen a perfect woman up close." He won't admit he isn't sure what roses smell like compared to other smelly plants. "The fame part will be easy for her to find.. Myself, I don't care much about fame. I don't even need to be rich, just not so poor."

"The perfect woman?" Galandra chuckles "Perhaps..." she's half way her ale. "Not so poor is as good as any other motivation, I guess" she nods. "Myself... well, I like helping people. I do not really need the money for myself, but it comes handy for these jobs. This bow-" she points at her Masterwork Composite Longbow "-it would have required mine and my father's earnings of a whole year. We earned more than triple of that in our little trip."

WindCrystal

First Post
Amien is still alive and well despite being capable of risking his life through anything he says. He begins drinking his ale while being spoken to, almost doesn't notice the halfling from the corner of his view, but when he does he does notice her equipment and her appealing features. Setting down his drink, he says, "I hope that Blackreef lady still thinks she's only worth 10 platinum coins. I got a good deal for sure."

Grayn

First Post
((“Apparently, fine wear and trinkets do not always convey an appreciation of hospitality, even with Halflings.”)) Dame Morrowgrim says again in perfect Halfling tongue.

“My name is Dame Sienna Morrowgrim. You may call me Dame Morrowgrim.” She coolly explains to the armored Halfling in Common. “You may also help yourself to a serving of my offering and take it wherever or to whoever you wish, but I am not a canteen and I am fully capable of making my own invitations, if you please. If you wish to converse civilly and enjoy my generosity, then sit and try to act like you have some manners.”

DalkonCledwin

First Post
speaking in the dialect of her people Lyrra says with a weird grin on her face (("My sincere apologies. I had not realized you were so presumptuous as to offer food to a servant of Amenthia, but not to that servant's wards.")) She then turns her attention to the rest of the room and says in common and in a louder voice, "My apologies, I spoke out of turn, it appears that this good lady does not wish to share her food after all."

[sblock=Amenthia]Goddess of Healing, the Sick, Destitute, Doctors, Healers, Herbalists, and those who can't fully care for themselves (i.e. Adventurers without a Cleric)[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Not that it will come up since Player vs. Player Combat is illegal in LPF, and since Lyrra is currently in the Limbo that is NPC Status until such time as my character Tonris' current adventure ends and I can retire him... but I thought you might want to know that Lyrra is currently sitting on approximately 6 levels of experience as a Paladin. All that gear I described is of a magical nature of one sort or another. The Chainshirt she is wearing, is a +1 Mithral Chain Shirt XD[/sblock]

Last edited:

Grayn

First Post
Dame Morrogrim pauses and looks expressionlessly at the Paladin halfling. She then picks up the stack of cards, quickly shuffles them and sets them back on the table. Lifting one card from the stack, she turns it over and sets it on the table.

[sblock=Card] r52.jpg [/sblock]

Briefly looking at the card, her lips purse and the corners turn down slightly.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Despite the fact that Lyrra is not as wizened as some of her mentors would have liked, that says nothing for the fact that she is incredibly perceptive. She has the pinpoint senses of a Hawk and can hear things on the bottom of a Canyon all the way from the top of the cliff face. That said, she clearly hears what Amien doesn't appear to want her to hear, which prompts her to say "Figured what out?" while looking straight at him.

Then noticing the card that Dame Morrogrim has pulled out she says "OOOH what's that?"

Grayn

First Post
Dame Morrogrim suddenly stands up and walks closer to the Paladin and the two at the bar.

“I believe we may have started off poorly and, I fear, it may be my fault.” Dame Morrogrim pauses and looks at each of the three. The sun shining through the windows shows that the woman’s outfit may be considered less fine as some may have first realized, showing wear and a bit thread bear in areas, but made sturdy enough to withstand the abuse of travel.

“Since my patron is still in my debt, allow me to present a peace offering of sorts,” she turns to the bar “barkeep, a round for my three friends, please!”

She turns back to her table and says over her shoulder, “Contrary to local belief, a seat is at my table is open to anyone…as long as they make an attempt at manners.” She winks slyly with a smile in the Paladin’s direction, as she slides back into the booth.

Remove ads