• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg apparently lost in thought looks around him to discover he is alone. Quickly he grabs his staff and heads out the door as fast as his short legs can carry him.

ryryguy

First Post
Ingot finally finishes its glass of wine. It looks around the room. Hmm... seems empty all of a sudden. Where did everybody go?

Shrugging, it turns back to the bar and signals the bartender. Another one of each, please. Again, it sniffs at the two drinks, then picks up the wine glass and drains it in a gulp. It takes a small sip from the mug of ale.

For a while, it continues to sip the ale slowly, from time to time turning its glowing red gaze to the front door. Hopefully someone will need my service soon...

Kalidrev

First Post
A Bugbear walks into a bar...

Stahbur walks through the front doors of The Hanged Man and takes a look around.

"Ishk empty, Shtah-buer..." the voice in his head spoke. "How you ist to getting vork vhen no vhan ishk here?"

Ever since the incident on The Silent Serpent, when he dove into the ocean to save his own skin, he has had a "visitor" inside his mind. Whether he was possessed by someone (something?) or simply going insane he didn't know, but he had taken to quietly speaking to "it" when no-one was around (or he thought no one else could hear him).

"They'll be here. You heard the captain of the trading ship we were on. He said to go to The Hanged Man to look for work. He never mistreated us while we were on his ship, I see no reason for any mistrust now."

Stahbur made his way over to one of the many empty tables and sat himself in a chair facing the doorway and winced slightly at the squeak of wood and metal from his chair, hoping it would hold up under his weight.

"Grabink an ozair chai-er vould be vise... vatty." The voice snickered, and Stahbur's left eye twiched in anger. While it was probably right, he never tolerated insults from anyone and hated that he had to put up with it now.

"Shut up and keep quiet. If anyone sees me talking to you, we'll never get a job."

The voice went silent, which meant that it either listened to his command...or he was simply having a moment of clarity. Either way the silence was appreciated. Stahbur continued looking around the bar, wondering if he would be waiting a long time for a potential employer.

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock="OOC"]Is everyone in an adventure right now? The tavern has been empty for days. Are there any upcoming adventures that need players, or active adventures that still need more players out there?[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Ingot is in the tavern... Don Incognito has an adventure on tap that Ingot is signed up for. I'm not sure if he's 100% ready to roll, but the limiting factor right now seems to be lack of PC's.

There is an "upcoming adventures" thread in the forum someplace...
[/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
A handsome half elf walks out of the back, newspaper tucked under one arm, and looks around the tavern. "Wow, I must have been in the privy longer than I thought.." he states while looking around and seeing the two occupants in the tavern. He makes his way over to a table in the back, where he retreives his belongings from under the table and takes a seat.

"Greetings by the way - name's Dextyr. I must have had a bad reaction to something I ate before... I've been holed up in the privy if you catch my meaning". He pulls out a lyre and begins strumming away.

"So...what brings you two into the Hanged Man? I'm always up for hearing a good story"

OOC [sblock=ooc]I know that PHB2 classes are not approved yet, but I am just hanging around waiting untill they are. I am ready to adventure as soon as I can (pending approval and all).[/sblock]

Thanks TwoHeadsBarking.

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
Ingot makes its way from the bar over to the table occupied by the half-elf.

Hello, it says. My name is Ingot. I don't have much of a "story" to tell. I've lived all my ten years here in Daunton, at the Forge. Recently it was brought to my attention that my experiences have been very... limited. So I have chosen to walk the path of an adventurer. I hope that by using experience as a hammer and the world as an anvil, I will be able to upgrade myself.

What about you, Dextyr? What brings you to this place, and what path are you following?

DMDanW

First Post
“Pleasure to make your acquaintance Ingot” replies Dextyr as he rises from his seat and extends his hand towards Ingot for a handshake.
“Would you care for a beverage at all? I’m a little thirsty and could use a drink” remaks Dextyr and then waves over to the barmaid and points to himself and Ingot.
After returning to his seat he looks up at Inogt. “The forge you say. Hmm, never heard of it, but then again I am fairly new in town. What type of work did you do?”

“As for myself..” Dextyr continues “ I felt the need to get out and see the world. I am always interested in meeting new people and partaking in new experiences. After all, as a musician and entertainer I need to get some ideas for writing new material”. Dextyr then picks up his lyre once more and plucks away a upbeat tune, seeming pleased with himself for getting that particular sequence of notes correct.

Remove ads