• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

nerdytenor

First Post
The door to the tavern bursts open, and in stumbles a young monk, dressed in dark tan robes laced with occasional stripes of white. His head is shaved bald, face is dirty, and he appears to be soaking wet (which is odd, since it's not currently raining. It is currently nighttime, however). Out of breath, he pants heavily for a few moments before wheezing out a few words.

"Please...someone....help...need...help...coming...they're coming...coming for me!"

Dorn nearly falls off of his stool for the second time in excitement, but when he turns and sees the look on the face of the monk, his expression quickly changes to one of genuine concern. Dorn moves towards the circle of adventurers, and steps cautiously forward.

"Is there any way I can help?" Dorn asks meekly. He reaches toward the young monk to offer a hand of comfort, but sees a pool of electric charge forming on his fingertips and pulls it back at the last moment.

[sblock=Putting the strike in striker]
Dorn, chaos sorcerer, would be thrilled to get in on this, but is equally happy waiting for the next adventure as this is nerdytenor's 2nd pc.
[/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
"Please...someone....help...need...help...coming...they're coming...coming for me!"

Dextyr walks over to the paniced monk and speaks in a somewhat calming tone "Relax padre, you are in a safe place now surrounded by many capable hero's to be - please sit and catch your breath and tell us your tale. Who is it that is after you, and why? I will help you if I can, but please explain what kind of help you require"

[sblock=OOC]
Well this is my first character and my first kick at an adventure
That said, if it appears that there may be 2 leaders already ahead of me in the running, so if I have to I can wait in favor of a balanced group.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Well, I'll let the folks with only one character take first dibs. Have fun, guys![/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Blade's the same, I'd really really like to adventure with Tristan as well, with our PC's developing their "special" relationship it'd make for great fun.

So I guess if there are no more 1st characters we could both jump into the fire?
[/sblock]

JRYoung

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Skalisss is a first and only character, level 2 Paladin, who has been on 2 short adventures already.

How do we tally up the list of characters waiting and select a party?

Here is what I gather:

Skalisss - L2 Paladin, 1st character
Hadrak - L1 Cleric, 1st character
Tristan - L1 Avenger, 2nd character
Blade -
Dextryn - L1 Bard - ?
Dorn - L1 Sorcerer, 2nd character
Ingot - L1 Cleric, 1st character <-- IN
Crag - L1 Warden, 1st character <-- IN

[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

DMDanW

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=OOC]Skalisss is a first and only character, level 2 Paladin, who has been on 2 short adventures already.

Here is what I gather:

Blade -
Dextryn - L1 Bard - ?
Dorn - L2 Sorcerer, 2 characer

[/sblock]

Dextyr (name changed from working name) is my first character and I have yet to go on any adventures.

As well I belive that Dorn is a 1st level character, not 2nd.

As far as who gets to go, well Crag and Ingot had reserved spots, which leaves 3 open - 1 of which the DM states should be a 2nd level character, that that leaves open 2 slots for 1st level characters.

I'd say possibly we go in order of who has been hanging around the tavern the longest - and not because that puts me at the top of the list either - but because it's better to let a player who has been waiting around get the next adventure opposed to a character who has just walked in the door. That said, we should also shoot for a balanced group - don't need a party that won't play well.

That's just my 2 cents

[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=IMPORTANT:]For those of you who will be joining us in Fire and Ice, Don has forked this thread over to HERE! Currently, Crag (defender), Ingot (Strength Cleric; Leader), and Hadrak (Laser Cleric [PEW! PEW!]; Leader) are for sure in the adventure. Don I. is waiting for one Striker and one Controller before the adventure kicks off. If you have a Stiker or a Controller, please contact Don I. so that we can get in on the action! [/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
There aren't many controllers around. There's an Invoker sitting in the "to-be-approved" pile, but I haven't seen the player post here. And Dude, Where's My Ring? should be getting out within the next day or two, if Magnus wants to join this. That's about it, AFAIK.
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Skalisss - L2 Paladin, 1st character
Hadrak - L1 Cleric, 1st character <-- IN
Blade - L1 Avenger, 2nd character
Dextyr - L1 Bard, 1st character

Editing your list a bit, JR, I believe this is the current state of affairs. I'm 99% sure there's no controllers hanging around. There aren't even any controllers submitted and waiting for approval, either. Woops! Forgot about the invoker we just got this morning. But yeah, that's about it.

So, it might be best to fill the controller spot in Fire and Ice with something else. Don's opinion on this matters more than mine, of course, I'm just offering some suggestions.

And yes, ren, I think I'd like to keep Blade and Tristan together - I like where we're going with them ;) If Don wants us, then great; otherwise I'm content to wait for the next adventure. (Shouldn't be too long. But sshhhh! I definitely didn't share secret judge-only knowledge just there! ;))[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Skalisss is a first and only character, level 2 Paladin, who has been on 2 short adventures already.

Here is what I gather:

Blade -
Dextryn - L1 Bard - ?

[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=OOC]
Blade's a L1 Avenger, 2nd character as well
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]

Dextyr (name changed from working name) is my first character and I have yet to go on any adventures.

As well I belive that Dorn is a 1st level character, not 2nd.

As far as who gets to go, well Crag and Ingot had reserved spots, which leaves 3 open - 1 of which the DM states should be a 2nd level character, that that leaves open 2 slots for 1st level characters.

I'd say possibly we go in order of who has been hanging around the tavern the longest - and not because that puts me at the top of the list either - but because it's better to let a player who has been waiting around get the next adventure opposed to a character who has just walked in the door. That said, we should also shoot for a balanced group - don't need a party that won't play well.

That's just my 2 cents

[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
It's up to Don, but that'd be 3 leaders (w/none left in the tavern) and 1 defender. You'd probably kick some major but with all that healing :)
[/sblock]

[sblock=IMPORTANT:]For those of you who will be joining us in Fire and Ice, Don has forked this thread over to HERE! Currently, Crag (defender), Ingot (Strength Cleric; Leader), and Hadrak (Laser Cleric [PEW! PEW!]; Leader) are for sure in the adventure. Don I. is waiting for one Striker and one Controller before the adventure kicks off. If you have a Stiker or a Controller, please contact Don I. so that we can get in on the action! [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
As I said before, I'd love to jump in with Blade, but I'd really like to adventure with Tristan. Maybe Don would take 2 strikers with those 2 leaders and defender. (and assuming Lord S. is interested)
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
There aren't many controllers around. There's an Invoker sitting in the "to-be-approved" pile, but I haven't seen the player post here. And Dude, Where's My Ring? should be getting out within the next day or two, if Magnus wants to join this. That's about it, AFAIK.
[/sblock]

[sblock]=OOC]
Controllers are few & far between, I find their effectiveness somewhat limited IMHO, and are a bit less fun in PbP than in RL games
[/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
Seeing that the situation is under control and that his assistance is not required Dextyr makes his way back over to the bar and slides onto a stool. "Barkeep" he calls. "Can I get a large mug of water and something to eat - it looks like I will be here a while longer". He then glances around the bar and takes note of the other recent newcomers - the dragonborn and the half-orc who seem to be assessing the situation, and the dwarven cleric who is attending to the monk. Hmm, I wonder who else will go and aid the distressed monk, and who will remain here with me. And as far as that goes, when might another opportunity come through that door....he ponders as he waits for his food to arrive.

[sblock=OOC]
Well looks like I was beaten to the punch by Mal Malenkirk for that adventure. Hopefully something else comes along soon..
[/sblock]

Remove ads