Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

The Digger

First Post
Yes! Dang't touch lady once too!

"Is good to meet another Lady-touched. Is it work you seek? Sailor you are, not so?"

Girth hummed a few notes and then in a scratchy voice sang a few lines of a goblin sea shanty, learned during the trip aboard the Bloody Wake.

"What shall we do with a drunken sorc'ror
What shall we do with a drunken sorc'ror
Early in the morning"

"Not good my singing and long time it is since I speak Goblin language. This song you know?"

CaBaNa

First Post
An outlandish figure opens the the door of the Hanged Man Inn, taking a quick glance over his surroundings as he tilts the long spear strapped to his back in order to get through the entrance without getting snagged. It was difficult to qualify a sight as strange with this particular tavern's clientele, but he was at least a rarely seen category of oddity. The human wasn't particularly tall, but he was built like a jaguar fresh from the jungle. His bronze skin and the garish mix of reptile scale and exotic feathers that decorated his hide armor marked him clearly as coming from the Valley of Bones to one that knew the fashions of the area.

Seemingly satisfied with what he saw, he proceeded in, taking a seat at the bar. He grins widely, "'Ey dere barkeepa mon, ja get I a cup of water, maybe I drink somet'in' more expensive lata, jus' thirsty righ'now. I 'Ear dis is da place ta be in Daunton, yaya? Well, dis brudda try an' be where 'e needa be, so 'ere I am."

[sblock=OOC]
Well, Matlal Atzintli is in town. The quasi-Rasta Aztec headhunter is pending authorization. I'll be chillin' in the inn for a while.
[/sblock]

What an accent! a plume of pink rolls towards the metallic human. Tell me about where you come from, are there rare spices, herbs, do the gods themselves walk among you? Veruzak pauses Does your land have alot of sentient colorful beings, or are those scales and feathers from beasts? The wizard pauses and draws his pipe again, the motley assortment of herbs pops and cracks, Oh a smoke ring inadvertently escapes, I'm Veruzak, nice to have made your acquaintance.

The wizard continues to eye the mostly monstrous crew that seems to be rather large, rowdy, and odorific.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
"Is good to meet another Lady-touched. Is it work you seek? Sailor you are, not so?"
The gob sticks out his little black tongue a moment. Dang't Bloody Wake good luck charm. He already job have! Big guy here said Capt looking for Dang't! He pats Alex hard. Hard for a gob, anyway. Likely a light touch.
"What shall we do with a drunken sorc'ror
Early in the morning"

"Not good my singing and long time it is since I speak Goblin language. This song you know?"
Dang't not drunk! Bad for Dang't. Might set fire to sail or thunder a hole in a hull. The gob looks around shiftily. Err, not that Dang't ever done things like that.

Ecce

First Post
What an accent! a plume of pink rolls towards the metallic human. Tell me about where you come from, are there rare spices, herbs, do the gods themselves walk among you? Veruzak pauses Does your land have alot of sentient colorful beings, or are those scales and feathers from beasts? The wizard pauses and draws his pipe again, the motley assortment of herbs pops and cracks, Oh a smoke ring inadvertently escapes, I'm Veruzak, nice to have made your acquaintance.

The wizard continues to eye the mostly monstrous crew that seems to be rather large, rowdy, and odorific.

Matlal looks towards the Eladrin with a wry smirk and leans in. "Ja like exotic t'ings, yaya? Da's fine, fine. Is good ta see da worl', righ'?" The tone at first is vaguely chiding, but he seems to humor the wizard. "Questions, slowly--one at a time--righ'. Come from? Atetlantli, in the Valley of Bone, obsidian jewel on the river Atl." The last part seemed to be spoken from habit, but it was said fondly.

"Alrigh', next. Spices an' herbs? Plenty, food is almost tasteless to I aroun'ere. No taste, no heat. Gods among I and I kind? Da livin' dead god-kings in da ziggurats deep in da jungle prolly qualify fo'dat. Luckily dey keep ta demselves mos'ly. Lotta luxury in dere little kingdom. Dere's stranger t'ings said ta walk deep in de valley."

He shifted slightly, warming up more to the Eladrin's precense. He seemed to get nostalgic and riled about his homeland and its customs. "Neva wear trophies from conquests wit' odda t'inking t'ings, unless da foe is special. Ja don'wanna corrup' ja juju wit' bad mojo unless dere was alotta glory in da battle. Eva'ryt'ing ja see was a hunt of I."

The bartender had already said something about customary introductions while he was speaking, but he finally found himself at a place to say it. " 'Eya, Matlal is what dey call I, is a pleasure."

(Merge MAT with the tl sound in fainTLy (but without the "e" sound, and then ALL. Ma-Tlal)

Turn for I now. Da's some nice warpain' on ja face, wha'sit mean?

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
Delightful states the Eladrin, Valley of Bone, sounds close to home... Lots of undead if I remember correctly. The bartender returns with a house drink, I'll only ask you one question at a time from here in, what makes a mojo bad for my juju?

as an afterthought Veruzak adds,
The ink represents success in games or competitions. I am barely decorated compared to most of my peers. I have wasted a number of years debating my life away. My clan would be very disappointed. I now feel rushed to accomplish greatness.

He raises his glass and downs the concoction. Ha, Now, What makes mojo bad for my juju?

Last edited:

Ecce

First Post
Delightful states the Eladrin, Valley of Bone, sounds close to home... Lots of undead if I remember correctly. The bartender returns with a house drink, I'll only ask you one question at a time from here in, what makes a mojo bad for my juju?

as an afterthought Veruzak adds,
The ink represents success in games or competitions. I am barely decorated compared to most of my peers. I have wasted a number of years debating my life away. My clan would be very disappointed. I now feel rushed to accomplish greatness.

He raises his glass and downs the concoction. Ha, Now, What makes mojo bad for my juju?

Matlal looks moderately serious as he presents his answer, but it's obvious he's acting dramatically solemn, "T'ings got energy, mon. Livin' t'ings got juju, dead things an' magic t'ings got mojo. Is bad vibes, mon. Ja get bad mojo round ja person an' is bad fo'da soul. Good mojo harda ta come by den bad mojo, mos'ly."

"Also, ain'no use rushin', brudda. Take it easy till da time's in ta strike. If ja ain'rushin' dey prolly won't 'ear ja comin' eitha." He grins.

CaBaNa

First Post
I'll chase down the good mojo then, and run from the bad juju. Slowing down won't help me. The Eladrin lets out with a raucous laugh. I'm anxious to get out of this city, the first job that opens up a port that I can make it too, I'm gone. There has to be someplace more exciting.

Ecce

First Post
I'll chase down the good mojo then, and run from the bad juju. Slowing down won't help me. The Eladrin lets out with a raucous laugh. I'm anxious to get out of this city, the first job that opens up a port that I can make it too, I'm gone. There has to be someplace more exciting.

"When da righ' opportunity shows up, ja'll know it. Ain'na doubt. Migh'na be excitin' righ' 'ere, but word is dis is da place ta find excitement. Slowly, slowly. If ja don'know where ja goin', da bes' assumption is dat whereva ja at is de place ja lookin' fo', jus'a matta of findin' out how."

Matlal grins again, satisfied with his explanation. He looks around the tavern as if the opportunity could fall right from the rafters.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
7 Rabbit suddenly jumps up from his place at the bar, waves his hands in the air in excitement, and intones, "TEG EM A REEB!" Nothing happens. He squints at the book before him again, steadies his hand and says again, with more concentration, "GNIRB EM A REEB!" Still nothing. He slumps down in disappointment.

Then he notices Matlal, and perks up. He jumps up again and hurries over.

[sblock=Magari]
Hello! So great to hear a familiar accent! I'm 7 Rabbit, court astronomer in the Kingdom of Glad Weeping! Who are you and what brings you to this land?
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
7 Rabbit is taking some time off waiting for Don I's sequal to Echoes of O - I only brought him into the tavern to further the "a paladin and a rabbit walk into a bar" joke. So don't count on him to join any adventures. Unless something really interesting comes along, then I might change my mind. (Although players with only one character get first pick, of course.)
[/sblock]

Ecce

First Post
7 Rabbit suddenly jumps up from his place at the bar, waves his hands in the air in excitement, and intones, "TEG EM A REEB!" Nothing happens. He squints at the book before him again, steadies his hand and says again, with more concentration, "GNIRB EM A REEB!" Still nothing. He slumps down in disappointment.

Then he notices Matlal, and perks up. He jumps up again and hurries over.

[sblock=Magari]
Hello! So great to hear a familiar accent! I'm 7 Rabbit, court astronomer in the Kingdom of Glad Weeping! Who are you and what brings you to this land?
[/sblock]

Matlal looks over the dwarf, taking note of any particular markings of symbols he might be wearing. He nods courteously.

[sblock=Magari]It's good to speak the mother tongue outside of singing to myself. By Magari naming I'm 17 Net. How fares the Kingdom of Glad Weeping? My path never took me directly into your lands. I became unpopular with my chief in Atetlantli and was ready to see something outside the jungle; necessity drove leaving, curiosity puts me in Daunton.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads