log in or register to remove this ad

 

[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Hearing his current companion offer up for the race, the half-orc looks to the who else has volunteered and shakes his head. Speaking to the elf, "It seems me that the winner of the race would subject to quite a bit of fame. As much as the coin would help me, I'll decline. I'm not used to the attention."
 

log in or register to remove this ad

pacdidj

First Post
Vok reaches a mailed gauntlet out for a greeting. "Well met master warforged. I am anxious to see what you can do" he says evenly.

After a moment's hesitation Crush take's Vok's hand, grasping somewhat harder than is polite. "And I, you, half-elf."
 

renau1g

First Post
If Spring crosses the finish first, does that count as a win for us? If the rules permit my companion to compete at my side, we will join you. I am skilled with tangat, sword and boomerang, and Spring has sharp teeth and claws - I get the impression this race is more than just a speed contest.

"I would imagine it would be as well. So, there's five of us, just like the article says, is everyone ready to head out? I believe the article mentioned going to Middle Dura to speak with Kavin Ballard. If you're ready we can head out" Vok says.

[sblock=ooc]
I think we have enough now.

Current Group:
1) Vok Vaerhirmana - half-elf paladin - defender - renau1g
2) Bellegon Darksun - Drow Warlock - striker - MetaVoid
3) Crush - Warforged Warlord - leader - pacdidj
4) Rikka Quickpounce - Elven druid - Controller
5) Ryk Tavishny - halfling ranger - striker - 1st PC

Remaining PCs:
1) Varak - half-orc barbarian - striker - EvoKB - 2nd PC
2) Harressh - dragonborn sorcerer - striker - ryryguy - 2nd PC
3) Kirska - dwarven cleric - leader - thaco - 1st PC
4) Vistrathis - githyanki swordmage - Kalidrev - defender - 2nd PC
5) Haltor - halfling warlord - leader - stonegod
[/sblock]
 

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Seeing the others get ready, Brews adds I'll keep a seat warm for your return.[sblock=Race of the Five Horns]Race starts here.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=ooc] After the Race of the Five Winds PCs leave the tavern, who else is left here in the Shard besides my Vistrathis? [/sblock]
 

ryryguy

First Post
Harressh watches the racing team assemble from his seat in the corner. When they leave he looks down and snorts a small patch of frost onto the table and idly scratches at it with a clawnail.

[sblock=ooc]Actually, do dragonborn have claws? Not as a weapon, I know, but are their hands clawlike?[/sblock]
 



pacdidj

First Post
Seeing the others get ready, Brews adds I'll keep a seat warm for your return.

"Thank you brother," Crush says nodding to Brews.

He extends a hand to Ryk, "Well met, warrior of the plains."

Still studiously avoiding Rikka's gaze, Crush addresses the newly gathered group: "There is no time to lose then, let us set out for the Race of the Five Horns."

The warforged moves to the door, holding it open for his new comrades.
 

renau1g

First Post
"Thank you brother," Crush says nodding to Brews.

He extends a hand to Ryk, "Well met, warrior of the plains."

Still studiously avoiding Rikka's gaze, Crush addresses the newly gathered group: "There is no time to lose then, let us set out for the Race of the Five Horns."

The warforged moves to the door, holding it open for his new comrades.

Vok begins to leave, but then walks over to the gith. He places a hand on the others shoulder, "Good luck in yours travel my friend, I only hope that others greet you as openly as we have. May the Host watch your path" the half-elf says genuinely, his smile warm as he gives a compassionate squeeze, then follows Crush to the door.

The paladin will lead the others out of the tavern, his plate armoured form leaves the building.


[sblock=PC's left]

Remaining PCs:
1) Varak - half-orc barbarian - striker - EvoKB - 2nd PC
2) Harressh - dragonborn sorcerer - striker - ryryguy - 2nd PC
3) Kirska - dwarven cleric - leader - thaco - 1st PC
4) Vistrathis - githyanki swordmage - Kalidrev - defender - 2nd PC
5) Haltor - halfling warlord - leader - stonegod*

*Hasn't entered yet
[/sblock]
 

pathfinderq1

First Post
Hearing his current companion offer up for the race, the half-orc looks to the who else has volunteered and shakes his head. Speaking to the elf, "It seems me that the winner of the race would subject to quite a bit of fame. As much as the coin would help me, I'll decline. I'm not used to the attention."

Rikka shook her head, slowly. "I wish you luck in your hunting then, and if I hear of any demon on the prowl, I shall leave word for you here. Perhaps we will meet again..." Then she shouldered her pack, quiver, and bowcase and made her way across the room to where the others were gathering. She looked over the group, her gaze lingering speculatively on the dinosaur, and a moment later on the warforged. "I am ready."
 

MetaVoid

Explorer
Warlock gathers his cloak around himself and raises his hood again. Silently, he glides out and stands in the shadow of the building while others greet their various acquitances...he follows the group keeping just a bit off on the side
 

On Puget Sound

First Post
With companions such as yourselves, this prize is already ours! Ki Ki, Spring! Ki Ki! The dinosaur perks up at the signal and flicks its tongue, its eyes alert and its stance eager. It stays close to Ryk, following him out the door
 

EvolutionKB

First Post
"I wish you luck in your hunting then, and if I hear of any demon on the prowl, I shall leave word for you here. Perhaps we will meet again..."


"Yes, I have a feeling this is not the first time we'll have drinks together. Go and win. If I'm here when you return, I'll buy you something a little stronger." He claps the elf on the back, wishing her well.
 

Kalidrev

First Post
Vok begins to leave, but then walks over to the gith. He places a hand on the others shoulder, "Good luck in yours travel my friend, I only hope that others greet you as openly as we have. May the Host watch your path" the half-elf says genuinely, his smile warm as he gives a compassionate squeeze, then follows Crush to the door.

The paladin will lead the others out of the tavern, his plate armoured form leaves the building.


Vistrathis smiles back and clasps the half-elf's right forearm with his right hand. "Perhaps our traveled roads will cross once more. Until then, may your roads shine with the light of the moon, and may you travel fast and far! Good luck, and health be with you, my friend."

Vistrathis watches as the paladin departs with some of the others and then looks around to see who else is sitting in the Shard. I should probably get to know some of these people, as our paths may cross on the road of the future. An evil known now is better than a good revealed later.

Walking back to the bar, the gith orders a simple cider from Brews and takes another glance around the room, hoping that one of the others would approach him and not force him to have to approach them.
 

ryryguy

First Post
After the bar empties out a little bit, time seems to pass a bit more slowly. Harressh yawns, then stands and stretches. The dragonborn approaches the bar. As he crosses the room, he looks around to see if anyone is paying attention to him, but all seem lost in their drinks or personal conversations. He sits down next to the gith.

"Mister warforged... another ale, please." He looks over at Vistrathis uncertainly. "Ah..." he begins, then stops. "Ah, sorry, hope I'm not intruding. Name's Harressh. I'm just a little bored, and you seem interesting. No offense. Just I've never met one of your kind before. Where do you hail from?"

Brews sets down the ale, and Harressh quickly grabs it and buries his snout in it, still looking sideways at Vistrathis.
 

Kalidrev

First Post
Vistrathis smiles as Harressh sits down next to him.

"I would welcome the company. My name is Vistrathis. It is very nice to meet you. I always find the company of dragonborn to be interesting. Do you have any interesting tales of adventure? As for me, I hail from the Talenta Plains where my caravan roams under the care of Mama Kousha. I am now eighteen, and because of this, it is tradition that I undergo my rite of passage, known to us as "The Jaunt", and bring back someone or something valuable to my caravan."
 

ryryguy

First Post
Harressh listens closely as Vistrathis speaks.

"Hmmm, I'm afraid I don't have any good tales of adventure. War stories, more like, as I fought with several mercenary corps towards the end of the war. Not stories to be proud of - now that the conflict is done, I'm trying to find more honorable work in the great city, here."

The dragonborn pauses and scratches his snout. "I did see a little bit of action in the Plains," he says, "but never saw your like there. Didn't have much dealings with the small ones either, it was mostly elves and Cyrans..." For a few moments, his sunken eyes flicker from side to side as if tracking scenes from the past.

"But this 'Jaunt' sounds like a worthy tradition. Send the younglings out, and when they come back, they are bringing not just whatever thing they might have found but also their own selves strengthened by the experience. The tribe - ah, caravan - benefits twofold. Right? Yes, it definitely sounds like an honorable path."

The sorcerer raises his mug to the young githyanki. "May your Jaunt bring great fortune and glory to both you and your folk!"
 

Kalidrev

First Post
Vistrathis raises his drink to the Dragonborn and smiles. Things were going well all ready! "...and may the moon light your way on the long roads ahead!" he says to Harressh as a finishing statement to the sorcerer's fine toast.

"Perhaps we will get the chance to walk the road together for a time! I suppose that all depends on who walks through that door, and when they do so, with an opportunity for employment."
 

EvolutionKB

First Post
Varak shrugs his soaking cloak back over his shoulder and walks over to the dragonborn and the Gith. Dripping all they way, he stands next to them. "Can I sit? The pair of you seem to be wanderers, and I seek friends and worthy allies on my own path."
 

Status
Not open for further replies.

COMING SOON! Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top