[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaBaNa

First Post
that would be Veruzak's shadar-Kai step mothers on the L4W side. I was really itching to play Veruza out though, and not just have the character sit as an NPC

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]

@modest: depends on time of day, but I suppose could be full or empty depending on the person imagining. ;)

This will be Elec-Squall's replacement when he retires.

The character is mechanically a single cleric, but will be RP'd as twin sisters.

Veruza and Audrey were two characters made in another game, that I'm adapting to play in LEB. They are two separate characters, but I can't get Audrey's creator to jump on the forum. Since I can't bear to separate them, thought this the next best solution.

Audrey is the top picture female, Veruza the bottom picture female.

monks.jpg

250px-Priest.jpg

[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Err, say what??? Are we playing DND or super heroes?
[/sblock]

Zissou

First Post
As the bartender turns around with the second beer, Dalvach holds up his right hand outstretched, indicating he'd like five more. "Aye, aye...waiting is one practice we know too well eh brother? I hope our travels have not left your mind as dull as your flail," Dalvach smiles snidely, then sighs heavily, looking every bit of his one hundred and three years. "I do miss the old days though friend. Things were so much simpler then. Now..." he trails off, "I wonder where hath our newly acquiesced friend the cleric be?" Dalvach tries to keep his voice low enough so that only Daegaul would hear his speech. He rumbles in the ancient low-dwarven tongue taught to him by his father, and his father before him, and so on and so on until the few years ago that the language found new ears. Daegaul, first trusted outside of the Mror clan mountains to know his fathers version of dwarvish. "Kunth gara mona freerd, arund yun tin fudrerard gunth. Verat yudsun rasgimbatuk cun-ta-ga?"
[d]....[/d]
[sblock=Dwarvish] These people smell strange, and none know their true selves. Do ye think them worthy of inspiration?[/sblock]

"I'm not fully certain anyone is worthy these days Dalvach. You and I both will most likely have to commit to a few more atrocities on the type of adventure we're seeking. We'll have to be content with the best we can do..." Daegaul scans the room quickly through his peripherals, studying faces while enjoying another sip of brew. "i can be satisfied with that." Daegual says with smirk as he lightly flicks one of three vicious looking flail heads in the direction of Dalvach's lined up beers. The point of the flail head punctures the thin glass of one beer to allow its crimson brown contents to spill out onto the counter.

Passing the now rapt adventurers by, the twins made directly for Daegaul and Dalvach. Boys, we're sure you heard us coming. smiled the twins.

"Good to see you ladies. What trouble have you been instigating?" Daegual replies allowing his eyes to follow the strange form these two sisters have symbiotically nurtured together.

"Come now Dalvach, put your drooling tongue away and offer the ladies a drink like a gentleman of your stature." Daegual jokingly remarks as he snatches one of Dalvach's remaining four beers to offer Veruza.

CaBaNa

First Post
Nothing. reply the twins simultaneously.

The proffered beer is taken up by Veruza, Thank you, but Audrey cuts in as Veruza looks away, What about me?

Veruza hands the beer to Audrey as the monk speaks, I'm having water Audrey finishes the sentence as if she'd been speaking all along, Ah there's my beer, knew you'd remember me Daegaul. says the monk with a wink.

The mercenary twins had been having a rough time scrounging cash since the war ended. Joining with the two new partners had worked out so far, and "adventurer" as they had called it, seemed to be a more acceptable title than mercenary these days.

Find a job? asked the twins in their pseudo-song. Avoiding obviously suicidal missions, or being waste deep in sludge, Would be serene. calmly recited the twins.

Walking Dad

First Post
Varis Lyrandar , Half-Elf Bard 4

Varis blinks and looks again at the strange patrons in the tavern.

[sblock=ooc]Still working on sheet[/sblock]

modest

First Post

"I'm not fully certain anyone is worthy these days Dalvach. You and I both will most likely have to commit to a few more atrocities on the type of adventure we're seeking. We'll have to be content with the best we can do..." Daegaul scans the room quickly through his peripherals, studying faces while enjoying another sip of brew. "i can be satisfied with that." Daegual says with smirk as he lightly flicks one of three vicious looking flail heads in the direction of Dalvach's lined up beers. The point of the flail head punctures the thin glass of one beer to allow its crimson brown contents to spill out onto the counter.

Dalvach stares open mouthed at the newly formed puddle of ale running from the table to the floor. He blinks rapidly, eyes darting back and forth between the broken glass, the spilled ale, and then to Daegaul. He then chuckles a hearty, deep laugh, sounding much like the grating of stone on stone."Only ye would be so brazen as to waste ale to get me attention, Yoos! Achh, s'ppose we'll be needing a few more then eh?" says Dalvach, entirely too happy. He motions for the bartender to pour another round by twirling the forefinger of his left hand in a circle above his head.

The proffered beer is taken up by Veruza, Thank you, but Audrey cuts in as Veruza looks away, What about me?

Veruza hands the beer to Audrey as the monk speaks, I'm having water Audrey finishes the sentence as if she'd been speaking all along, Ah there's my beer, knew you'd remember me Daegaul. says the monk with a wink.

Find a job? asked the twins in their pseudo-song. Avoiding obviously suicidal missions, or being waste deep in sludge, Would be serene. calmly recited the twins.

Dalvach's gaze turns from the bartender to the twins as his hand moves back to the hammer at his side. He pays them his utter attention, perplexed and infatuated with their sing-song, parallel speech pattern. "Never get used to it, ye don't, mhmm," Dalvach says inwardly. He then stands up rather sharply and gives a long bow to the twins. "My apologies my dears, where have my manners gone? 'Tis good to see ye made it, in peak form, and not a moment too late! I must beg your pardon for the quality of ale in these parts. Now if we were back in my father's hall...," Dalvach trails off, looking away dreamily. "I haven't had much time to talk to the locals yet, nor did I see any papers looking for heroes," he sighs seeming disappointed, then continues, "However, I have heard rumors of the trouble in these parts, as we all have. The rumors of blood, and sickness...s'ppose we enjoy ourselves for the time being, knowing that all this splendor won't be lasting," Dalvach comments sardonically.

CaBaNa

First Post
Varis introduction was short and to the point, Veruza gives Audrey a mental nudge, Hello. they say together, though only Veruza looks toward the patron in the adjoining seats. I'm Veruza, my sister Audrey. indicates the cleric, her white robes folding neatly in her seat.

Audrey is busy watching as Dalvach stands and goes through his civilities. We can always guard another trade caravan, doesn't pay the best, but far easier than some of the work we've taken. the monk doesn't seem concerned about their ability to find work.

Brews, seeing where this little group was headed, decides against new glasses. Instead the construct fills several pitchers and sets them in front of Dalvach, for the group to enjoy leisurely. Each beer a darker more rich gold, one is colored a dark chocolate brown, all look better than the original glasses. Brews gives a smug salute to Dalvach.

The twins take careful note of the Tower's Shard. Scanning the room, most things seem in place, people carousing, patrons drinking, and then... Veruza spots it first, and alerts Audrey and the others via telepathic warning. Eladrin out of place in the corner, watching everyone judging, weighing. She keeps the pleasant smile going for Varis, not wanting to give away the possible danger.

Last edited:

Zissou

First Post
The twins take careful note of the Tower's Shard. Scanning the room, most things seem in place, people carousing, patrons drinking, and then... Veruza spots it first, and alerts Audrey and the others via telepathic warning.
Eladrin out of place in the corner, watching everyone unhappily, judging, weighing. She keeps the pleasant smile going for Varis, not wanting to give away the possible danger.

Daegaul Useurhy feels his mood elevate as he finds himself reunited with excellent company. He thinks of how fortunate he is to have a few moments with friends, enough so he doesn't have to constantly be peering over his shoulder. Right now he has companions to do that for him kindly. He chuckles at the mischief the twins are causing right before him. "Not a minute have they calmed since they've walked in the door and they're already bringing me trouble heh. I suppose as long as we can protect the twins, I should have no fear of death." Daegaul muses to himself.

Daegaul leans in to Dalvach's ear and says with humor in his voice, "I don't really need Psionic perception to see what the twins are thinking. They're eyeing that traveler, you see? Best we stay out of it, all four of us. Daegaul's tone becomes darker as his eyes narrow and glass over. I know that you haven't spoken about it yet Dalvach, but we may be waiting a little longer for a fifth person, no? Forgive me for scouring your mind... I have bad habits left over from my obligations in the war that I'm actively working on correcting."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads