[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

renau1g

First Post
Unit 16 seems even more confused and slightly surprised by Ryda's response. He turns to the elf and says, "You speak of protecting the natural order, but it seems like the natural order of things is for an owlbear to drive off elves. Do you have any information on why it has claimed your territory?"

"It may be if the owlbear was a natural beast, like a boar, or wolf, but the creature is from the fey realm. It is not natural. The fact that it is in our forest is scary, that might mean that there's more fey creatures coming in. That's trouble not just for us, but for the region as well. The guards here don't care or don't believe me." Luthan replies

[sblock=Nature DC 15]
Owlbears are dangerous predators of the Feywild [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Hope to hear from bfigguns soon[/sblock]

Last edited:

evilbob

Explorer
"Ryda, I do not understand your metaphor. The natural order is for a strong creature to drive off weaker ones. If the weaker ones have 'lost their weapons,' why do they deserve reinforcement?

Luthan, you surmise that this creature came from the Feywild? Do you have a suspicion as to how it arrived?"

[sblock=ooc]:( I'm honestly not trying to be difficult, but so far he really isn't getting it! As a warden, he takes the "biggest picture" approach to natural order; so far he's not been convinced that helping the elves is really important. But if this is getting annoying and you guys are ready to head out, I will just get Brews involved.

I'm good to go with however many people, it's all good to me.[/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
Hmm, she ponders for a moment at Unit 16’s lack of understanding, Let me ask you this Susan, what defines strength? A mighty warrior is strong of body, but weak in other areas, a great mage might barely be able to swing a greatsword, but could call upon the fabrics of reality to destroy large sections of a battle field. The elves understand that they are fighting a physically superior foe who is upsetting the balance of nature by killing everything it can grasp. They are asking our help to restore the balance they have held on to for years before this beast arrived. I would very much like your assistance in this as two or three will fare far better than one, but I will go it alone if necessary. This beast is evil and needs to be dealt with. Her statement said, she rises from her chair and makes ready to leave, seriously hoping the others follow her lead, or this may very well be a short trip.

[sblock=Unit 16]If he’s not getting it he’s not getting it, no need to bend his thoughts to mesh with the adventure. Yeah, it’ll be very rough without him, but stick to your concept J [/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Oh I was never not going to go; I'm just trying to get a reason that works for 16! I think Ryda provided it, though.[/sblock]

Unit 16's face remains confused throughout Ryda's explanation, but clears toward the end. "If you wish me to assist then I will, allied unit," he says simply. He rises as well, shield at his arm, and is ready.

renau1g

First Post
The elf grins from ear to ear, his colour even returns somewhat.

He looks anxiously at the remaining member of the table, the kalashter.

[sblock=ooc]
I'd like to move it out sooner than later. Hopefully bf comes by tonight or tomorrow... [/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
//Looks like bfiggins has gone MIA. That's sad, life is always better with more people, especially ones who heal/buff//

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I'll set-up the thread tomorrow, just want to give an extra day, but doesn't look good. Well, at least the warden can mark multiple foes ;)

Oh, please note the errata from yesterday, I know Unit 16's got a potion of clarity that's been tweaked.
[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]
Oh, please note the errata from yesterday, I know Unit 16's got a potion of clarity that's been tweaked.
Oh yeah - believe me, I noticed that. I'm still trying to decide if I will rework his items but I'll just wait until after this adventure. I may keep them, tho; effectively, the potions become his daily item power use, since he doesn't have any others.[/sblock]

Zissou

First Post
A thin armored Half-Elf enters the seemingly empty Tower's Shard Tavern, raises his arms openly and proclaims in a humorous tone "Hello everyone, my name is Daegaul Useuhry. Pleased to meet your acquaintance." He walks over to the bar and greets the bartender "Can I trouble you for a beer?"

[sblock=Hello I'm Zissou]I am new to the forums and this is my first post. Looking to meet everyone else on this site and have a few laughs. Nice to meet you.[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads