[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Boris watches with a bit of fear, as the simpleton burns himself, then nearly the others. He seems a bit more relieved once Tondrek places the ointment on the burn, and the skin seems to heal nicely.

She eyes the three others at the table that she doesn't know. "Hello, new friends? I'm Roswyn, of House Sivis, pleased to meet you." She notices that another copy of the Inquisitive is open on the table in front of the dwarf. She peers at him more closely. "Don't you teach at Morgrave? I think I attended one of your lectures a couple months ago. Scholar... Coldforge, isn't it?"

"How could I forget! One of my brightest students! How goes your research on the long term effects of illusions on the goblin brain?"

[sblock=Roswyn]You remember the dwarf from your classes. He seemed a bit odd. Obcessed and maybe a bit paranoid or it could have been just stress from being overworked.[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
"Greeting Susan. We were just telling each other how much we'd enjoy your company. Care to take a seat and converse for a while?"
"Yes!" says Unit 16 enthusiastically. It has been some time since he was given a chance to practice conversations. He pulls up a chair and sits politely at the table, but does not loose his shield. It is a slightly awkward and rather crowded fit, given his general size as well as the extra bulk of his shield, although he doesn't seem to mind. After sitting he continues to smile but is very still and doesn't immediately say anything.

[sblock=Unit 16's name]In case this is confusing to anyone, Unit 16 is the character's technical name but he has decided to call himself Susan. It's a long story - contained in this very thread! :) (About page 6 or so.) Feel free to react however your character would act.[/sblock]
[sblock=T-names]Thanks for the update, both of you! Nice pic, R1 - looks cool. Where did you find it - just google image or was that from a specific site?[/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]So you don't have to back and read, Shava is wearing a new outfit that is more skintight and revealing than before. She does not have her bag or armor.[/sblock]

"Roswyn." Shava says in smiling greeting. Roswyn your dwarven friend here would like to hire us to fly an airship to pick up a bit of possible prophesy from some dragonborn. Thalen has formerly piloted such a ship and this is Venakhad, a Jorasco healer."

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Roswyn]
You can tell that Thalen's eyes cloud over and she looks a bit uncomfortable at the mention of piloting a ship [/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
"Hello, Susan. I'm Talkrai," she introduces herself. You can still see the fascination plain on her face. "It's really nice to meet you."

She pauses then, searching for words. She's not sure what to say. There were so many thoughts running through her head she didn't know where to start or if she should start at all.

It looks scarred, but is that more like old scars on humans, or is it hurt? Could I heal it if it was? Should I ask? I don't want to offend it. Maybe I shouldn't think in terms of it? Her then.

"I'm sorry. I hope I'm not being rude, but I've never met someone like you before," she finally said in hopes that it might quell any offense if she were perceived to be staring.

twilsemail

First Post
Pis turns to respond to Talkrai, “I understand the places that didn’t see the War Forged are many. The places that saw them, saw many. They were great and terrible…” He stops turns and sees Susan standing at the table. “Oh, hello there.”

Pis’ tone is one of respect as he talks about the Warforged. He’s obviously seen one in action somewhere and he feels his life the better for it.

“Susan is it? I am Pis. It is a pleasure to be meeting you.” He doffs his rather extravagant purple hat in way of a greeting, revealing an ever so slightly receding blonde hairline. Before placing it again on his head he checks to ensure the feather is secured. He adjusts his belt and minds the rapier and dagger sheathed thereon. Finally he straightens the slashed sleeves of his shirt, making sure the purple fabric beneath shows through just as he likes it. “I was just about to ask you and your friends to join us, do you think they would like the invitation?” His blue eyes sparkle at the prospect of more tales from the area.

[sblock=OOC] Pis is pronounced like the vegetable. Long "e" in the middle. Like need or greed. Also, he speaks with a thick accent from the north, possible Stormhome. This decision was mostly made out of my ignorance of Eberron. I've no idea if they have an accent up there.[/sblock][sblock=OOC][/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
"Hello, Talkrai," Unit 16 says, smiling. "I have no opinion on meeting you," he adds matter-of-fact. There's no hint of rudeness - he is merely speaking the truth.

"I do not know if you are being rude. I have met only one of your race before. He was interesting because he consumed what should have been toxic levels of alcohol for his body weight."

"Hello, Pis," says Unit 16, turning to the other new creature. "I - hmm." He pauses for a moment and then with some new resolve, turns back to Talkrai and asks, "Often pleasure is expressed at meeting a new being. Is this typical of most races, or part of conversations?"

At Pis' second question, 16 seems slightly confused. "I am unaware of their preferences, and I am already here."

A slight smile can be seem on Brews as he serves drinks and casually listens to the patrons around him. "Well we have come a long way..." he says under his breath.

[sblock=r1]Yeah, that site is really great![/sblock]

Last edited:

Mezegis

First Post
The door to the tavern swings open, and a lithe female glides in, mumbling, Ryda” before slipping off to the table she was at on her first trip to here. Her mottled grey cloak fails to cover the massive bow on her back, nor the axes at her waist. With her hood up, one cannot get a good look at her face, but small tusks protrude from her lower jaw, giving a hit to her heritage.

She does not make an indication she knows anyone here, and seems lost in her own world. After a moment, she flips over a few empty mugs on the table, and begins shifting them around the table, muttering to herself at times before resetting the pattern and moving them differently.

[sblock=OOC]Ryda, half-orc ranger: level 4, soon to be level 5[/sblock]

twilsemail

First Post
Pis considers Susan’s question for a moment, a bit confused as to how he wouldn’t be pleased to meet a new person. “I am truly pleased to meet you, Susan. I thrive on adventure, and until I find some I might as well enjoy the tales of others. Then again I could always tell my own as well. For just right now though, I shall go and ask your friends to join us. The more the merrier they say.”

With that he heads off towards the bar where Jarren and Mythra are sitting. “Hello to you, friends. I am Pis Memish. I was hoping you might join my companions and I a bit closer to the fire where we might all make nice and talk?” He smiles hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads