[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilbob

Explorer
"Ah heh." Gark barley manages to fake a small male-bonding sort-of don't you know it! laugh at the tales of the various sexual encounters mentioned by Acre. Clearly uninterested, he continues, "In truth I don't know the names of either of the other patrons here. That one in the back with the fancy hat hasn't done anything but drink and read and occasionally scowl a little, while the other one has been standing motionless for about an hour. I took him for a coat rack when I first arrived but now I believe that cloak is his." His tone is lazy and conversational and he doesn't seem to mind that it carries throughout the tavern.

Gark takes a final swig from his mug, finishes it and calls for another with a distracted wave. "Myself, I'm here seeking training. I see you use a greatspear; have you heard of any polearm masters in this town?"

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
A young woman of pale complexion enters the tavern. She is moderately armored, and carries, among other things, a lute, a book wrapped in chains, and a Blood of Vol rosary, the latter wrapped around her right hand. Her face would be fairly unremarkable if not for the thin scars running across it. "I am Alexia Madgearu of Karrnath," she announces to the room at large, "You know, in case any of you are hiring." She pauses, and then smiles, "Come to think of it, I'm still Alexia even if no one is hiring. My identity is hardly dependent on my state of employment." She shrugs and finds an empty chair.

evilbob

Explorer
"Excellent, Alexia," Gark quips, entertained by this surprise bit of assonance. "My name is Gark, and it remains that way regardless of my employment situation as well," he adds with a half-smile.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
"Greetings, Gark," Alexia replies with a grin, matching assonance with alliteration. She then turns to the half-elf, "So tell me, Acre, if I pay for your a drink, does that change your name? What will I call you then?"

hornedturtle

First Post
354b's attention is atracted by the topic of names, and despite being oblivious to the fact that he was called a coat rack, he steps forward and states,"Designation: 354b" then after a moment with a look of confusion, as much as a rock can look confused, "How is designation dependent of status?"

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Alexia looks up at the warforged, "Well, situations change. For example, during the War I was a captain, so my designation would have been 'Captain Madgearu'. But that is no longer the case, and it would be inappropriate to call me by a rank I no longer hold, so now I'm just Alexia."

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Heh, I think 16 and 354b should meet at some point. :)[/sblock]
"And so the coat rack can communicate! Don't worry, you're still doing better than the young lady in the corner. So, Mr. 300-something, would you care to come join us and explain your delightfully descriptive designation?" These final words are said with a half-smile toward Alexia.

hornedturtle

First Post
354b comes over to where they are sitting but does not sit, in a almost mechanical manner, "Designation 354b stands for Experiment B of the 354 series. The 354 series was an attempt at creating Warforged utalizing Psionic power to increase effectiveness and resilience on the battlefield. Last know status of the series was that it was still in development and never hit the production line."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads