[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilbob

Explorer
Unit 16 remains silent throughout the stranger's story. Quietly thinking, the gesture by Pis - and his apology - doesn't even seem to register. During a pause in the conversation, 16 lifts his head and looks directly at the newcomer. After a short pause, he says, "I will take this job."

Seeing the looks of surprise on his companions' faces, he adds, "I saw some ghosts recently. I would like to find out more about them."

[sblock=ooc]Ha, decision-ninja'd by SoM! That's what I get for leaving a post up for half a day...[/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
Ryda looks at the warforged questioningly for a moment before shrugging her shoulders, “Well, someone has to keep you from getting torn apart. I mean, what’s the worst that could happen? We all get our souls devoured by a crazed undead and forced to walk the land a decayed husk bent on rending the flesh from the living?”

Standing up and adjusting her gear, “Well, if I need to be at the lightning rail in the morning, I have some shopping to do! See ya in the morning” With that said, she smoothly exits the tavern, muttering something about hip huggers and undergarments.

[sblock=OOC]I’m in, but I haven’t finished leveling up Ryda to lvl 5, and am probably going to buy something with her gold rewards.[/sblock]

twilsemail

First Post
“I, too, am in. We are just observing the formalities of recruitment here. We are also making sure you don’t hunt people, Jasper. You don’t, right? Hunt people, that is.”

[sblock=OOC] I’m in.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"Perfect. Here the tickets for the lightning rail. It will leave tomorrow morning. Good to the front compartment, I'll be waiting for you there. Also, here some gold up front, if you need to buy anything to prepare for your work." Jasper hands a small purse. Within it, there is three single platinum pieces. "See you tomorrow morning." On that, he leaves the adventurers to themselves, expecting to see them tomorrow at the lightning rail station.

twilsemail

First Post
Pis watches the man leave the tavern a bit surprised. “You would think a question like, ‘Do you hunt people?’ would call for a response. Perhaps thing are different here in Sharn…”

Pis looks over those who remain, then at the purse of platinum, “So who is buying the scroll then?”

Son of Meepo

First Post
If by scroll you mean a scroll containing the Comprehend Language ritual, I suppose I could purchase it. Though it is something I wouldn't mind permanently adding to my ritual book. If you are all in agreement, then the entire cost would come out of my share.

LadyLaw

First Post
"If you're all going, then I'll go too," Talkrai said to those assembled. "At the very least I can patch you all up if anyone gets hurt."

She was intrigued that the man left without answering Pis's question, and also that Ryda hurried away so quickly.

twilsemail said:
Pis watches the man leave the tavern a bit surprised. “You would think a question like, ‘Do you hunt people?’ would call for a response. Perhaps thing are different here in Sharn…”

"Yea, I do find that a bit odd. I hope it isn't because he does and just didn't want to say. That would be really...well, a problem, actually." She looked a bit nervous at the thought.

Son of Meepo said:
If by scroll you mean a scroll containing the Comprehend Language ritual, I suppose I could purchase it. Though it is something I wouldn't mind permanently adding to my ritual book. If you are all in agreement, then the entire cost would come out of my share.

"That sounds like a good plan to me. If you can permanently add it to your book, then you can use it more than once if we happen to need it. Once we get into this thing, there's no telling if there'll be more writing inside that needs deciphering or something. It's hard to say before we know what it says. I'm not sure if you have time for that or not though. I'm not very familiar with how long it takes to do that sort of thing."

Antithetist

First Post

"He did seem a bit eccentric. But then, how do I know what counts as eccentricity among human nobles?" He stretches and gives a wide yawn full of rather predatory teeth. "Hunting people might be standard courtly manners, for all I know. But here's hoping that he just took it as a joke, and isn't foolish enough to mistake us for prey."

To Priam's plan, he nods cheerful acquiescence.

twilsemail

First Post
After pausing to think for a moment, Pis says, “I can think of few better ways to spend that gold than on a tool for reading a dead language in an old dungeon. You at least have my blessing to take it and spend it on such a tool.”

He turns to Talkrai, “I cannot imagine that the man came all the way here just to find people to hunt. It is, however, at thing we must be sure of before we leave. It was a wise question for Ryda to ask. I am surprised she did not remain for the answer. To be sure, in the morning we shall know. I believe we should all depart for the nonce and meet early in the morning to discuss out strengths before our employer arrives. Agreed?”

He looks to everyone still seated at the table and if all agree he leaves the common room and ascends the stairs to his room muttering to himself about what he’ll wear the next day.

[sblock=OOC]Moving to the adventure thread to get things rolling unless someone objects.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads