[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velmont

First Post
"I would be surprise if it was a secret passage to a keep or castle, because we found it in the forest on my estate. The nearest building is miles away, and it is my manor, which have no secret passage as far as I know. But as I am clueless about that door, I might end by being surprise." replies Jasper to Talkrai.

twilsemail

First Post
Pis nods while Talkrai theorizes and is surprised at Jasper’s quick dismissal of the idea. “If you knew about it, it would not be much of a secret passage, now would it? That aside, I think we may be the people for the job. We have our learned friend Priam here, as well we have Jarren who I expect will be invaluable in such a task. There is, however, the small matter of our fee. I am wondering what you were thinking was a proper fee for…” Pis pauses to glance around the table. “Six experienced adventurers?”

Velmont

First Post
"A price? If you can do everything I ask and make sure we can restart the construction soon, I can give you... eigth hundread gold pieces." suggest Jasper.

Mezegis

First Post
At Pis' comment about 6 experienced adventurers, Ryda pipes up, "Woah there, I don't recall Jarren saying he was interested in this task. He may be, I can't look into peoples minds. //with a sideways glance at Talkrai// Either way, I'd like to know a bit more about this before fees are hashed out. Where is this estate located? How will travel be covered? Are we to foot any medical bills that may arise? And the most important one, what kind of things do you hunt?"

Velmont

First Post
"I manage the transportation to the estate. It is half a day out of Wroat. I would like to leave on the lightning rail by tomorrow morning. You'll be lodged in my manor during that time. Outside that, I expect the 800gp would cover for all you need." explains Jasper.

pathfinderq1

First Post
As the group of adventurers continues to talk with their potential employer, the door of the Shard slid open briskly- at first all that could be seen is a hand in a finely-crafted metal gauntlet, holding the door partway open. There was the sound of conversation from outside- presumably the 'employer's' bodyguards talking with whoever is at the door.

After the briefest of moments, the door opened further, admitting a tall human woman in a broad-brimmed and feather-bedecked hat and a waist-length cloak. She wore knee-high cuffed boots, loose-cut trousers, and a dark-colored shirt under a set of expensive looking half-plate armor, and a suprisingly sensible infantry shortsword was sheathed at her waist. The newcomer looked around the room briefly, scanning the tables with a practiced glance. Her initially reserved expression broadened into a smile, and she made her way over to the bar with a confident, graceful stride. Her voice was pleasant enough, just a tone huskier than one might expect from such a young woman. "Open a bottle of wine, Brews- the good stuff. Vex is back in town." With her brief introduction completed, she swept off her hat, revealing an attractive, well-tanned visage and a cap of close-cropped black curls (to anyone with military training, it was the hairstyle of one accustomed to a full helm and arming cap). While she waited for the barkeep to produce her wine, she surveyed to tavern a bit more carefully, allowing her gaze to linger for a moment over the large group assmebled at one table.

twilsemail

First Post
Pis takes his admonishment well enough. He turns to Jarren and says, “My apologies. I did not mean to be presumptuous.” He turns to Susan, who also has not spoken up, as well, “To you as well, Susan. Apologies.”

As the newcomer enters the bar, Pis eyes her up and can’t help but think, loudly, I don’t know why, but I like her style.

Turning back to the conversation at hand, Pis asks.“And should the situation be worse than might initially be expected? We may negotiate for more, neh? And of course, we get rights to the treasures and trinkets we find inside, excepting family heirlooms. Also, you seem to have dodged a question asked by the lovely lady with the large bow. What is it you hunt?”

Antithetist

First Post
Pis takes his admonishment well enough. He turns to Jarren and says, “My apologies. I did not mean to be presumptuous.”

Jarren waves the apology away cheerfully. "No harm done. The job strikes me well enough. I'm hardly a scholar, but I reckon I can make myself useful."

LadyLaw

First Post
Talkrai shrugs a bit at the way the man blows off her suggestion, as if it matters little to her. She has no experience with this sort of negotiation, so she lets the others do all the talking for now, presuming that they know these things better. She nods at some of the questions she agrees are important, like knowing what the man hunts, and otherwise tries her best to look generally interested in helping.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Priam listened as long as he could as the others haggled over the littlest details. Perhaps he could have bargained for more than 800 gold for the group, but this was the opportunity for adventure and though he had no qualms about taking money for his services, it was secondary to his desire to do something. Finally, he couldn't take it anymore, the words just burst from his lips.

"I'll do it!"

He sheepishly looked at the others wondering how they would react.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads