[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antithetist

First Post
[sblock=My Players]Adventure thread is here!

MetaVoid - don't worry, not abandoning you. If/when KD's proposal goes through, I'll introduce you to the game. Just going to give the other guys a chance to rp a bit in the meantime.[/sblock]

raion

First Post
Serris wanders out the door, with one last look at the gathered adventurers. He gives a half wave of his spear point to any paying attention as he leaves, though he doesn't wait to see if anyone notices.

[sblock=ooc]Strangest place.. friendly enough staff, but the customers can't wait to get you out the door again. Not sure whether to recommend it, or boycott it.. ;)[/sblock]

twilsemail

First Post
Pis raises his mug to the only patron departing who bothered to make a parting gesture, though Serris is already walking out the door by that time.

Massive goliath hefts his maul, says his good byes to halfling he sat with and goes out, nodding to Brews and other patrons as he goes.

twilsemail

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Massive goliath hefts his maul, says his good byes to halfling he sat with and goes out, nodding to Brews and other patrons as he goes.
Wait. There's a halfling?
Edit: Ah Ha! Found him. Tricksey Hobbit.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
"Bravo Pis, that was certainly an interesting story. Did you ever think of putting them to paper? I bet there would be some wealthy people that would pay handsomely for your tales."

"I wish I had interesting tales to tell, but unless you are into such blase topics like ritual theory and practical applications of weather changing magic, then I doubt you'd find my past nearly as interesting."

"The closest I got to battle during the war was standing safely behind a keep's walls. It had the potential to get interesting mind you. We were under siege for three days. Heck it might have gotten interesting had we Raincallers not been there, just having recently brought rain to the surrounding fields. Imagine how vexed we were knowing that all our hard work was now feeding the other side. Not nearly as so as those who paid us for our work mind you."

"But anyways as I was saying, I did have a part in ending the siege. From behind the walls we resumes our rain calling rituals. We made it rain, downpour for four days non-stop. We worked in shifts to keep the storm going at all hours of the day. On the morning of the fourth day our work paid off. The river finally crested over it banks, the dam was breached, and the entire flood plain was washed out. The siege was dispersed before the sun set that night. The keep was elevated and all the people in the surrounding farms had already been moved inside before the siege began, so our casualties were minimal. Though the crops were absolutely ruined at that point. It cost them quite a lot of coin to bring in all the food they needed to keep the place going. I hear they nearly had to abandon it that winter."

twilsemail

First Post
Pis understands that he has stunned the ladies with the shining truth of his last statement. As he sits, self-satisfied, he listens to Priam’s praise.

“I do understand that I could be a wealthy man if I so chose. One does not, however, find new adventures with a quill in hand. Perhaps I should consider finding a scribe to follow me and write of my exploits…” He contemplates this for just a moment for shaking his head and laughing aloud, “Ha! No. Then I would have to spend as much time guarding him as I would combating my foes. Besides, who heard of a sneaky scribe? I would not wish this hindrance to my considerable skills. The world at large will have to live without the tales of my exploits until I am a greybeard with the time for such things.”

Shortly after Priam regales the table with his own tale, Pis applauds and says, “Well done my friend. Washing away the fleas is a sound way to break a siege. What did the Lord who ordered the siege do in response? What made you leave the castle after surviving the siege? Surely you were lauded as heroes?”

[Sblock=OOC]I'm reasonably sure the ladies aren't shocked by the truth of the statement... Just a hunch.

So Priam's experienced in Siege Warfare? I probably shouldn't be surprised. :)[/Sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
“Nasty stuff sieges are. Never been in one, never want to be. It’s just a lot of people waiting for the other side to give up or die. Those inside need to hope their defenses hold, and those outside have all the time they want to try and find the one crack to split you like a melon. And what he said supports another nasty bit, even if you win, you may lose; crops, people, live stock, your whole lively hood can be gone. Nope, never want to be in one.” Remarks Ryda solemnly. Brightening a bit, she adds “Well done on dispersing the siege quickly and with minimal lose of life. Maybe the farmers can go into rice growing?”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads