[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

twilsemail

First Post
As Pis assesses the character that just walked in he mutters, "I get the feeling this one might have a bad attitude…"

Before another interruption might steal his audience, Pis continues. "Of course my aim was true. I am standing here no? I clipped the root of the thing just right and it speared the black priest. Even as he wailed he spat a death curse at me… us. I'm not sure how potent those are supposed to be, but his must have been. That or it was a load bearing stalactite… Either way the cave began falling to pieces.

"We hightailed it out of there; Baldric had just recovered from the ailments bestowed upon him by the cult leader. It was a hell of a run, but we made it. I have a scar just under my shoulder from where a rock hit me on the way out. It right…" He reaches behind himself to point to that spot you can never really reach on your back, "There-ish."

"If I hadn't taken the time to disarm some of those traps, I'm sure at least one of us would have died horribly. Anyway, Baldric and I had a falling out over the courtesies owed to a man who made his living as a strongman in a sideshow. That is how I ended up in this tavern, seeking more adventure." He takes another long pull from the mug and looks about.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Before leaving the Tavern for Upper Menthis, Grys too regales the crowd with a tale. "A long time ago when I was very young, the elders decided it was time for me to go on my first boar hunt. For those of you who have not met an angry boar, they can be pretty darn vicious. Even when you don't really threaten them, they won't just knock you down and gore you once. They'll stamp all over you and gore you until you are just a bloody smear on the ground." Grys says before taking another sip of his ale.

"They're just plain mean critters. As I was only a lad of fourteen, I gotta say that I wasn't exactly looking forward to my first boar hunt. Sure, we had all hunted tamer beasts and such, but not all of the boys sent on a boar hunt came back in one piece. Many die either out in the woods, or sometimes of disease days later from a single cut." he says.

"One of the more experienced hunters gave me a large boarspear and instructions on how to best stab it next to the upper shoulder. Close enough to the heart to kill it within a few minutes, but not so that the spear deflects off the bone. Nor do you want it to go through and through cause the boar will just run right up it and into your face. It's gotta pierce into the beast, hopefully through the heart, but definitely catching on the upper rib cage so that you can hold the beast away from you until it slowly dies. Trust me. You don't want an enraged boar anywhere near you. It's hard enough holding it back without it eating your liver at the same time." Grys states.

"Anyway, so here I am, sneaking through the woods with the other hunters quite a distance back. I eventually heard some snorting behind some bushes and although my own heart was in my throat, I moved forward cautiously, hoping to either kill it with a single blow, or scamper up a tree before it could retaliate. Suddenly, it lept out of the bushes straight for me. I thought I was a goner for sure. I lowered the boarspear, trying to get it set proper before it could reach me. My timing was good, but my aim was not so good. I hit that boar square in the shoulder and that boarspear snapped like a twig and threw me back on the ground." Grys says before taking a long sip of his Ale, waiting for someone to ask the obvious question.

Cleverusername

First Post
Grys says before taking a long sip of his Ale, waiting for someone to ask the obvious question.

"Ok I'll bite, whatch you do when the boar was coming for you?" the large man asks the eladrin, he is sizing up the smaller humanoid, wondering how he could take on an enraged boar.

[sblock=Grys]
Are you smaller? I'm assuming you are, if not let me know and I'll change it [/sblock]

twilsemail

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Sure thing. IC response it is.[/sblock]

Pis waits for Grys to finish his tale, wondering if he somehow forgot the ending. After several second of silence he returns his attention to the table. He is clearly wondering what his audience thought of his tale and how they might have reacted had another tale not started the moment he stopped speaking.

Shortly after he turns, Pis hears Baracas ask the question. He doesn't return his gaze to the door.

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"Ok I'll bite, whatch you do when the boar was coming for you?" the large man asks the eladrin, he is sizing up the smaller humanoid, wondering how he could take on an enraged boar.

"Isn't it obvious?" Grys pauses "I died." he says with a deep loud hearty laugh.

He then walks over to the bigger man and whispers to him "And if some heckler in your crowd yells out the punchline, you just say: Odd, I only thought my dad knew that joke. He must have gotten it from your mom." Grys again laughs as he walks out the Tavern.

Cleverusername

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
BTW I love all the puns about B.A., nicely done everyone [/sblock]

Baracus just looks at the eladrin and as Grys turns away you hear him mutter "Crazy Fool" as the man returns to the sign looks it over again and then follows Grys out of the tavern, hustling to catch up with him.

Mezegis

First Post
Ryda listens to the storytelling, her face unreadable deep inside her cloak’s hood. After Grys leaves the tavern, she comments, “Odd, most people don’t joke about themselves dying.” Seeing Pis lose some of his flare over not getting any fanfare about his story, she adds, “And Pis, that must have been one lucky shot there, to break stone with a thrown dagger! Even with a weighted shaft at full draw I would be hard pressed to crack anything, and to do so in such a way that it didn’t create dust or noise to alert the necromancer of his impending impalement, truly a once in a lifetime event.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads