[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antithetist

First Post
[sblock=OOC: Prospective Party]Ok, so, so far the only people to express an interest are Grys (controller/defender/pseudo-striker), Mythra (controller) and kal'Tarron (striker).

Still to declare are Serris (leader/defender) and Priam (controller).

Orsik (leader) isn't able to go adventuring.

I'm hoping that raion will be keen to get Serris into this game, because otherwise the party is looking distinctly unbalanced as well as short-handed.
If he's not coming then perhaps I should delay recruitment for a little while until some fresh blood turns up, if people are amenable to that.[/sblock]

raion

First Post
Serris finished eating, half-paying attention to the events around him, but mostly hungry. When he finishes, he takes a look at the posting he noticed go up.

[sblock=OOC]I'm in.[/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
Ryda casually watches the exchange between the burly man and Jarren with little interest, knowing the rules of the house prevent open violence on the premise, and seeing the blustering of a weak person that has lucked into a high station, and thinks himself better than everyone else. “Well, since it seems some of us will not be going to the University, who’s going to share the next story? You sir?” she says, motioning to Pis, then turning to Talkrai “Or perhaps the young miss?”

LadyLaw

First Post
Talkrai was appalled by the behavior of the man with the notice. She began to fear that the outside world was an even less inviting place than she could possibly have imagined. Was every offense met with such threats? Really, she thought, I think he just threatened to kill anyone who'd ever been friendly with Jarren if they were on university property. That doesn't seem right. Not a very good recruiting method either...

Seeing that others clearly felt the same as she made her feel a little better. She made no move to read the notice or even to acknowledge its existence.

"I have no tales of daring deeds, as I said earlier, but I did tell something of myself and my experiences before you arrived. I think Pis should take a turn."

The man confused her so much she hoped that if he told some sort of story things might clear up a bit for her.

twilsemail

First Post
Pis looks around the table of expectant adventurers and smiles, “Very well. If it is your wish that I tell you a tale, so shall it be. I will tell you of my brief time adventuring with the great Baldric Armbreaker and his companions. Baldric, as I’m sure you are all aware, is a Dwarven pugilist of no small renown. Traveling with he and I, at the time, were Angran an Elven Mage and Redmond a servant of Onatar.” He looks about the table to see if anyone recognizes the names of these apparently great adventurers.

“While in a small town on the Thrane, not close to much at all really, we learned of a cult in the area that had decided eating people was a worthy way to spend their days. The mayor of this town pleaded with Baldric Armbreaker to slay these villains. This did not require much pleading. As you of course know, Baldric Armbreaker is a foe to Evil in all of its forms.

“We found their cave in short order and with few delays, just a few bandits that quickly decided highway robbery didn’t always pay. I scouted ahead and found the entryway both guarded and trapped. I will say that the unfortunate thing about traveling with a dwarf and a human who sometimes thinks he’s a dwarf is that they are not generally appreciative of the finer points of stealth.” This statement probably seems a bit absurd coming from the man in vibrantly colored clothing.

“As I closed on the one I suspected led the guarding cultists, Baldric charged in with Redmond behind him. Fists swinging, Baldric incapacitated several guards. My blade and I assisted where we were most needed. The mage, bless him, stopped most of them from alerting their allies with a cold blast that froze even the ground they stood upon.

“Unfortunately for us, luck did not shine upon us. One of the guards managed to not only escape into the cave, but he also sounded a horn on his way in. Everyone inside must have known we were there.

“Several battles followed that one. The cult was surprisingly large. I would say in the end they probably had two score members, maybe three. In the end, we found the dark heart of the cult, a dark cleric of The Keeper who had surrounded himself with ghouls.

"He stood upon his dark altar calling forth unnamable terrors. We managed to take down his ghoulish minions only through the faith of Redmond. In the end, Baldric faced him man to man. Using some power I’d rather not think on too long the bloated fiend incapacitated poor Baldric Armbreaker. It seemed for us all hope might be lost.

“I looked about, hoping for something to find to save the day. I espied a stalac… stalag… a dagger of stone hanging from the cave ceiling. My course set for me I threw my trusty blade hoping beyond hope that my aim was true.” He pauses for a moment to take a sip of his ale, “Pardon, I’m a bit parched.”

Cleverusername

First Post
The door to the tavern opens once more and a human enters. He has dark skin and his black hair is shaved into a short mohawk. His brown eyes are fierce and the man's dark facial hair is trimmed close to his face in an intricate fashion.

"Name's Baracus. Any of you lookin' for someone to bash some skulls?" the man says as he brings up his right fist, and a gold set of metal knuckles are on his hand. He wears dark black scaled armor, but its cut off at the sleeves, leaving his large, muscular arms free. Various tattoos are evident on the bare arms.

He sees a group looking at some sort of message board and decides to head over. "Hmmm.... you fellas need a hand?" the man asks.

[sblock=ooc]
Baracus, Human Brawling Fighter here and ready to rumble. If it wasn't obvious, he's looking to talk to the group going on Antithetist's adventure. We spoke via PM earlier today.

Still working on background, but he's a pirate on the run from the Lhazaar Principalities.
http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:PC:Baracus_(Cleverusername)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Image]
Baracus.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mezegis

First Post
Ryda notices the newcomer enter and takes an appraising look at his physique, "Man, I pity the fool who bumps into him in a dark alley." She sighs slightly when he takes an interest in the job and doesn't join the table.

[sblock=Sorry]But someone had to say it! lol[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads