[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antithetist

First Post
"truly a once in a lifetime event.”

"If that," Jarren puts in with a wry grin at Pis. "A fine story though. And you have my respect if you truly did put an end to a cult of cannibals. People like that don't just prey on others; they degrade themselves, corrupt themselves. They're lost to the world, like rabid beasts. It's an act of mercy to kill them."

[sblock=***Professor Farrow's recruits***]Feel free to head on out of the tavern, as some of you have already done. I'm waiting hopefully for the result of KD's proposal - it has one approval so far, if it gets two more, Orsik will be able to join the party. It takes 48 hours for the approval to officially pass after the Approvals are gained, though, so I may start the adventure thread without him and have him catch you guys up in a couple of days.[/sblock]

twilsemail

First Post
Pis blushes with the attention, almost a prettily as did Talkrai earlier. A smile blooms on his face as he looks around the table and confides, “I may have cheated just a little…” He draws his dagger, showing off the masterful work put into the blade. As it catches the light it begins to warp and stretch. Soon Pis is holding a heavy throwing hammer. “The throw was difficult, but the blade did most of the work.”

“The Cleric was too busy informing us of the ways he intended to cook our corpses to notice me in the shadows planning his downfall. Once the stone spear began to fall, he had no time to get out of the way.”

Last edited:

Mezegis

First Post
Ryda smirks, then barks out a laugh as Pis provides more details on the miracle throw. “And you see, this is why you never hear of women evil masterminds. It’s not because there are less of them, no, it’s because women are smart enough to count the number of adventurers attempting to thwart their evil plans, and to kill you before you can find some way of escaping. You never hear about them, because there are no survivors to tell the tale.” Leaning over to Talkrai, she adds, “Right? It’s just because women are smarter than men!”

rb780nm

First Post
[sblock=OOC] kal'Tarron: I died once. I got better...

Joe: sorry for the OOC, but kal wouldn't say that - but i couldn't leave Deva in a converstion about dieing and not make a joke like that[/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
Talkrai looks amazed at Pis's story, although it's clear she's never heard of the people he mentioned. The very idea of cutting stone with a dagger throw like that is enough to awe her. She was about to say as much when Grys began his tale and she stayed silent to listen. When he got to the end, she was very confused. What was that supposed to mean, that he died? Was that supposed to be some sort of metaphor? She didn't understand.

The eladrin walked out of the tavern before she could ask him, so she turned back to those still seated around her. When Pis showed the trick of his dagger, she was noticeably intrigued. She'd never seen a weapon that could change like that.

"That must come in very handy," she said.

Ryda smirks, then barks out a laugh as Pis provides more details on the miracle throw. “And you see, this is why you never hear of women evil masterminds. It’s not because there are less of them, no, it’s because women are smart enough to count the number of adventurers attempting to thwart their evil plans, and to kill you before you can find some way of escaping. You never hear about them, because there are no survivors to tell the tale.” Leaning over to Talkrai, she adds, “Right? It’s just because women are smarter than men!”

Talkrai nodded. She sensed that this was meant as some sort of joke to tease the men at the table. "Sure," she said slowly, "Smart enough to be more subtle about their plans and actions anyway. Men can be so straightforward with their aggression."

twilsemail

First Post
As the ladies begin sharing their thoughts aloud again, Pis comments. “It is so true. If the cleric had been a woman, she could not have kept her eyes off of me.” Pis says with a self-satisfied grin. “We would have been in trouble indeed.” His tone is joking; he’s not that full of himself.

“Women get frustrated by men being obtuse. Men get frustrated by women being cunning. Each has its own rewards and pitfalls. This has been the way we live for who knows how long? We compliment each other, no?”

evilbob

Explorer
A confused but pensive face remains on Unit 16 whilst the others talk about the differences between men and women.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads