• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TCotM: Rinaldo's Idylls

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Even if he prepared that, and probably not, there's a limit on that. Is it within 900 miles of Orussus?"

(OOC: As I found out from the correct map, the answer is no, though it isn't too much farther than that. Sin managed the Teleport to Medibaria from even farther than Orussus because her caster level is more than twice Rilithorne's )

Velmont

First Post
"900 miles... the Chromatic Order is a bit farthr from here if I remember well..." Rinaldo thinks a moment. "Thanks anyway." as he walks down the street with Hogarth, he adds "It seems I won't be able to handle that today, it will have to wait tomorrow. It's just with the business of the city, i would rather not let that take too much time."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I see...I am sorry...Wizards...they never have the right magic...unless they know...to pick that...like Clerics....But...do you know any...Sorcerers...who know that spell?"

(OOC: I believe Rinaldo does not)

Velmont

First Post
"Sorcerers... There was Persephone, but she is either moving or back to Monemvassia, and I am not even sure she has mastered that spell. It is wizards I know, they need more things from the shop. just teh inks component for teh spellbook allowed to keep the shop running in the first days. No profit from that, just the minimum to maintain business." Rinaldo continue to walks and looks around at the crowdy streets. "Orussus. What a wonderfull city. Even more when you have been thinking you would never see it again... I thinks it's time to feed you with the detail of the reunion I have called. I won't waste my time and we will prepare it better."

Rinaldo leads the way to the Red Dragon Inn. "You see, something happen yesterday... or you could say, ten years ago. When we were figthing Sin. I am not sure you remember, but after you awaken, Elektra told that Vanitri was destroyed by the Crux, simply absorbed, so she followed. What remain of Guile, Ashnar then me have followed.

What happen once I was absorbed is that I have been push foward in time, on my own timeline. I just appeared sitting at my desk. I was looking at some paper that speak on the new options about the security of Orussus. That was yesterday. I jump ten years foward in my futur. Things seems just so perfect that I can't believe it happened. Here the Red Dragon Inn. Let's take a drink and speak about that. We will take a private room."

Rinaldo opens the door and take a moment to look at the RDI, and at what it would look like in ten years.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"That is...I...how unusual...It almost seems...impossible...but then..."

*They head to the Red Dragon Inn. The facade of the inn seems to have been refurbished, as it has portions that seem clean, new, and very stylishly arranged, though admittedly it doesn't have the nostalgia of the older original. He opens the door and heads inside.*

*On the inside, more of it is the same As always, there are adventurers out and about here, drinking, talking, and telling stories, though as Rinaldo enters, some of them grow quiet, a few exchange hushed whispers, and several make respectful gestures towards him, tipping their hat or removing it to put it over their chest, slight bows, or just nods. The wall still has those bulletin boards with jobs and requests, though there is also a simple plaque resting on one wall near the bar. A pretty young woman with light brown hair works the bar. She looks like she can swing a sword, but Rinaldo has never seen her before.*

Velmont

First Post
Where is Joe... does he has retired?

"My name is Rinaldo di Senzio and this is Hogarth Vradlik, two old-timer of this Inn." tells Rinaldo with a smiles. He takes a few step and take a look at the bulletin board, trying to figure what are the trouble of the time. He then walks up to the young woman. "How are you, I would like to take one of your private room. Is anyone free at the moment"

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The young woman laughs, a clear hearty laugh that shows strong lungs even though she is quite slender.*

"Oh, I think they know who you are, Milord Mayor. It's great that you remembered our rules even after all this time, but only adventurers need to announce themselves, she pauses as she sees Rinaldo eyeing the board where it reads 'Rat Troubles--Help Out and Get 50 Gold. Contact Vlarkan One-Eyed for more details' and then quips mirthfully, "Unless you're going to come out of retirement to take on a couple of rats. We shall have to rename the menace suitably--how about the Mighty Dire Rat Swarm of Despair?"[/color]

"Sure, there are some rooms available. I won't ask why you chose to come here for that. Enjoy, sir."

Remove ads