• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tears for Twilight Hollow OOC

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
I'm cool with anyone working with Jalen on a long-term basis. She'd welcome anyone with a good heart and willing hands.

Thanks for the compliment Bro! :) And because I keep forgetting, congrats on being elected moderator too!

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
I'm cool with anyone working with Jalen on a long-term basis. She'd welcome anyone with a good heart and willing hands.

Great! :D I will try and start on it tonight... :\ but it’s probably be more like tomorrow. :)

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
congrats on being elected moderator too!
Ahh thanks. :) Though to be honest it hasn't happened yet. It's official, but non-official, something will be announced when I get the rank and privileges. :)

Last edited:

Endur

First Post
Just because one of my Balor's exploded and killed your last character in one of my adventures is no reason not to come up with a background that makes you emotionally attached to your PC. After all, what emotional impact can my evil NPCs have if your PC isn't one you are attached to.

Edit: oops, your character didn't die when the Balor blew up. Your character died when the second Balor rolled a crit with his vorpal sword. Sorry about that.

P.S. Completely Kidding. I know how emotionally attached you get to your characters BS.

Brother Shatterstone said:
It's a lengthily investment in time for me and also the more time I spend on a background the greater the chance of me becoming attached to a PC, and this isn't a good idea considering the limited future of the game. :) (Just being honest as I know myself far to well.)

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Endur said:
Just because one of my Balor's exploded and killed your last character in one of my adventures is no reason not to come up with a background that makes you emotionally attached to your PC.

That really had nothing to do with this... Honestly, I haven't even considered it.

I simply took a class that was needed and plugged in the numbers for a simple game... No long-term motivation, no plans for the future, no thoughts on the past…

Honest, how many times did I email you when I made Kilcif? Isida how many times did I email you when I made Loviana?

Couple of times each, at least a couple of times. Endur how many times did I email you when I made List? Not once, not at all…

Why?

Endur said:
Details: There won't be any level advancement in this game. Characters will start at 7th, finishing the adventure would advance the characters to 8th.

By your definition of this game it's a character with no future so I have a hard time justify the need for something with a well drawn out past.

Now before I could take the time to make a background you start the IC thread, and to be honest at a breakneck speed at that, to be honest I haven’t yet once thought my characters actions have effected a single post from your standpoint, plus you seem to throw up a post no matter how little a game proceeds, so how’s a character’s past going to effect the game?

Also, you started this game with only one character having a background so I farther decided that a background really isn’t needed.

Endur said:
After all, what emotional impact can my evil NPCs have if your PC isn't one you are attached to.
None, but that doesn't effect my ability to RP a character. :)

Shenanigans

First Post
Ack, I completley forgot I had no backround posted. I promise to have one up by friday night. Finals Week is wreaking havoc with me. Thanks for the reminder in that update.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Endur, this just isn't going to work out for me... The pace of the game is to fast and I'm not really enjoying it so I suspect you should find someone to replace List, or play List at your convince. :\

For everyone else I'm truly sorry… :\ I hate giving my word and then no fallowing through with it but there’s always someone looking for a PbP spot so the game would be better severed with someone who will enjoy the game...

Again, I'm truly sorry to all... :(

Endur

First Post
Sure. We'll find someone to replace you. No point in playing a game if its not fun.

With regards to pace, you know me: I try to do at least one post a day.

Brother Shatterstone said:
Endur, this just isn't going to work out for me... The pace of the game is to fast and I'm not really enjoying it so I suspect you should find someone to replace List.

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
Endur, I received your message. Should I pick up with the esteemed Brother's character or post one of my own? I should have no problem keeping up with a fast paced game. I will be on vacation near the end of July, not sure If I'll have Internet access at that point, until I return second week of August.

Thank you,
GW

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads