Teen Titans: Your thoughts and mine...

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
I think they are wokring on making the show more "focused" and that might detract from the Flash's ability. Still I'm sure this season of JL will be MUCH better than last years, if certain rumors/spoilers hold to form.

LuYangShih

First Post
Bucky (Captain Americas sidekick) could lay the JL cartoon Flash out no problem. Flash gets knocked out by a damned right hook from GL, for crying out loud. Not to mention in the same episode he is unable to catch a van that is going at most 120 MPH. You know a character has been destroyed when he cannot even excel at his supposed specialty. But that is JL, and for another thread.

Beast Boy sounds better than Changeling, I think. Changeling is simply too generic. Although Cyborg is not exactly unique, either. :D

I agree about Slade. His manipulations are truly classic. I would like to think that the Teen Titans will truly be required to work as a team to defeat him. Part of the problem seems to be that Robins obsession continually splits them apart when they face Slade. Obviously, Robin should have a change of heart given his current experiences.

Nightfall

Well if he doesn't after all this, he needs his head examined. In any case I do agree, only a concerted effort can take down Slade. However the man is great at having backups and other ways to keep his enemies at bay. So I don't think we'll see him fail just yet.

LuYangShih

First Post
Well, since Slade is the central villian for a developing series, I would concur with that assessment. I would like to see H.I.V.E. return within the next few episodes, as they were quite entertaining. Certainly the best villians the show has seen thus far other than Slade and Blackfire. My favorite episodes are where they use the villians as a backdrop to develop the characters, though. I still think the Raven and Starfire body switching episode is the best so far.

WizarDru

Adventurer
Yeah, the Justice League's are really two half-hour episodes back to back with the credits shaved off...but since the episodes have already been two or three episode stories, that works fine.

It's interesting to see how they introduce classic villains and characters of the DCU into JL. This week's 'villain' was never actually named on camera, although his name showed up on a paper displayed prominently during the episode. He also looks nothing like his comic-equivalent, but that's not suprising, given how retro that character was.

I'm really curious if we're going to see a Starro episode in the near future. That could be fun.

With respect to the Teen Titans, they've made no reference to any continuity outside their own, and I believe the producers made it clear that it was intentional. Technically, this series might take place in the same world at Batman, Superman and JL...but we have no way of knowing. They've done nothing to contradict or confirm it, and may be still deciding themselves.

LuYangShih

First Post
I would prefer the continuity be kept seperate. I never particularly cared for any of the other DC cartoons, and Teen Titans should not be associated with them.

Nightfall

Nah probably not. I am interested in the one that's upcoming: A better world saga. THAT will be fun. :) Can't spoil it for you but I think I saw the promo for it.

LuYangShih

First Post
Well, once again Teen Titans exceeded my expectations. That was a wonderful episode in all respects, and a nice ending to the first run of premiere episodes. I am impressed by the fact each episode since the first improves and betters that which was done previously. I am looking forward to seeing more episodes in the future.

Nightfall

Lu,

Well actually there were supposed to be a couple more eps before they did Mad Mod and then Appretince(sp). So more will be coming, just not right away.

LuYangShih

First Post
Anyone see "Car Trouble" other than me? I thought it was one of the best episodes yet, and the art was really fantastic. I loved the character interaction between Cyborg and Raven. They showed two new episodes back in November, but not at the regular time, so I suppose most of you may have missed it. They did show it again last week, and the new season is starting on Jan 10th. Should be great.

Remove ads