Teleport out of grapple

BSF

Explorer
I am preparing to run a scenario tonight that will likely have the Psion grappled by some lower level fighters. Given that the PC has a 9 str, it is likely that she won't be able to use brute strength to break the grapple. However, she does have teleport and I anticipate that she will try to use that to escape.

Would this be possible? What rules will come into play?

Thanks!

Bacris

First Post
Manifesting While Grappled and the Rules associated:

Grappling or Pinned: To manifest a power while grappling or pinned, you must make a Concentration check (DC 20 + the level of the power you’re manifesting) or lose the power. (In this case, DC 25 for Teleport, 28 for Greater Teleport.)

If the grappler is not willing, they are not teleported. If they are willing, they are teleported, in which case, the Psion would still be grappled.

Infinite_Kydeem

First Post
What about Dimensional Slide? You can't take someone with you when you manifest Dimensional Slide, so wouldn't that mean they would not be able to choose to go with you and maintain the grapple?

Infiniti2000

First Post
Bacris said:
If the grappler is not willing, they are not teleported. If they are willing, they are teleported, in which case, the Psion would still be grappled.
You need not teleport the creature(s) grappling you.

Bacris

First Post
Hrm, guess that's what I get for reading the "Target or Targets: You and touched objects or other touched willing creatures" instead of "You may also bring along..."

Good catch :) My mistake.

Remove ads