D&D 5E Teleportation circles costs *how* much?!

Faolyn

(she/her)
And for making it permanent, do you think you could get your wizard friends to help you? Must the same wizard do all 365 castings? (And, for that matter, not all worlds have 365 day years....)

The spell states "You can create a permanent teleportation circle by casting this spell in the same location every day for one year." So strictly by RAW, it has to be you, but the length of the year doesn't matter. So cast this spell on Mercury. ;)However, I don't think it's breaking any rules really to just have the spell be cast by anyone. And now I wonder if you can cast it on something mobile, like a folding screen or big rug or in the back of a cart.

The spell states "You can create a permanent teleportation circle by casting this spell in the same location every day for one year." So strictly by RAW, it has to be you, but the length of the year doesn't matter. So cast this spell on Mercury. ;)However, I don't think it's breaking any rules really to just have the spell be cast by anyone. And now I wonder if you can cast it on something mobile, like a folding screen or big rug or in the back of a cart.

So you can take back your folding screen from Mercury (or that recent exoplanet with a rotation of 6 days) once you've enchanted it?

Jeremy Crawford answered:
When you cast teleportation circle, you create the circle on the ground. The circle is bound to that surface, not to a point in space.

When asked whether one could cast a teleportation circle on the deck of a mobile ship. So I'd say more power to you. But as a DM, I am partial to PCs being able to demonstrate awesome power, so...

Remove ads