Tell me about Demogorgon

aco175

Legend
There is a rumor as well that he created ettins. Not sure how much you want to incorporate this into your game. I may have one as a boss monster at lower levels so the PCs know they are on the right track.

Voadam

Legend
D&D's Immortal Set has Demogorgon but as far as lore it mostly only lists her (she is a her in BECMI) as a high eternal of entropy and her list of epithets "Demogorgon (The Child, Bane of Souls, The Lizard King, The Dark Lady)" and goes with a slightly different look when in her true form

1608575973444.png

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
D&D's Immortal Set has Demogorgon but as far as lore it mostly only lists her (she is a her in BECMI) as a high eternal of entropy and her list of epithets "Demogorgon (The Child, Bane of Souls, The Lizard King, The Dark Lady)" and goes with a slightly different look when in her true form

View attachment 130396
Damn, even immortals need to watch out when fighting her, that hit die drain is nasty.

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
Only thing I'd add is for a while he was the ne plus ultra of enemies; he had the highest HP in the original Monster Manual (200), the lowest AC (-8) and the highest XP in the original Dungeon Master's Guide (74,000).

Possible themes include body horror (he has two heads that hate each other, scaly flesh, and tentacles), and madness (his gaze is hypnotic). I'd say he's the most Lovecraftian of the big four, if you want to go in that direction. (Perhaps he is an avatar of Nyarlathotep, or one of the infernal lords the Nephandi serve or a Daemon Lord under Tzeentch if you want to go crossover?)

Last edited:

Mark Hope

Adventurer
If you're using Demogorgon, you should probably also use Demodragon. Originally from the D&D cartoon, iirc, it was statted out in Dungeon 147. Very cool.

Demodragon.jpg

Remove ads