Tell me about the Chessex Pound o' Dice.

I'm looking to get dice for several gaming groups, a total of anywhere from 5-10 people. I saw the Chessex Pound o' Dice on their website, and I just want to know if anybody has got one of these, and what their experiences are with it.

From what I can see on their website.

Pros
-Cheaper than getting 5-10 sets of dice.
-I get some unusual dice, such as the vampire dice, d30, and others.
-I'll probably have some left over for when dice get lost.

Cons
-No pretty sets.
-"Factory Seconds" does this mean that they're butt ugly, or that they don't roll random
-Might not get enough of all the dice

alsih2o

First Post
DM with a vengence said:

Pros
-Cheaper than getting 5-10 sets of dice.
-I get some unusual dice, such as the vampire dice, d30, and others.
-I'll probably have some left over for when dice get lost.

Cons
-No pretty sets.
-"Factory Seconds" does this mean that they're butt ugly, or that they don't roll random
-Might not get enough of all the dice

i see all of yours pro's as being true from my purchase, and not neccesarily any of your cons.

there are some uglyish dice in the pack, and no superbeauties, but they are all good grade dice, no scars, lopsided shapes or otherwise, and i got a few complete sets of pretty cool dice (one complete set of glow in the darks)

i highly recommend it, and recommend buying it thru enworld as well :)

a heaping butload of dice, on the cheap :)

Oni

First Post
You might try looking Ebay if you just want lots of cheap dice. I found about that many for a third of the price. I've given several people sets (ugly though they may be) to get them started with over the last couple of years, it's just about time to start looking for another sack of dice.

Remove ads