Tell Me About Your Strangest Sessions

Mallus

Legend
So Friday's our next game night and it promises to be the strangest session of D&D any of us have ever played (and with us, that's saying something).

The action's going to revolve around the performance of a stage play that the party is writing, producing, and starring in. None of the PC's are actors or theater people (though my paladin is a poet). They're, well, PC's... so what the play lacks in quality it'll make for in real bloodshed, magic, dancing girls, and explosions. Oh, and catchy songs. It's a musical.

This is either going to be one of the best sessions we've ever played, or one of the worst. And the play was entirely the PC's idea. We challenged the party's main rival, a famous merchant and playwright, to a 'duel of drama', a juried play-writing competition, in an attempt to settle a dispute without the traditional bloodshed (though we haven't rules out sabotaging his play).

So what are the weirdest sessions you're ran or played through? Particularly the ones where the weirdness was the PC's idea, not the DM's.

Last edited:

shilsen

Adventurer
Well, there was this one time when the PCs took the mutilated (i.e. armless and legless) body of a former PC, stuffed him (and his orifices) with fireworks, and threw him at the enemy who had killed him (or so they thought) to make a point.

That was kinda special.

Mallus

Legend
Well, there was this one time when the PCs took the mutilated (i.e. armless and legless) body of a former PC, stuffed him (and his orifices) with fireworks, and threw him at the enemy who had killed him (or so they thought) to make a point.
I was hoping to hear about sessions that I wasn't a part of, shil... but thanks for posting to my thread.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I ran a game session in Eberron where one of the players was a chef catering an art exhibit that the other PC's were attending. It was five hours of art displays, the courses of food as they were prepared, and political posturing.

The chef PC loved it and said it was her favorite DnD session ever. That was a good thing, 'cause nothing like it was never going to happen again. ;)

Mallus

Legend
It was five hours of art displays, the courses of food as they were prepared, and political posturing.
I'm not sure I could have stuck to the premise without tossing in some kind of fight in, even if was just a brawl w/a half-ogre based on Jackson Pollock! (note: an actual NPC from my long-running 3.5e campaign).

Nicely done.

Come on, there have to be more oddball sessions you all want to share!

LostSoul

Adventurer
I like the last line I said in an old game:

"At least I still have my pants."

That was a crazy game. Lots of fun, though.

Remove ads