• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Temporary front page

darjr

I crit!
The home page is still loading slower than before.

It loads fast then pauses then the add shows then another section goes fast then pauses then the vertical add shows along with the rest of the page.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Still super-fast except for that one glitch yesterday about 7pm central USA time.

This morning I have been seeing sporadic moments of glitchiness, again. Mostly when posting but sometimes when just loading a page. Not as bad as before, of course, but about once an hour or so.

Intrope

First Post
This morning I have been seeing sporadic moments of glitchiness, again. Mostly when posting but sometimes when just loading a page. Not as bad as before, of course, but about once an hour or so.
Here, too. In particular, the boards recovered from a slowdown at 11:23 Central Time.

It does seem to be helping, but it still seems to have something that's seizing up periodically.

Edit: and another seizure from 11:43 to 11:48--so 5 minutes down with 20 minutes in between, just about exactly. That sounds like something is on a schedule, and hoses the server every time it runs. A backup job running amok, or something? (Hopefully it isn't rooted...)

Last edited:

Montague68

First Post
Tried to load the page at 9:25 AM Pacific today, big lag spike, took around 2-3 minutes to load the front page in.

Last night around 10 PM Pacific time it was almost instant.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Something clealry periodically "happens" on the server. If I could pin it down to exactly how often it is, I might be able to identify it.

Intrope

First Post
Something clealry periodically "happens" on the server. If I could pin it down to exactly how often it is, I might be able to identify it.
5 minutes of downtime, 20 minutes up time--see my edit above. This is consistent with a number of people's comments, too. Hope it's something easy to fix! (I know it's not easy to find...)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So something that's happening every half hour for 5 mins or so? or every quarter hour for 5 mins?

There are some scheduled tasks that are taking place in the background, but they're all at 15/30 or 60 minute repeated intervals. Nothing at 20 minutes.

darjr

I crit!
Yea, just saw that. Not slow, but dead.

About 12:07 my time and now it's back. Was not able to keep trying the whole time so I'm not sure how long it was down.

Remove ads