• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Temporary front page

morbidgames

First Post
The Slow Down

The site is running significantly better right now, but it's still a bit slow compared to any of the other RPG related sites I visit. Before this new text only page that popped up I'd usually set enworld.org to load in it's own window while I continued to read other pages or do something else because of the long load time. It seemed to be the case regardless if I was at work or at home.

Work Specs: Windows box with Firefox 2
Home Specs: OS X 10.5 with Safari 3

cougent

First Post
Win!! Seems to have utterly resolved the issue.

And then again maybe not...

While in the forums I got a Network Tiemout screen twice while trying to move to another thread. Closed browser completely and started over [Firefox 3 opens 4 tabs, 1 of which is ENW] It took over 5 minutes just to load the temp text page. [2:05 pm CDT - 2:11 pm CDT] This loaded fast and the New Reply loaded instantly, now we will see if it will submit...

gnfnrf

First Post
I have inconsistent results. Sometimes, the main page loads faster, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes, the forums move along at an OK clip, sometimes they don't.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but it really seems all over the place.

--
gnfnrf

Serendipity

Explorer
Agreed that performance seems to be deteriorating - it took twenty minutes for this page to load (There's some irony there I'm sure.)
For the record, running Firefox 2.0.0.16 on an XP machine with SP 3. Hope that helps.

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Sometimes the forum loads very quickly, other times it won't laod at all (times out after x amount of time).

Might I suggest that you look at the harddrive(s) of the server. I've had similar experiences with my fileserver, unexplained slow downs that where caused by a harddrive that wasn't wholy dead yet (but didn't show up on any standard tests, I heard the 'clicking sounds of death' by accident).

Bialaska

First Post
It seems just as laggy and slow-loading as always. And as always there are times where everything is super-fast, but it was that way before too, so that's nothing new. :/

Remove ads